Preview Round 16, Sydney vs Geelong, Friday 30 June 7:50pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sav straight back in, no VFL required. I am not sure how I feel about that.

That says to me the club sees him as a top-15 player on the list. Oh how quickly things can change.

Thinking about it further, our injury list is limiting our options, so perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised that he is straight back in.

I would love to see us have a normal injury list just to see if Sav was still an automatic starter.

Did not see MOC out at any stage in the last week so i am surprised at that

Did we even have any murmurings about him being injured?
Def injured or managed -- not even an emergency.
I thought Smith may have been managed- still might.
Dempsey for sub? would not surprise me given his form but they could also want him to keep getting full games in the VFL to keep building.

I would say the sub will be him or Bowes.
I hope Parfitt- hasn't got that long to regain his mojo

That says to me the club sees him as a top-15 player on the list. Oh how quickly things can change.

Thinking about it further, our injury list is limiting our options, so perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised that he is straight back in.

I would love to see us have a normal injury list just to see if Sav was still an automatic starter.
That is an oxymoron? Do you mean a non-existent list?
In 2023, defining normal is bizarre; WCE 21 players injured, we have had record numbers...

Dempsey for sub? would not surprise me given his form but they could also want him to keep getting full games in the VFL to keep building.

I would say the sub will be him or Bowes.
Dempsey would make sense.

This is the hardest week to pick who the sub will be. Can’t see it being Parf

But I could make a case actually for Mullin - given MOC is out. We have a lot of options who can roll forward (2E, Smith, Duncan) so maybe Dempsey or Bowes of less value that Mullin… And maybe they want Dempsey to continue to bank full games and give Bowes a full game in VFL?

not sure

Dempsey would make sense.

This is the hardest week to pick who the sub will be. Can’t see it being Parf

But I could make a case actually for Mullin - given MOC is out. We have a lot of options who can roll forward (2E, Smith, Duncan) so maybe Dempsey or Bowes of less value that Mullin… And maybe they want Dempsey to continue to bank full games and give Bowes a full game in VFL?

not sure
I can. If he has impressed at all at VFL level, he will be back.

no warner i feel almost makes us favourites.
Thats a big help but the Swans players who could * us remain the same as always, its Papley, Parker and Heeney.

But I didn't realise Warner was their number 1 possession winner against the Weagles and kicked a couple so he is a big out.

Parfitt doesn't deserve a recall until he starts playing better in the VFL.

Let him get his mojo back before recalling
Has he done so? Named as emergency first time in a while, might be on his way. Too good and experienced to be out indefinitely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a big help but the Swans players who could * us remain the same as always, its Papley, Parker and Heeney.

But I didn't realise Warner was their number 1 possession winner against the Weagles and kicked a couple so he is a big out.
Warner was their best in the GF... He is a machine these days. Huge out for them.

Im surprised but I wonder if that means JHenry goes forward to take the Cameron role and we see Esava into defense.

Warner was easily their best player in the GF. Like if he was an 8/10 the next best was a 4/10.

Henry can play anywhere, even wing/ mid.

Sav at CHF?
No chance, they are super happy with Esavas form in defence. His best games for us have effectively been all this season at CHB.

Besides JHenry is a more natural forward and having him in the Cameron role means he and his brother can rotate who stays deep and who moves up the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back