Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi HFC Official,

I don't want this to sound too much of a whinge (though it probably is) and there may not be much you can do about it, but I don't know who else to direct this to. It is in regards to the Hawks season highlights 2013 dvd which I watched recently. Some aspects of the dvd were good, such as the running commentary by Parko and Dicko, but some things irked me, such as:
  1. This is a Hawthorn highlights dvd. Whoever puts these things together - know your audience. North supporters won't be watching this, not will West Coast supporters, etc. It'll predominantly be Hawks supporters and this is a Hawks highlights package. So why are there numerous round by round highlights of the opposition kicking goals? I couldn't give a fat rat's clacker about anything the opposition does. It should be 100% Hawthorn highlights. I don't want to see round by round highlights that include opposition play - and some rounds seemed to show just as much opposition kicking goals than Hawthorn.
  2. Once again - the predominant theme of 'Hawthorn highlights' springs to mind when I watch round by round and see things missed. A great example is the 12 second goal from a kick in against Collingwood. This wasn't even included in the Round 3 highlights but was added almost as an afterthought later on. Hey, this was an awesome piece of play. How about showing it in its entirety from the kickout to the goal rather than show only the bit from Stratton onwards? It's 12 seconds for crying out loud. The whole passage of play could/should have been shown. Why aren't the highlights of the season highlighted?
  3. As I say year after year, it would be nice to have 'Top 10' lists of goals, marks, tackles, general play as part of the dvd. Shouldn't be too hard to put together and just requires a little more effort. Whoever decides the makeup of the top 10 lists can remain safely anonymous from those who disagree.
Anyway, if you could pass this on to whoever puts together such dvds, it would be appreciated. If you have absolutely no connection with whoever makes the season highlights, then this was a fun waste of time, wasn't it? :)

Hi Agent Smith,

Thanks for your feedback - I have forwarded this onto the appropriate person.

HFC Official

Does the club plan on returning the #1 guernsey to a player anytime soon? It's a good number with history at HFC and while I think the idea to give it to the fans was nice, IMO it has run its course. I don't think anyone would be upset if it went back to the players.

Perhaps the club can nominate a group of players to be no.1, eg Grimley, McEvoy, Hallahan, Woodward, et al, and the supporters can vote on who should receive the number through a poll on the website? Just an idea.

Hi Shepp,

There are no immediate plans to return the jumper to the playing group - Our #1 fan program is a fantastic initiative that we are looking to develop in 2014. Your comments are valid however, and we always treat the jumper's history with respect.

Random Question for HFC Official
How come all the players reviews have some words from Chris Fagan, except for Poppys?

And you know it is the off season, when I am noticing things like that, and it bugs me enough to query it. :oops:

Hi Edie,

There were technical issues with the website which has now been rectified.

Cheers,

HFC Official

Since we need to pick up a forward in the draft potentially, I believe a mature age recruit would be best off. Medium sized forward Sam Lloyd would be a great pick-up. Leads well, can take a great grab, and as a medium sized forward was able to kick 100+ goals in a season. Food for thought

Hi Dinsdale,

Stay tuned... ;)

HFC Official

After some hard lobbying by the Canberra Hawks group (the pres, not me!) the Cup will be at Eastlakes Footy club, Oxley St, Griffith on 11th December, 6:30pm to 8:30pm:D:thumbsu:

See yas there fellow Canberrans.

@ HFC Official - will there be anyone there able to do memberships? I've got a couple of mates coming along who are supporters but not members (yet), might be a great opportunity to sign some more people up.
Cheers

After some hard lobbying by the Canberra Hawks group (the pres, not me!) the Cup will be at Eastlakes Footy club, Oxley St, Griffith on 11th December, 6:30pm to 8:30pm:D:thumbsu:

@ HFC Official - will there be anyone there able to do memberships? I've got a couple of mates coming along who are supporters but not members (yet), might be a great opportunity to sign some more people up.
Cheers
See ya there Dinsdale! :thumbsu:

Cheers

Hi Dinsdale,

There will be representatives from Membership and Merchandise available!

HFC Official

HFC Official, any chance of getting Graham Wright onto the boards for a question and answer?

We could collate a bunch of questions and pass them through you.

Would be great to hear something post trading - no secrets to give away now!

Just a thought. Wrighty's counterpart at Port has just done it on the Port board on Big Footy.

Hi HFC Official,

I was wondering if you could PLEASE post the full tally of vote getters in the Best & Fairest?

I know the top 10 are on the website, but was really hoping you could provide the rest?

Thanks, much appreciated if you can.

Hi Stemline,

Apologies for the late response here. If it hasn't already appeared online, you will shortly get your 2013 HawkTalk Yearbook which will have all the info you need!

HFC Official

Hi HFC Official,

I have received my Yearbook but cannot see the full list of vote getters in the Best & Fairest anywhere. Did this make the Yearbook? If so, could you (or someone else) direct me to the appropriate page. I couldn't find it online either. Thanks :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't bother - the votes don't even tally correctly for the top 10 totals. Pretty disappointing and amateurish.

HFC Official, can you please now supply the correct totals for the whole list, given the Year Book doesn't have them correct?

Hi grizzlym,

See attached. Wrighty will be online tomorrow from 12.30pm. Here's your chance!

HFC Official, any chance of getting Graham Wright onto the boards for a question and answer?

We could collate a bunch of questions and pass them through you.

Would be great to hear something post trading - no secrets to give away now!

Just a thought. Wrighty's counterpart at Port has just done it on the Port board on Big Footy.

Attachments

• GW.JPG
    GW.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 36
Hi grizzlym,

See attached. Wrighty will be online tomorrow from 12.30pm. Here's your chance!

Will do. But the invitation stands if he'd like to appear here. Clarko too. We're a hospitable bunch. We'll cut up a big block of Cracker Barrel Extra Tasty, break out the Clix biscuits and a few long necks. You get the idea!

Hi Shepp,

There are no immediate plans to return the jumper to the playing group - Our #1 fan program is a fantastic initiative that we are looking to develop in 2014. Your comments are valid however, and we always treat the jumper's history with respect.

No it's not. It's precisely the gay sort of thing the crows would do. Please get it back on the field.

Cheers.

Hi HFC Official,

I see many posters are talking about the yearbook. Is this the end of season Hawk Talk Mag and if so has it been sent out yet? I'm a Kennedy Club member and haven't received it yet and if I recall I had to prompt the club to send me a copy last year too.

Hi Shepp,

There can still be a number one fan program if a player wore the #1. Just like there's a number one ticket holder etc... I think it's been nice how the club has had a supporter be involved in a training session every week at Waverley or interstate and all that can continue to develop even if a player wore the #1 jumper.

Will do. But the invitation stands if he'd like to appear here. Clarko too. We're a hospitable bunch. We'll cut up a big block of Cracker Barrel Extra Tasty, break out the Clix biscuits and a few long necks. You get the idea!

It looks like they'd rather have the 'clix' on the HFC website. ;)

I'm sure we can all go and click there. The one they did on the Port board got huge interest, even appeared in the press.

Just wanted to say there is an open invitation.

Saw Vlad today. Driving some huge BMW 4WD. Pulled over in town yacking on the phone, looking like a stuffed pig. Had to laugh when this guy stood in front of the car, waved his arms and gave him a prolonged bird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back