Competitions 2014 Dreamteam ~ Supercoach ~ Ultimate Footy Questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

And even if he was, he'd still only get 8 touches a game. Might kick a nice highlights goal though.

Gday guys is Georgiou or JKH likely to debut rnd 1? Fwd and Def rookies are slim so trying to get my side sorted.
Maybe to both. Garland is unlikely to play round 1 or 2 (possibly) and Riley is on the LTI list so Georgiou might get elevated and take Garland's place. He's looked good so far in the NAB games so might get given a run; definitely worth checking out I think.
JKH is probably a good bet too. Looked great last week and we don't have many good small forward/crumbers so there is a vacancy he fills nicely. He should get a start round one and a decent amount of gametime throughout the year. Enough to make some good coin anyways.

What's the word on Clisby? Reckon he's first 22 this season?

Nope. Might make the emergencies if he's lucky. Grimes, Dunn, Terlich ahead of him as the small defenders, but Roos might give him a crack. Not much evidence to go off yet.

What's the word on Clisby? Reckon he's first 22 this season?
Not quite, close though so he will play a decent amount of games I think.

First choice backline is thus:
Terlich Frawley Dunn
Grimes McDonald Garland

After that the bench should have extra mids on it (Toumpas would be one likely to spend time at half back) but Clisby might get a gig there. Others in the running include Strauss and Tapscott, who we would love to come good but who have been on the list 4-5 years and are incredibly frustrating.

Hey guys I see it's been talked about a bit in this thread a few weeks ago, but any more updates in regards to who will be your starting Ruckman? Need another ruck for fantasy elite and both Gawn and Spencer are available, any ideas on who to go with? Thanks!

Hey guys I see it's been talked about a bit in this thread a few weeks ago, but any more updates in regards to who will be your starting Ruckman? Need another ruck for fantasy elite and both Gawn and Spencer are available, any ideas on who to go with? Thanks!
Spencer will be no. 1 early, not the most convincing though so don't go for them unless completely necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will Terlich average this year in DT? Cheers
Probably around the same as last year I'd say; perhaps slightly more. Our gameplan seems more possession focused; so plenty of marks and kicks could come his way and playing in our backline he'll see a fair bit of action. Then again he'll probably get a bit more attention from oppositions as he is a good rebounder out of the backline. Probably a wait and see option; if he's scoring consistently maybe cash in a rookie for him, also his price seems very high to start with (IMO).

Cheers Dory. Your analysis was as I expected. I should have specified that I am asking in regards to a draft league so his price wasn't relevant but I am comparing him to the likes of Harbrow, Duffield and Malceski and I think he's my preference.

Hi guys,

Talk to me about Garland. What's his injury and how is he progressing? How early are we likely to see him back at senior level?

Really rate him as a player and keen on him quite late in a draft league.

Thanks.
He had a minor ankle injury. Haven't heard anything bad so I'm assuming he's on track with his recovery (was initially listed as 4-6 weeks a couple of weeks ago). I'm pretty sure he'll miss the first couple of rounds but maybe round 3 or 4 he'll be back I reckon. Is an instant 22 when fit so I dare say the coaches/physios will be doing their best to get him back ASAP.

He had a minor ankle injury. Haven't heard anything bad so I'm assuming he's on track with his recovery (was initially listed as 4-6 weeks a couple of weeks ago). I'm pretty sure he'll miss the first couple of rounds but maybe round 3 or 4 he'll be back I reckon. Is an instant 22 when fit so I dare say the coaches/physios will be doing their best to get him back ASAP.

Thanks mate. Yeah, he's a clear best 22 player so no worries regarding his job security.

The only issue is the injury and when he'll be back. If I do pick him it'll be as my last starting defender so if I do go down that path I better make sure I get some good defensive depth in my squad.

Hey guys, just wondering for a keeper draft league, hows Mitch clark coming along, has he had an alright preseason season and how long will he be out?

Cheers

He's listed as being 2-3 weeks away, but I'd be expecting 4-5 the way it's been for us lately. That and plus, we know they don't want to rush him back into the side only to see him injured again. So it's anyone's guess when he'll actually play again. :(

Hey guys, was reading another forum in here, there was a great photo of the Demons entering the feild at Casey today. The comment by a poster here said they all looked like they were expecting another flogging 'except' Jonsey. I love Nathan Jones, if you had 22 Nathan Jonses you would be premiership material. Guts and a refusal to lay down.
Just had to get that off my chest.

anyhoo.

Whad do people think of Viv Michie and Tyson lining up in round one after todays.... errrr..... game! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back