Game Day Round 21: Geelong vs Port Adelaide, - Saturday 5 August 7:25pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team announcement on Thursday night may not have been too surprising, but for many it was disappointing - 2022 was seemingly the year of trusting form, regardless of the players age or games experience. Meanwhile, this season we haven't been as willing to trust the form shown of our next gen and instead a preference to shift the magnets & force in the puzzle pieces in the hope of something clicking even though it hasn't looked likely of late

Maybe it's time for Mitch, Ollie & Shannon to have a coffee date with Lukey D and find out Scotty's preferred brand of car wash 😉

Much like most of our recent games, our season is on the line tonight with our remaining matches virtually all elimination finals, while crossing fingers that other results fall our way and for the first time since the 2019 preliminary final we'll be entering a match without Hawkins, while the durable Blicavs will also miss the remaining H&A season, both out with hamstring injuries

After a number of recent disappointing matches, games where senior players were down on form and things just didn't look likely that, let's hope for a 180 change in things tonight - they need to be prepared to hunt the ball & the man, put the foot on the throat early & don't ease up all night. Tonight may not just be about keeping our season alive but also a few careers - time to pull the finger out, show some pride in the guernsey and defend our home deck and making it the fortress we know it should be

The team announcement on Thursday night may not have been too surprising, but for many it was disappointing - 2022 was seemingly the year of trusting form, regardless of the players age or games experience. Meanwhile, this season we haven't been as willing to trust the form shown of our next gen and instead a preference to shift the magnets & force in the puzzle pieces in the hope of something clicking even though it hasn't looked likely of late

Maybe it's time for Mitch, Ollie & Shannon to have a coffee date with Lukey D and find out Scotty's preferred brand of car wash 😉

Much like most of our recent games, our season is on the line tonight with our remaining matches virtually all elimination finals, while crossing fingers that other results fall our way and for the first time since the 2019 preliminary final we'll be entering a match without Hawkins, while the durable Blicavs will also miss the remaining H&A season, both out with hamstring injuries

After a number of recent disappointing matches, games where senior players were down on form and things just didn't look likely that, let's hope for a 180 change in things tonight - they need to be prepared to hunt the ball & the man, put the foot on the throat early & don't ease up all night. Tonight may not just be about keeping our season alive but also a few careers - time to pull the finger out, show some pride in the guernsey and defend our home deck and making it the fortress we know it should be

We might be a chance against a weakened Port, but then we're seriously weakened too with Hawkins and Blitz out, some underwhelming selections, and a midfield that's struggling.

Hopefully the boys find something within to rise to the occasion, but last week's 'effort' doesn't inspire confidence.

Really not sure which way this'll go. Could just be an ugly game.

Naturally I hope we win, but part of me will be intrigued about how we go about the rest of the season if we don’t.
A few new guys who deserve a crack, and a couple of older ones on the skids.
How will those in charge react?
with a recent premiership in the bag we (as supporters) can afford to be sanguine about such things :think:

30 mins too slow.... but thx cats_09

I have literally no idea what will happen tonight....

Neale has been touted all season long as the one next up but Sav coming in with Hawkins out is a head scratcher if like for like.

MAybe CS last ditch effrot to keep Sav in the hoops and they can afford to hold Neale back given he's now contracted to 2025 - shitty thing to do but its a business now.

Could also be ripe for late change.

If we get ging early and give them nothing our best is good enough.. but its been like the Tassie Tiger... much talked about and rarely seen.

GO Catters

30 mins too slow.... but thx cats_09

I have literally no idea what will happen tonight....

Neale has been touted all season long as the one next up but Sav coming in with Hawkins out is a head scratcher if like for like.

MAybe CS last ditch effrot to keep Sav in the hoops and they can afford to hold Neale back given he's now contracted to 2025 - shitty thing to do but its a business now.

Could also be ripe for late change.

If we get ging early and give them nothing our best is good enough.. but its been like the Tassie Tiger... much talked about and rarely seen.

GO Catters

Sorry dazbroncos - I was doing my best to wait, but I knew you've been busy & myself I've just got to work which is where I'll be all day until I head to the match

I thought best to play it a little safe and not get sidetracked no GD thread until like an hour before the game 😂

If you have an awesome preview, please bump my post down

Would love to see us get this one done but won't be too upset if we don't.

Our season was pretty much set up in the opening month, and that has followed us all year.

In many ways I'd prefer a loss just so the focus could shift to getting some young guys into the team for the remaining month. Clinging to the hope of finals does make sense from a game theory perspective but surely the coaches aren't genuinely expecting making a run at another Premiership.

‘I’d rather reach finals playing our best football than stuttering into the 8 “ Chris Scott
I think it’s go time….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry dazbroncos - I was doing my best to wait, but I knew you've been busy & myself I've just got to work which is where I'll be all day until I head to the match

I thought best to play it a little safe and not get sidetracked no GD thread until like an hour before the game 😂

If you have an awesome preview, please bump my post down
This is perfect. Many thanks to you.

GO Catters

I don't think the Cats will win tonight, and their finals aspirations will end. I know Port has lost their last three games, but given the Catters couldn't beat Freo last week, I'm betting Port will be attacking in the same way Freo did. Port will be rabid for this win to keep their top 2 position alive. I just can't see the hunger in the Cats to overcome that. I hope after this week, Scotty plays the young blokes for the last three games.

Of course, as always, I hope they prove me wrong because I always want the Catters to win.

I don't quite understand this
View attachment 1765007
Cats at home should be favored to win & Port has dipped recently. Should be a Geelong win. The more pertinent question is will Kenny put on the headphones and actually communicate with his coaching group upstairs today??
Will be interesting how Kochie handles this situation going forward but he has done it well by not signing him thus far…

I have tipped the Cats, but only because I always do. I was quite despondent after going to last week's game. However, Port are missing a few players, so who knows?
I am another one who would like to have seen Knevitt come into the team. After the senior's effort last week I couldn't see him being any worse.
Anyway, Go Cats.

Wonder if we put a cooler on Rozee or Butters? No Allir or Hawkins cancels each other out.., so good test for both teams. Actually hoping we get creative up front without Tommy.. over to you Mr. Scott & indeed Mr. Carr
Not to underplay Hawkins but I think we can cover him more than they can cover Aliir.

Regardless the midfield is the battleground and we're a battalion short on the low ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back