Preview Round 16, Sydney vs Geelong, Friday 30 June 7:50pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather see
I would love to see it.

If Hawkins or Cameron goes down in finals we don’t currently have a solid plan B.

It would be good to test whether Ratugolea’s improvement in defence translates into something in F50.

I agree, seems very unlikely though. Scott will use any opportunity to get Henry forward

I much prefer our defence with Henry in it.

I think Esava as ruck/forward makes sense for the side this week - albeit his long term future is a defender.

Thats a big help but the Swans players who could * us remain the same as always, its Papley, Parker and Heeney.

But I didn't realise Warner was their number 1 possession winner against the Weagles and kicked a couple so he is a big out.

Kicked eight goals in the last six games against us, so not sure he looms as a major threat personally.

Kicked eight goals in the last six games against us, so not sure he looms as a major threat personally.
And didn't 5 or so come in one game?

I'm surprised Cameron is in Sydney.

Saw footage last night of him running laps at the SCG and he looked ready to play - certainly didn't appear to have any shoulder brace/strapping.

I would love to see it.

If Hawkins or Cameron goes down in finals we don’t currently have a solid plan B.

It would be good to test whether Ratugolea’s improvement in defence translates into something in F50.
Based in his single set shot this year... it hasnt. Still gets the deer in the headlights loom when facing the sticks.

Honestly bit of waste of time worrying about the kpd's against sydney- we pants them in either arc on talent.

Theyve got a better mid unit though and thats where the game will be decided. If we can break even with there we win(ive been saying that alot this season). Warner out is huge for us given that point.

Cats by 30 IMO

Last edited:
What a weird take, I would argue if we lost tonight, and lost badly, we probably can't win the flag.

But that after beating Melbourne, if we put the Swans to the sword tonight we temporarily jump to 5th and depending on results we likely finish the round in the top 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q: Are the Swans in great form or did the Eagles tank?
A: Both... but it won't won't decide the outcome tonight.
Big game winners are decided by Who wants it more.
Swans will be feeling very content. Cats are on a mission.
Sure, both teams are aiming to compete in the finals.
Difference is: Cats know they can win it. Swans have doubts.
Swans WWLLW form line suggests, big win was a big surprise.
Cats: over-powered Demons, a strong premiership contender.
Cats: injury decimated defence is back to full strength.
Cats: Midfield has been strengthened by Danger and Stanley.
Cats : have almost regained their premiership football form.
Cats : Newbies, O'Henry, Bruhn are in the team on merit.
Chris Scott has settled the team, only seasoned players now.

Interestingly: Looking at the current AFL ladder.
Cats: have the 3rd best attack, scoring 1338 points.
Cats: defense is ranked 12th, conceding 1172 points.
Squiggle Attack/Defence tracker analytics show
Cats: are the only team to venture into the premiership zone.

Link to : Squiggle

I’d rather see

I agree, seems very unlikely though. Scott will use any opportunity to get Henry forward

I much prefer our defence with Henry in it.

I think Esava as ruck/forward makes sense for the side this week - albeit his long term future is a defender.
I agree about henry back and they would be mad to change as he is just hitting his straps. I think they are going to experiment with the back 6. Play all of them believing Kolo and Henry can play smaller. Wouldn’t be surprised if they play stewart wing for a period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back