Game Day Round 24: Cats vs Dogs, Sat 26th August @ 7:25pm KP - Last game as Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here we are.

The last game as 22 Premiers.

2023 didnt go as planned - clearly - but its not all baby out with the bath water contrary to the chicken littles.

We have somne decent youth on the list, some performing better than other this year, but they will get better over time.

This year too much was left to too few and we couldnt produce the best we have for long enough to make it count.

Its an open year and even the leaders are tripping over themselves.

WE go into tonight out of it - so it'll be a different feeling knowing the W has no Finals effect on us... which in itself has been a rare event since 2007 and one that reall ymakes us a very special club when you think about it.

As for that youthm we'll see them - or many tonight.

Whether they can band together and stick it to the Doggies remains to be seen - I just want to see them compete and challenge. Make a moment Dan Menzel V Dane Swan style.

Just flash enough at the top level to wet our whiustles enough to make going into 2024 an intersting proposition.

We dont tank and drop down.... we gear up and go again.

Tonight it starts in some respects for 2024.

GO Catters

Thanks daz and apologies for jumping the gun. I couldn't wait any longer. I am too excited

Conway for 40 hit outs and 10 clearances
Neale for 4 goals and 8 score involvements
Clohesy to come on at 3 quarter time and transform into Zach Butters with more scoreboard impact
Dempsey to go full Gary Ablett senior
Knevitt to take one look at Bontempelli and tell him "look at me, I am the 195cm elite midfielder now"

Geelong by 10 goals

So here we are.

The last game as 22 Premiers.

2023 didnt go as planned - clearly - but its not all baby out with the bath water contrary to the chicken littles.

We have somne decent youth on the list, some performing better than other this year, but they will get better over time.

This year too much was left to too few and we couldnt produce the best we have for long enough to make it count.

Its an open year and even the leaders are tripping over themselves.

WE go into tonight out of it - so it'll be a different feeling knowing the W has no Finals effect on us... which in itself has been a rare event since 2007 and one that reall ymakes us a very special club when you think about it.

As for that youthm we'll see them - or many tonight.

Whether they can band together and stick it to the Doggies remains to be seen - I just want to see them compete and challenge. Make a moment Dan Menzel V Dane Swan style.

Just flash enough at the top level to wet our whiustles enough to make going into 2024 an intersting proposition.

We dont tank and drop down.... we gear up and go again.

Tonight it starts in some respects for 2024.

GO Catters
Thanks daz! Hope the traffic isn't killing you still. Never been but LA sounds like some kind of dystopian future

Thanks daz and apologies for jumping the gun. I couldn't wait any longer. I am too excited

Conway for 40 hit outs and 10 clearances
Neale for 4 goals and 8 score involvements
Clohesy to come on at 3 quarter time and transform into Zach Butters with more scoreboard impact
Dempsey to go full Gary Ablett senior
Knevitt to take one look at Bontempelli and tell him "look at me, I am the 195cm elite midfielder now"

Geelong by 10 goals
He weighs as much as one of 94 Senior's thighs.

CHAWKTS

Who is your youth man of the match prediction?

Talk me out of Ollie Dempsey
Ted Clohesy to get a full 1/4 and do enough to turn heads. He only knows one way

only after my boy Neale gets subbed off after kicking 14 LOL and laying out Libba in a full on contested ball situation channeling Max Rooke.
the 33 legacy lives on.

GO Catters

Ted Clohesy to get a full 1/4 and do enough to turn heads. He only knows one way

only after my boy Neale gets subbed off after kicking 14 LOL and laying out Libba in a full on contested ball situation channeling Max Rooke.
the 33 legacy lives on.

GO Catters
I support this only on the assumption libba gets up and isn't concussed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHAWKTS

Who is your youth man of the match prediction?

Talk me out of Ollie Dempsey
You have come to the wrong person to not talk Ollie up. but I will try only to manage my own expectations and not be disappointed. playing high half forward is tough if the game goes as we expect (bulldogs too strong out of midfield). Plus we don’t have any experienced forward targets so Ollie may not get much of a look in. So far he hasnt translated vfl to afl other than debut and 2nd qtr against Richmond and i think he needs 3-4 full games in a row to get pace of the game etc. so today I am going to not say him as he might not get many opportunities Of course I do hope that he finds space (his key skill) and has his break out game! If not just a couple of glimpses will be ok.

Ted for same reason will be hard to be the best of youth given sub and most likely forward of ball role. I do predict though that he gets a high free for his first goal. It is just the way he plays. love him

mitch will have a shot if they don’t play him out of position. Put him in the middle. He is not a high possession player but a mid who can get the ball out and sneak forward for a mark. He is ready to be best team in 2024

But i think Toby will surprise people and be the one we all talk about at end of the game. He may not be able to keep it up for whole game but I think for a least one qtr of the game he will be best ruckman on the ground. He will make mistakes as he tries to do too much but his agility for a big man is elite and his marking at the level. Despite the lack of games the opposition I think he will be the youth player of the game.

for the rest I just want to see something

EDIT. I forgot about Scratcher. Back in his natural habitat as the main forward I expect him to show something too. If we get any run and he can get on a lead you will see why he is our future full forward. He is not (yet) a wrestler so ball needs to come in fast…but if it does I am hoping we see a half of 4-5 great possessions. And of course an over the top celebration

You have come to the wrong person to not talk Ollie up. but I will try only to manage my own expectations and not be disappointed. playing high half forward is tough if the game goes as we expect (bulldogs too strong out of midfield). Plus we don’t have any experienced forward targets so Ollie may not get much of a look in. So far he hasnt translated vfl to afl other than debut and 2nd qtr against Richmond and i think he needs 3-4 full games in a row to get pace of the game etc. so today I am going to not say him as he might not get many opportunities Of course I do hope that he finds space (his key skill) and has his break out game! If not just a couple of glimpses will be ok.

Ted for same reason will be hard to be the best of youth given sub and most likely forward of ball role. I do predict though that he gets a high free for his first goal. It is just the way he plays. love him

mitch will have a shot if they don’t play him out of position. Put him in the middle. He is not a high possession player but a mid who can get the ball out and sneak forward for a mark. He is ready to be best team in 2024

But i think Toby will surprise people and be the one we all talk about at end of the game. He may not be able to keep it up for whole game but I think for a least one qtr of the game he will be best ruckman on the ground. He will make mistakes as he tries to do too much but his agility for a big man is elite and his marking at the level. Despite the lack of games the opposition I think he will be the youth player of the game.

for the rest I just want to see something
So I'm hearing Toby is the second coming of Otto.

Lock. It. In.

Our median age (data from start of year playing lists; cbf adjusting for birthdays since) in today's line up is 24 years old. West Coast's last week against the Bulldogs was 24.5. Or another way of putting it, we have around the same amount of over and under 24's in the team as West Coast are currently fielding.

If we are competitive today, it's a very good sign for the future as I doubt the Doggies will be surprised like they were last week (nevermind that Eagles competitiveness outside of the derby was starting to track decently), and have had the media burning a hole in them.

Tommy Stewart & Gryan Miers gunning for AA. Hope they finish the year well and sneak into that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back