Game Day Round 12: Bulldogs vs Cats, Sat 3 June @ 7:25pm - Superhero Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it s not D Day.. tis pretty ******* close to it.

Win and we stay in it.... lose and it's a LONG way back and destiny is getting out of our hands.

We have people coming back but after the bye....

At our best we can win but its gonna need to be literally everyone at their best.

No misses - no double touches... no second grabs and the ball must bounce our way all day.

Put in the effort, put in the work and no mire injuries.

GO Catters

If the precarious position we're in doesn't motivate the players to lift then I'm not sure what it will take, lose this and it's (almost) goodbye 2023 hello 2024, at least in terms of going all the way.

For this reason I'm tipping us to get over the line, but as Daz points out we'll need everything to go right, especially in front of goals.
We're still generating plenty of inside fifties and shots on goal, but aren't converting our chances enough, do that tonight and we're a big chance, despite the fact that we'll most likely lose the midfield battle.

How we line up is also vital, need to get back to the defence that helped us win the flag last year, which means De Koning and Henry both playing back there.

Can anyone confirm that this is the first time all season we’ve had our premiership defence and forward line available for the same game?

Doesn’t help if we can’t get close to breaking even in the middle, but worth noting.

IMG_1052.jpeg

Can anyone confirm that this is the first time all season we’ve had our premiership defence and forward line available for the same game?

Doesn’t help if we can’t get close to breaking even in the middle, but worth noting.

View attachment 1703293

Essentially yes because backline has had no henry or sdk for a while and forwards have had rohan and stengle in and out.

This is our hope and we can exploit gardner and obrien (who are both absolute spuds) with the right supply.

But for that to happen blicavs bruhn and atkins need to have huge games in the midfield. Not having holmes speed in there is a massive problem. I wouldnt be surprised if we are playing oconnor as a full time mid tonight because we are lacking 2nd tier rotations there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially yes because backline has had no henry or sdk for a while and forwards have had rohan and stengle in and out.

This is our hope and we can exploit gardner and obrien (who are both absolute spuds) with the right supply.

But for that to happen blicavs bruhn and atkins need to have huge games in the midfield. Not having holmes speed in there is a massive problem. I wouldnt be surprised if we are playing oconnor as a full time mid tonight because we are lacking 2nd tier rotations there.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mullin given a run through the guts either, big body, good speed, and letting him have his head without having to worry about minding a forward might work.

This ‘passive’ lot need to extract the digit and show why they have a premiership medal …
Finally Scott says it ! I like it !

It's likely he's said it more than a few times behind closed doors - the club is good at not publically airing all messages delivered, so just because we don't hear them doesn't mean they haven't been said

What did I miss
Reporter asked Scott in the presser something along the lines of whether the team had gotten ahead of themselves after last year. He replied that if anything it was the opposite. They're too grounded. Too passive. Need to start playing like the premiership ("seasoned AFL") players that they are.

Reporter asked Scott in the presser something along the lines of whether the team had gotten ahead of themselves after last year. He replied that if anything it was the opposite. They're too grounded. Too passive. Need to start playing like the premiership ("seasoned AFL") players that they are.
Love it

Game Day always sees optimism return.
All the midweek doubts do dissipate.
Scott's rip, lifted it from Hope to Confidence.
Stop the passive pissy passing sideways
Play the Cats quick direct attacking brand.
They know how, they did it, they will deliver
All it takes is the flick of a mental switch.
For the return of focus and determination.
From Pussies to Feral's to be feared.
Won't be mauled by the Doggies tonight.
Count on a classic Cats clawing comeback.

Angry Cat claws.gif

I wonder if he was including himself in the “they”. He himself seems very grounded and oozing confidence of a turnaround etc. Maybe he has made the alteration himself this week to from being passive to showing some desperation to bring the turnaround forward?

Copying my post from VFL thread

As expected…

I can see Bowes and Parf (and Dempsey per my earlier post)….no Simpson (who will be sub)

I expect that one of the other three will leave at half time to be “carry over” (in case a late, late change)

Club must not expect a late change given only Simpson not here

For those going tonight:

Gates & Ticketing Information:​

Gate 7 Ticket Box Opens: 4:30pm

Gates Open: 5:30pm

General Admission locations: Level 3 – All Aisles

• Please note some Level 3 GA aisles will also have rows allocated to Reserved Seating. See signage for details.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back