Preview Round 16, Sydney vs Geelong, Friday 30 June 7:50pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen Esava and SDK work in the backline together, doubt I will see it tomorrow, greater minds than mine on match committee, but side is unbalanced with those two in.

Haven't seen Esava and SDK work in the backline together, doubt I will see it tomorrow, greater minds than mine on match committee, but side is unbalanced with those two in.
Pretty sure it happened in Rd 1 (L), Rd 2 (L), Rd 3 (L), Rd 5 (W), Rd 11 (L). Those are the games I am pretty sure that they both held down key positions in defence but considering how slow our start to the year was, I wouldn't be pinning our opening 3 losses on those 2.
And we had a few wins around Rd 6 where they were both listed in defence but SDK spent quite a bit of time in the ruck.

Pretty sure it happened in Rd 1 (L), Rd 2 (L), Rd 3 (L), Rd 5 (W), Rd 11 (L). Those are the games I am pretty sure that they both held down key positions in defence but considering how slow our start to the year was, I wouldn't be pinning our opening 3 losses on those 2.
And we had a few wins around Rd 6 where they were both listed in defence but SDK spent quite a bit of time in the ruck.

Round 11 not so much - they had a few minutes together in the 3rd quarter when both were in defence before ER was subbed out, but SDK played forward in the 1st half

Henry can play anywhere, even wing/ mid.

Sav at CHF?
I would love to see it.

If Hawkins or Cameron goes down in finals we don’t currently have a solid plan B.

It would be good to test whether Ratugolea’s improvement in defence translates into something in F50.

Not blaming them at all… just seems they are trying to squeeze sav in (giggidy)

I count 8 defenders, 4 of them tall. If J.Henry isn't a permanent forward then it seems that set up that I've been told is "impossible" could be rolled out
Pretty sure they are going to give it a go with Henry back. He has started to gel back into that roll.

Maybe if things are working forward they throw him around? But I reckon they experiment with the 4 talls (on and off the bench) and see if Henry or Kolo can pick up a mid sized forward. SDK will also rotate through the ruck?

Pretty sure they are going to give it a go with Henry back. He has started to gel back into that roll.

Maybe if things are working forward they throw him around? But I reckon they experiment with the 4 talls (on and off the bench) and see if Henry or Kolo can pick up a mid sized forward. SDK will also rotate through the ruck?
Agreed on all points. Starting J.Henry in defence and then thrusting him forward at opportune moments is something I'm keen on. He and Kolo will mostly be used on third talls or mediums from this point on.

Bash them early and hopefully get a good win
We should be inside their heads

I’m yet to see an in form SDK play alongside Sav.

This to me is the most interesting piece to me because if we can master these two working together it’ll become a huge strength.

Issue is I feel it either works or it doesn’t. If Sav in the team hinders SDK ability to become a premier defender of the comp… well I’d take a first from PA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MOC omitted is a surprise. He was in reasonable form and didn't seem to be carrying an injury, so they must be managing him this week.
O'Connor is injured - minor adductor injury with hopes he'll be fine for next week

They were more injured than we were in that game.
To the tune of a 100 point loss? Was wayyy more going on in that game than injury - we absolutely monstered them in the contest and bullied them like in the GF.

I expect this to be closer as it's on their home deck, but they seem to really struggle against our bigger bodied players.

O'Connor is injured - minor adductor injury with hopes he'll be fine for next week
It is funny that he flew to sydney and did captains run if he was injured? And adductor is often longer if serious. Seems like a managed to me but…

Agree. And it seems clear to me that the coach is going to play SAV. Sort of doesn’t matter what I or anyone on BigFooty.com thinks? He couldn’t be clearer that he doesn’t want SAV to leave and will need to play him to keep him. Also he believes SAV makes the backline better.

Issue really is who misses out. Or Does the count Jack Henry as a utility and keep all of them in the team?

We won’t know until we get closer to finals assuming all available. Until then we will see some players managed to squeeze them in

You called it. The 'calf' for oconnor that is non existent in the injury report.

I would love to see it.

If Hawkins or Cameron goes down in finals we don’t currently have a solid plan B.

It would be good to test whether Ratugolea’s improvement in defence translates into something in F50.

Savs goalkicking is terrible though.

I’m yet to see an in form SDK play alongside Sav.

This to me is the most interesting piece to me because if we can master these two working together it’ll become a huge strength.

Issue is I feel it either works or it doesn’t. If Sav in the team hinders SDK ability to become a premier defender of the comp… well I’d take a first from PA

They donr have a 1st and if they did they wouldnt give it to us when he is ooc we will get a mid 2nd at best.

Even without Jezza and Cam Guthrie, that team looks VERY strong and balanced.
Good luck fitting those 2 back in if we have no injuries..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is funny that he flew to sydney and did captains run if he was injured? And adductor is often longer if serious. Seems like a managed to me but…
managed for soreness- likely more sore than the others who by now are all sore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back