Should selfish Hird relinquish the captaincy?

• Thread starter Windy Hill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

W

Windy Hill

I think James Hird should stop stroking his own ego and let Michael Long become captain.

What is James' problem? He never plays. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to the club to have a captain who can be relied upon. Then there are Hird's off-field commitments as well that take up time.

Michael Long deserves to be named captain of Essendon and James Hird should be man enough to accept the he no longer deserves such an honour.

It was weak of Essendon not to sack Hird and install Michael. However, we should have never been put in that position. James should have relinquished the position himself and let Long take over.

At another site it was suggested that j Hird should be eligible for the Norwich Rising Star

How about joint captains (if they're not already)?
While it's not fair since he isn't playing, imagine how he'd feel if they dumped him as captain. Not really a huge vote of confidence in his rehab.
I think it's important for players with long term injuries to remain involved in the club. Like Justin Murphy is a recruiting officer for Carlton this year.
I guess as captain he is still a spokesman for Essendon, as well as being involved in the coaching side of things.

i really respect what shane crawford did, in that he totally stopped his media stuff- and just devoted himself to football and the captaincy of the club.
as much as i love jimmy- i think he should try a similar move. get your head off the tv- and just work hard for the EFC.
calling james selfish is harsh though(esp if your called windy hill)- hopefully in a couple years time after he's kicked arse around the country- we'll barely remember his "injured years".
:)

Hasbeen Hird should retire and give a young kid a chance, who can at least take to the field.

I see on the AFL website that Hird has been deleted from the squad for the game against the Bulldogs. If it hadn't been in the Update section I'd have thought I was reading an old story...

I agree i think Hird shouldn't be burdened with captaincy as he had played so few games.... i think is a joke people saying he should retire and give a young person a go....... he's not THAT old but should only consider retirement for physical reasons...... As I said only reason he should give up captaincy is to concentrate on own game fitness and even if not captain can still be onfield leader

What the hell has being captain got to do with his match fitness ??????????

All you do is toss the coin.

Sure, you have to be a leader, but he will be an on-field leader anyway. Even if he is not the official captain.

He's the teams best, most talented, and respected player. A great role model, and he should be given a chance to be captain. He hasn't really had the opportunity yet.

It's not his fault if he's getting injured. It's bad luck

It is his fault that hes made of tissue paper. maybe hes got his skinny anorexic frame from his wife.
For a she-man who is forever on the tele talking about football and not playing it, it seems sorta weird hes still the captain- hes had more make up and lightning rashs then grass rashes in the last 2 years.
Go back to changing diapers, that is more then likely the only thing hes had practise in as of late

This is rubbish...I've had a good hard look at the other captains and with the exception of Voss and occasionally Campbell :eek: , Hird's the one who inspires real teamwork Hird is a leader.

Windy Hill get hep to reality...Longy retired.

Originally posted by NYMets
This is rubbish...I've had a good hard look at the other captains and with the exception of Voss and occasionally Campbell :eek: , Hird's the one who inspires real teamwork Hird is a leader.

Windy Hill get hep to reality...Longy retired.

Ahhh....check the date of the original post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess Primus doesn't inspire teamwork, and isn't a leader then?

Originally posted by Porthos
I guess Primus doesn't inspire teamwork, and isn't a leader then?

I hate bringing this up to the top again by my stupidity.

I didn't want to offend (unlike the rest of this thread) by omission.

But now that I think of it ...I'm a big rap for Wanganeen but I know he didn't want it and this year under Primus you've shot up dramatically...so this begs the question..can a new captain make all the difference?:confused:

I think its that Primus has improved with the captaincy, and that Wanganeen improved without it....a good win-win situation. Also, players like Che and Wangas were fit all year, which makes a big difference.

Primus doing well must really hurt Geelong.

I think its that Primus has improved with the captaincy, and that Wanganeen improved without it....a good win-win situation. Also, players like Che and Wangas were fit all year, which makes a big difference.

Primus doing well must really hurt Geelong.

Why would it hurt, they have Steven King. I never knew they had Primus, I thought he came from Fitzroy.

Originally posted by i_luv_westcoast
Why would it hurt, they have Steven King. I never knew they had Primus, I thought he came from Fitzroy.
He's the grandson of Reg Hickey, Geelong legend.......played u19s for them, but got cut, so he went to Norwood....then Fitzroy......then back to SA to Port.

Originally posted by Blues_Brat
If I had a boss who got dressed up to marry men as part of a business deal, I wouldn't be inspired by him or think much of him as a leader :p
Funny....I thought men marrying men was a Sturt tradition.

Funny....I thought men marrying men was a Sturt tradition.

You are both right

I am wondering though whether Port will try to flog off the wedding photos

They try to flog off everything else

Plus I reckon that bloke looked better than Primus' current partner!!:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back