Game Day Round 22: Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday 11 August 7:50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win and we are still in it.
Lose and its not longer in our hands

Honestly, winning is probably a result of punching above our weight right now - we can achieve it - but we'll need everything to go right, the 22 to ply their best and some luck.

ITs hard to see the Pies dropping 3 in a row - they might as they have the Wobbles... but they could also come out and just spifflicate us.

It feels like we are runningon fumes a bit, but like any agin Champion, there is still that one punch that can be thrown, landed and take them out.

With Neale in (you knew I had to mention it) we have a taller target albeit a new one in F50.

If, little work dbig meaning, he can take a few marks and get some touches early he'll make a Pie tall defender stay accountable and that might leave Rohan and Jezz with more of a 1 on 1 set up. W still need the entries into F 50 to of course not all be long bombs as well.

The MF will be the fire pit where its all won and lost - break even here and we are in with a chance. Let them dominate and its gonna be a long 4 quarters.

The filth will be out in force... its a sell out. Dont let them get a voice.

We can do this but will need some luck 0 not sure how much is left in the luck jar as we seemed to empty it last year and it's deserted us this year.

Not sure im fully onbaord with no Bews this week either.... so Jamie Elliott better not get off the chain.

And rmember its like game 3 for Neale so lets be realsitic on his potential influece.

Win and we stay alive boys.

Go Catters

Fully expecting their defence to intercept mark all night long and allow them to just play their game and destroy us to be honest, but I will be very happy to be proven wrong.
I suspect they'll beat us up at the coalface - our forward line is genuinely potent, even without Hawkins, but Bruhn, Blitz, Danger and Atkins cannot go with Pendles, Adams, De Goey and Mitchell.

JC playing his favourite opponent on the big stage.

Back to form tonight Jezza.

Let’s get that left foot snap singing again.
It feels like we can't possibly win unless Jez steps up.

These games are the ones you pay a million a year for. Hope he can bring his big boy boots.

I'd actually like to see Tom Stewart at a few more centre bounces this week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect they'll beat us up at the coalface - our forward line is genuinely potent, even without Hawkins, but Bruhn, Blitz, Danger and Atkins cannot go with Pendles, Adams, De Goey and Mitchell.
Their midfield is pretty average in all honesty we should be breaking even with that brigade even without Guthrie, one of the poorer clearance sides in the comp and were absolutely smashed in that area the last fortnight.

It feels like we can't possibly win unless Jez steps up.

These games are the ones you pay a million a year for. Hope he can bring his big boy boots.

I'd actually like to see Tom Stewart at a few more centre bounces this week too.
Just remember he can barely lift one arm and clearly has some other issue (his running/mobility and kick action have suffered for a while now).

I'm glad he's still putting his hand up, because even injured and out of form he has 14 scoring shots, 24 score involvements (that's a lot) and 3 goal assists over the past 3 weeks.

All he needs for now is to fix his radar but he is not kicking fluently at all unlike the first 9 rounds.

Bit hard for Blitz given he'll be in the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back