Preview Round 21: Geelong vs Port Adelaide, - Saturday 5 August 7:25pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't look great from Stewart but I think he was expecting Frederick to kick inboard to a team mate because the shot on goal was such a low % outcome. He was steadying to pick the smother. 99 times out of 100 he's made the right decision there.

A lot of henry's work there seems to be him sticking to a set structure but the ball is moving quick because Freo have options everywhere. Henry has his face on the footage because he's the last line of defence but the reason for the goal is our midfield allowing so many loose Freo players.

Blaming Henry is like blaming a guy losing an eye with a grinder on the lack of safety glasses when all the guards have been taken off and he's using a disc that flogged out and the wrong size. Should he have been better? Yes, but there's a lot going on
Great analogy

No sympathy, no excuses, beggars disbelief the incompetence that allowed the game to take priority over a players welfare.
Anyway, they got 5 mil more than us in AFL funding this year, so use some of that and learn.

Does seem like small fish considering it's Port's 5th transgression in concussion protocols

Jack Henry is one who’s escaped scrutiny from last weeks game.
He was awful and this effort from him against Walters is ridiculously soft - (1:10 mark)
And wtf is Stewart thinking while chasing Freddrick? He holds back. Surely tackle him.

Man, I need to apologise to the person who said it was an effort problem earlier on in the season. I disagreed with them but I was wrong and they were right!

We can't be bothered this year. We are lazy, we lack hunger, and we lack drive. Scotty got defensive about this in his presser today and said only people who don't know anything about footy say it is lack of effort, but it is clear for all to see we can't be bothered this year. It's all there on camera, the lack of effort.

Selwood would never have stood for this level of comfort and complacency. Clearly some of our leaders are trying to fire the boys up (like Hawkins at the Gabba) but if the coach won't even admit to a complacency issue I have no idea how we are supposed to fix it.

Even if we do miraculously beat Port, it is just papering over the cracks this year. I want us to win, but I also want the coaching staff to acknowledge that there is a clear effort issue this year instead of gaslighting us supporters into believing no such issue exists.

We'll find out how hungry they are on Saturday, with the season on the line against one of the best teams.
Do Cats play better after an embarrassing loss?
Were they were lazy and overconfident last week?
Will they be more desperate to win this week?
Why should a season decider force them to lift?
Who is responsible for ensuring team is motivated?

I agree

He needs to be in the starting 22 or playing VFL - he hasn't worked as the sub this season, but I'm not opposed to him in the 22, and maybe Knevitt as sub as I think he's had more impact in that role than Dempsey when we've tried the 2 youngsters with the vest this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, I need to apologise to the person who said it was an effort problem earlier on in the season. I disagreed with them but I was wrong and they were right!

We can't be bothered this year. We are lazy, we lack hunger, and we lack drive. Scotty got defensive about this in his presser today and said only people who don't know anything about footy say it is lack of effort, but it is clear for all to see we can't be bothered this year. It's all there on camera, the lack of effort.

Selwood would never have stood for this level of comfort and complacency. Clearly some of our leaders are trying to fire the boys up (like Hawkins at the Gabba) but if the coach won't even admit to a complacency issue I have no idea how we are supposed to fix it.

Even if we do miraculously beat Port, it is just papering over the cracks this year. I want us to win, but I also want the coaching staff to acknowledge that there is a clear effort issue this year instead of gaslighting us supporters into believing no such issue exists.

But that is called a Premiership hangover - no excuse for it - because of the ridiculous money they get paid

Melb did exactly the same thing last year - their 2 final losses Syd/Bris were a disgrace - both games they got out to early 2-3 goals and then stopped/folded as if shot

Cats flogged both of them by 80pts

Melb this year tho - finally look like they have got their mojo and hunger back - Gawns game last week - was like how he played against us in the 21 PF - just unstoppable physical strength

But that is called a Premiership hangover - no excuse for it - because of the ridiculous money they get paid

Melb did exactly the same thing last year - their 2 final losses Syd/Bris were a disgrace - both games they got out to early 2-3 goals and then stopped/folded as if shot

Cats flogged both of them by 80pts

Melb this year tho - finally look like they have got their mojo and hunger back - Gawns game last week - was like how he played against us in the 21 PF - just unstoppable physical strength
They are a worthy contender to Collingwood.

Parfitt sub?

WTF Scott! drinking hippy water or something, coming across to BS media as forgetful. I thought he had his finger on the pulse, but Jeremy told me?.
I reckon 99% of supporters would know Cameron hasn't ever played without Hawk up there beside him. Hawk's longevity is a source of pride.

Edit, sorry in reply to the Scott press bit you posted.

Didn't look great from Stewart but I think he was expecting Frederick to kick inboard to a team mate because the shot on goal was such a low % outcome. He was steadying to pick the smother. 99 times out of 100 he's made the right decision there.

This- He was making a percentage play pushing him up against the boundary and covering inside- If he had tried to tackle decent change he could have gotten sidestepped and opened up the inside with no cover behind him. It was an amazing goal honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back