Prediction Events that are unlikely to occur next year but you still think they will.

Remove this Banner Ad

* Tommy has an unscathed, soft pre-season, then does his back in the first game. The club is advised that surgery will be needed, and he'll be out for 18 months.
* Jimmeh finds himself at FF from Round 2, and is left there for the rest of the season after kicking 8.
* Chappy is reported for a high bump against teammate Watson in Round 6 against Geelong. Chappy can be seen chatting to Mackie while an unconcious Watson is carted away, "s**t, I completely forgot that b***ard was on my side now." Mackie can't stop laughing.
* Brown plays very well at CHF for the first 10 games, then is moved to a back-pocket to make way for HMac. Pods kicks 5 on him in Round 11, and Brown is dropped to the VFL for the remainder of the season.
* Our own Partridge and SJ do their hammies as they, among the thousands, find themselves running onto the MCG, Round 21, as Jimmeh slots his 100th for the season, from that pocket.

* Tommy has an unscathed, soft pre-season, then does his back in the first game. The club is advised that surgery will be needed, and he'll be out for 18 months.
* Brown plays very well at CHF for the first 10 games, then is moved to a back-pocket to make way for HMac. Pods kicks 5 on him in Round 11, and Brown is dropped to the VFL for the remainder of the season.
:(
* Jimmeh finds himself at FF from Round 2, and is left there for the rest of the season after kicking 8.
* Chappy is reported for a high bump against teammate Watson in Round 6 against Geelong. Chappy can be seen chatting to Mackie while an unconcious Watson is carted away, "s**t, I completely forgot that b***ard was on my side now." Mackie can't stop laughing.

* Our own Partridge and SJ do their hammies as they, among the thousands, find themselves running onto the MCG, Round 21, as Jimmeh slots his 100th for the season, from that pocket.
:D

We will have 5 fit ruckman to pick from, Dawson Simpson will be our n1 choice and be a terrific contributer.

Mark Blicavs will be played on the wing and terrify the likes of Bradley Hill and co

Mitch Brown and Jared Rivers will hotly contest the 3rd key back man position, and Brown will win

GOLD... Absolute GOLD. Tears in eyes laughter reading this. Best laugh this month.

Go Catters

Hmm, this is a fun bit of crystal-ball gazing......

- Hamish McIntosh is sighted at Geelong, and plays senior football
- Nathan Vardy gets through the AFL season unscathed
- Dawson Simpson gets through the AFL season unscathed
- Billie Smedts learns to respect other players in the competition and develops some consistency
- Tom Hawkins is selected for the senior team when he actually fit
- Travis Varcoe is selected on merit
- Neil Balme gives honest assessments of player injuries
- Chris Scott praises players performances and then does NOT drop them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlikely, but:

-Geelong to win the premiership
-Selwood to take out the trifecta (Brownlow, Norm Smith and MVP)
-Hawkins to be over his back problems and kick 80 goals
-Vardy to establish himself in the CHF position and kick 50 goals
-Simpson to go injury free for the whole season and establish himself as the premier ruck in the competition, picking up an AA guernsey
-Christensen to become elite with a breakout season akin to Beams' 2012 season
-Bartel to play forward
-Thurlow to take out the Rising star award, with Kersten a close second
-Brown and Hamling to put on some serious bulk over the preseason (get them on the Jed Bews training schedule) and one of them to push Rivers out of the 3rd tall back position

Really Like that list Nicko.

Although its almost certain that they will all happen, I can't rule a single one of them out as a possibility.

The fitness of Simpson and Hawkins will have huge impacts on our 2014. If they are both fit, and fire all year long, then its hard not to imagine us challenging again, even if other luck fails to fall our way.

Agree with Daz: wept with laughter. Trouble is, this post is so good it's just about killed the thread.

Buddy gets tackled cleanly, entire Cats team gets one-match suspension.
Macintosh plays 15 games unscathed, gets dropped.
Menzel plays more games than the Cats choke away in the 4th.
Selwood and Motlop both top 50 goals.
Stevie J manages more goals than behinds, and actually plays 20 games.
Kelly finally gets the clanger bug under control.
I make it down to a match.

Rebumped for same laughs 4 days later...

GOLD James1970

You know its a pearler when you get the same reaction 2nd time round 4 days later....

Go Catters

Selwood to win the Brownlow

Hmac to play 10 games in a row , starring versus Port Melb and Footscray

Pods, Chappy, Hunt to play their best games of the year versus us

Hawkins to overcome his back injury , only to do a Pods like shoulder or some such injury. I fear a bad run of luck of the big man.

Christensen , Cowan and Caddy to be the Cat's C team in the midfield , while SJ, Kelly, Bartel to be moved out

Hamling to debut and Brown to play 6 games in a row

In the early rounds all our ruckmen surprisingly go down injured. Stokes, being carried on Varcoe's shoulders, starts in the ruck for the opening bounce in round 4 against a Natanui and Cox led West Coast. Despite carrying Stokes admirably on his shoulders for nearly 2 hours, Varcoe stumbles in the last 30 seconds of the game allowing WC to win a vital clearance and goal giving them a 1 point win. Meto, Son of Meto, Meto's grandson, Meto's illegitimate child and Meto's step daughter duly launch a tirade on BigFooty with the same old s**t we heard all this year.

Varcoe then runs into an extraordinary vein of form, winning an average of 35 possessions and 10 hard ball gets for the remainder of the year and goes on to win the Brownlow, MVP and every other media award as well as being nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize when he brings all of the BigFooty Geelong Board together on a barmy (as distinct from Balmey which is an event that is always two weeks away) Sunday in August where the Meto's and everyone else get along like a house on fire.

The End.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back