The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously they don't care about the Premier League either given they haven't won in it since New Years Day.

#hulllogic

Not sure how that makes sense?

Losing to Premier League standard teams while trying their hardest to win - see Liverpool and United games - is very different from putting out a weakened team and losing to a struggling League 1 side.

Read a story yesterday about one of Magaths training sessions. It had finished but one player had disappeared. Turns out they found collapsed on the training ground. Fulham players will be shitting themselves, ha ha.

Still, apparently they are a team on the improve and Magath has high standards to maintain. Maybe they can strive for 2 points from the next 18 or even (and I'm just putting it out there) 3 points.

Read a story yesterday about one of Magaths training sessions. It had finished but one player had disappeared. Turns out they found collapsed on the training ground. Fulham players will be shitting themselves, ha ha.

Still, apparently they are a team on the improve and Magath has high standards to maintain. Maybe they can strive for 2 points from the next 18 or even (and I'm just putting it out there) 3 points.

Will be interesting to see what you have to say if they get a couple of wins on the board against the more challenging teams in the division now that those minnows Liverpool and United are out of the way.

Will be interesting to see what you have to say if they get a couple of wins on the board against the more challenging teams in the division now that those minnows Liverpool and United are out of the way.

Wow. SM cracking funnies. If that doesnt convince me nothing will.

They must be ecstatic with their 1 point against the 4th and 7th placed teams in the league.

Not sure what I was thinking. Rene in.

I would be pretty happy with 1 point against United and Liverpool in back to back fixtures. By comparison against Liverpool and Chelsea in back to back fixtures we got 0. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

No point. You've convinced me. The two draws and six losses from their last eight games (including two against third division opposition) is absolutely an indication of improved form.

Rene back in. I just hope they can carry on the upsurge in their fortunes with 3 or 4 points from their next eight games.

No point. You've convinced me. The two draws and six losses from their last eight games (including two against third division opposition) is absolutely an indication of improved form.

Rene back in. I just hope they can carry on the upsurge in their fortunes with 3 or 4 points from their next eight games.

Not what I said at all, but then I'm not surprised. Potting me instead of actually reading what I write is your mantra. I said in their last two games they have shown improved form, I'm not talking about the games before then. It's a bizarre time to sack him because it comes on the heel of two improved results and right after the January Window has closed.

Not what I said at all, but then I'm not surprised. Potting me instead of actually reading what I write is your mantra. I said in their last two games they have shown improved form, I'm not talking about the games before then. It's a bizarre time to sack him because it comes on the heel of two improved results and right after the January Window has closed.

Two improved results? This is where you and I disagree.

They got 1 point.

But he's not been sacked because of the last two results. He's been sacked because of the next 12.

Two improved results? This is where you and I disagree.

They got 1 point.

But he's not been sacked because of the last two results. He's been sacked because of the next 12.

Yes, we do. I'm not sure how you look at their last two games, and look at their 6-0 loss against us, and see no measure of improvement from then to now. Both in terms of attitude and actual performance.

The next 12? I saw the reason for the sacking and it was bizarre. "We have 12 games to go, at this stage we can't afford to lose any games". Suggests he was sacked for not getting a result against Liverpool, which is crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then that's the board's problem for appointing him in the first place. Sacking him just after they've allowed him to spend over 10m pounds is just more incompetence and again comes back to my point that it is crazy timing to sack him.

Then that's the board's problem for appointing him in the first place. Sacking him just after they've allowed him to spend over 10m pounds is just more incompetence and again comes back to my point that it is crazy timing to sack him.

If Magath gets them out of the s**t it's great timing. If he doesnt it won't make much difference as Meulensteen wouldnt have.

As for the spending, they've still got the players they bought.

If Magath gets them out of the s**t it's great timing. If he doesnt it won't make much difference as Meulensteen wouldnt have.

As for the spending, they've still got the players they bought.

They're players Rene wanted that fit his vision for the team, not magath. It's the reason why teams sack so many managers in the lead up to the window, so new managers have a chance to change the team. My original point was it was odd timing, you've blown it up into a much bigger deal than it had to be.

I know Magath is a successful manager, but I would have thought they needed a Redknapp 'arm around the back' type to get them out of the bottom 3. Not a disciplinarian.

I know Magath is a successful manager, but I would have thought they needed a Redknapp 'arm around the back' type to get them out of the bottom 3. Not a disciplinarian.

Worked wonders for QPR.

You need someone who won't take any crap and won't play players who clearly don't care about the club. You can't bring someone in who'll play high wage earners who are happy to just drift around the pitch not bothered about the result, as ended up happening at QPR last season.

Worked wonders for QPR.

You need someone who won't take any crap and won't play players who clearly don't care about the club. You can't bring someone in who'll play high wage earners who are happy to just drift around the pitch not bothered about the result, as ended up happening at QPR last season.
Clearly very different situations. QPR was unique.

They're players Rene wanted that fit his vision for the team, not magath. It's the reason why teams sack so many managers in the lead up to the window, so new managers have a chance to change the team. My original point was it was odd timing, you've blown it up into a much bigger deal than it had to be.

As far as I know they have a director of football (Curbishley). Maybe they are the players he wanted.

As for blowing it up, I'm fine with the sacking. Seems perfectly logical to me. Not sure what I'm blowing up.

As far as I know they have a director of football (Curbishley). Maybe they are the players he wanted.

As for blowing it up, I'm fine with the sacking. Seems perfectly logical to me. Not sure what I'm blowing up.

You would hope so, interesting that he's the only one of the three who's kept his job.

My comment, which you had a go at not once but twice. If I had made the sort of comment you did to start this conversation I'd have all the usual suspects having a crack at me for goading you. I have no issue with the discussion for the record, just pointing out the inconsistency.

Clearly very different situations. QPR was unique.

QPR was in a situation similar to Palace or Sunderland this season, stranded at the bottom, looking like having no hope in the world of picking up a win, let alone surviving. I think Redknapp showed to all and sundry how average a manager he is last season. Looking at their results this season only continues that belief.

My comment, which you had a go at not once but twice. If I had made the sort of comment you did to start this conversation I'd have all the usual suspects having a crack at me for goading you. I have no issue with the discussion for the record, just pointing out the inconsistency.

You said that Fulham was showing improvement. I don't think they are.

Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back