Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

HFC Official

- Does the 2014 home guernsey from the Hawks nest come with the same AFL premiers logo Hodge is wearing?
132001_photoday14.jpg

- How do I go about getting numbers on the back that are actually printed on, and not done with the heat press machine? A mate of mine has the 2011 puma white strip with 33 printed on. It looks and feels better than the pressed on ones.

Hi shepp,

We will be selling the Home guernseys with the gold logo starting in March. We currently don't sell official player guernseys with numbers already on the back. Hope that helps!

Hi HFC Official,
When do round 2 tickets vs Essendon go on sale for members?

Hi aquilla,

The AFL are yet to release on-sale ticketing dates, however information is due to be released early next week. Stay tuned as this match will be huge for ticketing demand. It will be FULLY-TICKETED, which means fans must have a reserved seat to this match. No general admission will be accepted. If you are a 17-game or MCC Hawk 6-game member you will be required to upgrade to a daily reserved seat for this match through Ticketmaster.

More information to come!

HFC Official

Hi aquilla,

The AFL are yet to release on-sale ticketing dates, however information is due to be released early next week. Stay tuned as this match will be huge for ticketing demand. It will be FULLY-TICKETED, which means fans must have a reserved seat to this match. No general admission will be accepted. If you are a 17-game or MCC Hawk 6-game member you will be required to upgrade to a daily reserved seat for this match through Ticketmaster.

More information to come!

HFC Official

Based on the following site, it appears that next week is the on sale date.
http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/etihad

HFC Official
With regards to ticketing, I am an MCC Hawk and I am interested in purchasing tickets to Etihad games (I will need to upgrade my seat). I got a text saying the Essendon game is on sale at 9am Monday and on the site, I saw that it said the North game at Etihad mid season is also on sale at the same time. Is that correct or will that games tickets be released at a later date?

Also, at the Essendon game, I wish to sit with a mate who is also an MCC Hawk. Am I able to buy two tickets together? If so, how do I do this?
Cheers and go hawks!

HFC Official
With regards to ticketing, I am an MCC Hawk and I am interested in purchasing tickets to Etihad games (I will need to upgrade my seat). I got a text saying the Essendon game is on sale at 9am Monday and on the site, I saw that it said the North game at Etihad mid season is also on sale at the same time. Is that correct or will that games tickets be released at a later date?

Also, at the Essendon game, I wish to sit with a mate who is also an MCC Hawk. Am I able to buy two tickets together? If so, how do I do this?
Cheers and go hawks!
HFC Official, same question except my friend isn't a member of any kind but we wish to sit together. I've only ever sat in the MCC at the G in recent years and my MCC Hawks membership has really just been a donation until now. Not sure how ticketing works for this at all as MCC you just pay your membership and rock up whenever you like.

I'm interested how to how the club justifies the following situation.

An 11 game membership is designed to give entry into our 7 home games plus 4 replacement games. This year, we're now being told there will be no general admission into the Geelong round 5 replacement game and therefore are forced into paying yet an additional amount in order to even get in to the match. The same rubbish used to be peddled with the vs Collingwood replacement games due to crowds but you could always simply rock up and sit up high, but it appears we don't have that option. So am I right in saying this year a membership, without the need for additional $, now entitles entry to even less games (10)?

For the record, I'm a Kennedy Club 11 game reserved seat holder who is very interested to see where the '11' comes from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An 11 game membership is designed to give entry into our 7 home games plus 4 replacement games. This year, we're now being told there will be no general admission into the Geelong round 5 replacement game and therefore are forced into paying yet an additional amount in order to even get in to the match. The same rubbish used to be peddled with the vs Collingwood replacement games due to crowds but you could always simply rock up and sit up high, but it appears we don't have that option. So am I right in saying this year a membership, without the need for additional $, now entitles entry to even less games (10)?

For the record, I'm a Kennedy Club 11 game reserved seat holder who is very interested to see where the '11' comes from.

I came on here to ask the same thing. Given that the Easter Monday game has never been a sellout, what happens when a member (who has already paid for their ticket by buying a membership) turns up to the game with their membership card? Will they not be let in, even though there will be thousands of spare seats? Sounds very much like a ploy to rip off loyal members unfortunately.

HFC Official

Cheers and go hawks!

Hi Stratton_Gun,

Apologies I didn't get back to you before 9am this morning...

All Etihad matches went on sale this morning to members with venue entitlements (MCC 6-game and 17-game members only). So you are able to buy reserved seating for both of our matches.

In order to sit together, you will need to purchase seats together by quoting both of your membership bar codes in the same transaction. If you can't work this out online I suggest you call a Ticketmaster representative.

Hope that helps.

HFC Official

HFC Official, same question except my friend isn't a member of any kind but we wish to sit together. I've only ever sat in the MCC at the G in recent years and my MCC Hawks membership has really just been a donation until now. Not sure how ticketing works for this at all as MCC you just pay your membership and rock up whenever you like.

Hi Cryptor,

If buying tickets as an MCC Hawk member, unfortunately both games at Etihad do not allow you to purchase tickets for guests. However this is only applicable for the member on-sale period which ends at 9am Wednesday. As of this time you can purchase seats together while still receiving the member discount as an MCC Hawk.

Hope that makes sense?

Hi Cryptor,

If buying tickets as an MCC Hawk member, unfortunately both games at Etihad do not allow you to purchase tickets for guests. However this is only applicable for the member on-sale period which ends at 9am Wednesday. As of this time you can purchase seats together while still receiving the member discount as an MCC Hawk.

