Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Membership just opened! So sign on. :D

cdebd756433611e3a60a22000ab5c72f_8.jpg

Come the 15th I think will be a massive spike from all the auto renewals? I remember that happening last year I think?
Sounds about right.

After last years "Take Your Seat" Im for sure loving this years "Fire Up" campaign.

If my hair could be any redder it would :D

Was actually tossing up whether to renew mine or not for 2014. Times are tight (damn corrupt Thai cops / extortionists) but then I thought WTF, it's only VISA money.

Trying to rally some of my mates into getting a GC membership.

I work with a Crows supporter who has now decided to turncoat jump ship to Gold Coast with me.

Well done mate haha. What seats did you get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done mate haha. What seats did you get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the interstate Sun Screamer for this year. I think it entitles me to guaranteed seats for 3 home games? I'll have to check. Me and my mate are planning to make a few trips over to the Gold Coast on our week off (we work 2/1) and make a weekend of it. Get to a GC gamegame, visit the theme parks and have a few messy nights out. Can't wait :D

Will upgrade my membership once I move to Queensland.

It would be good to beat GWS on membership total this year, we know we are going to need 25K members to be viable long term, hopefully this year we see us rise to around the 18K mark.
Something would be seriously wrong if you guys can't since you should be going close to finals next season and we will probably be bottom/near bottom again.

Population may have something to do with it

We have 500k on the Gold Coast, surely that is enough to support 2 national sports teams with 25k members each? The major problem the club will always struggle with, same problem the Titans are facing, is the locals not buying into the club. And unfortunately history has shown us locals don't easily buy into local GC teams. Fingers crossed the AFL and the Suns continue to create a brand that crack our fickle locals here on the Goldy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, not really. The past 2 seasons the two clubs' have had fairly similar membership numbers so larger population in Sydney has so far not had much bearing on GWS memberships.

But it should.

Something would be seriously wrong if you guys can't since you should be going close to finals next season and we will probably be bottom/near bottom again.

You really have to look at the demographics that the Suns are actually appealing to here. Although there are 500k people on the GC, probably around 60-65% of them are Rugby League fans and would never become a Suns member. Of the remaining 35-40% of people that are okay with AFL, majority already support a team in the AFL and are unlikely to ever fully convert. However, the Suns aren't targeting the over-20 population really at all and are making their main focus the next generation. Give it ten years and their potential fan/membership base will be much higher.

Right now they are mostly just looking at Victorian expats who will go to any AFL game regardless of who is playing. South east Queensland is a bandwagon area so some people will jump on board during their successful years but, by the time the Suns are required to rebuild, the next generation of fans will have kicked in and it will be a seemingless transition. This has all been planned.

Think the auto-renew must have kicked in! Big jump.
Did on Saturday for me, Almost had to have SUNS pay for lunch because of it.

That wouldn't have been awkward at all ;)

All things being equal...Platinum seats Season 2 let's go! I'm gonna miss Jars swearing, Will be made up for by Browny's sailor mouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back