Hope that makes sense?
So attempt to buy tickets for myself and my guest after this period?

I came on here to ask the same thing. Given that the Easter Monday game has never been a sellout, what happens when a member (who has already paid for their ticket by buying a membership) turns up to the game with their membership card? Will they not be let in, even though there will be thousands of spare seats? Sounds very much like a ploy to rip off loyal members unfortunately.

Hi Spudmaster and suedehead,

The AFL have declared this game as fully ticketed which they are entitled to do. For high-demand matches it makes sense to manage the stadium to ensure members and fans have the best experience possible. As a member with GA entitlements your upgrade amount as a member is $8.50 for the lowest category of seating (category 7).

We understand these extra costs are an inconvenience for members and unfortunately it is the downside of playing in a blockbuster game. However members not only receive the benefit of discounted seating, they also get priority access to purchase tickets before the general public (tomorrow at 9am) to ensure you get the better choice of seats.

Spudmaster, as a Kennedy Club member you are entitled to purchase a replacement game reserved seat for $95 in our Southern Stand section (currently Q11-Q15). With four fantastic replacement games (Geel, Rich, Carl, Coll) this might be worthwhile.

Suedehead, we have been advised that all fully ticketed games will not be reclassified if pre-sales are poor, therefore the rule for this match is here to stay. General Admission barcodes will not scan through turnstiles on the day.

Regards,

HFC Official

Hi Spudmaster and suedehead,

The AFL have declared this game as fully ticketed which they are entitled to do. For high-demand matches it makes sense to manage the stadium to ensure members and fans have the best experience possible. As a member with GA entitlements your upgrade amount as a member is $8.50 for the lowest category of seating (category 7).

We understand these extra costs are an inconvenience for members and unfortunately it is the downside of playing in a blockbuster game. However members not only receive the benefit of discounted seating, they also get priority access to purchase tickets before the general public (tomorrow at 9am) to ensure you get the better choice of seats.

Spudmaster, as a Kennedy Club member you are entitled to purchase a replacement game reserved seat for $95 in our Southern Stand section (currently Q11-Q15). With four fantastic replacement games (Geel, Rich, Carl, Coll) this might be worthwhile.

Suedehead, we have been advised that all fully ticketed games will not be reclassified if pre-sales are poor, therefore the rule for this match is here to stay. General Admission barcodes will not scan through turnstiles on the day.

Regards,

HFC Official

Thanks for the clarification, HFC Official. I reckon the AFL have screwed this one up – there will be loads of empty seats, and members who have paid for tickets sitting at home watching it. I can't see it as being anything other than a money-making rort.

I've paid for a gold seating 17-game membership on the vague notion that it'll get me into all the Melbourne games, but I it's starting to look like I'll be lucky if it admits me to 11.

Offering me reserved seats for the designated games at $95 is all well and good but when we're talking about my kids as well it pushes the cost beyond my means. It's more than an 'inconvenience' - for me it's unattainable.

Seems to me I've paid for something I'm not going to get. Hard not to feel screwed over. And the club certainly doesn't seem to be in its members' corner on this issue, perhaps just happy to rake in the extra dollars.

For high-demand matches it makes sense to manage the stadium to ensure members and fans have the best experience possible.
Can you answer how is making me pay more for something I'd already paid for, going to make my experience better than all the other times I've rocked up and got in by scanning my membership? For matches that won't be sold out (so the old 'subject to capacity' doesn't apply), this is purely a money making exercise, and your members are the ones getting ripped off.

suedehead and stemline

I'd be surprised if this wasn't border-lining on misleading and deceptive conduct to be quite frank.

Will have a closer read through things tonight regarding the 'admission' and 'entry to X games' wording on the membership website before grabbing a more professional opinion tomorrow from a mate. Whether the upgrade is $8, $95 or even 50c is entirely irrelevant - the membership on it's own will not allow entry into the match and that is the issue.

Update:
Point 3 under 'general admission benefits' makes reference to the 'subject to capacity' condition, but I'd question its appropriateness when 'capacity' is set at zero for one of the four said matches. The highlighted statement under '2014 replacement game seating' appears highly misleading given the use of the word 'access'.

http://membership.hawthornfc.com.au/packages/view/119/General_Admission

General Admission benefits:
  • Membership kit
  • Third priority to purchase an AFL Grand Final ticket should Hawthorn compete
  • Gate entry to 11 home or replacement games in Melbourne or Tasmania^
  • Gate entry to remaining games in Melbourne (17-game option only)^
  • Exclusive Hawks Youth earphones (Youth members only) NEW
  • Opportunity to bring a friend for FREE to a selected game* NEW
^Subject to capacity
* Terms and conditions apply

http://membership.hawthornfc.com.au/packages/view/126/Replacement_Game_Reserved_Seating

2014 Replacement Game Seating

With the Hawks playing four of the allocated 11 home games at Aurora Stadium in Tasmania, four MCG away games have been nominated where members receive general admission access (excludes MCC Hawk and Tasmanian General Admission). Our four replacement games are:

Round 5: Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, Monday 21 April, 3.20pm
Round 6: Richmond v Hawthorn, MCG, Sunday 27 April, 3.20pm
Round 13: Carlton v Hawthorn, MCG, Friday 13 June, 7.50pm
Round 23: Collingwood v Hawthorn, MCG, date and time TBC

Last edited:
I fully support you guys making a stand, I certainly cant afford the level of membership you guys do, and to have to cough up even more money to get a seat seems over the top to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back