JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
We are planning on going to the round 5 game at the SCG. Flights and accommodation booked.

Any advice on the best seats at the SCG ? Near the cheer squad would be good ?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are planning on going to the round 5 game at the SCG. Flights and accommodation booked.

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate. I live in Sydney and I can tell you that you definitely do not want to sit amongst the swans supporters. Almost as bet as WC fans.
It's quite easy at the SCG as when tickets become available online in ticketmaster it actually gives you the option to pick "Away team supporter". This puts you in the cheersquad block of the one next to it. I'm not sure what end it will be this year due to the redevelopment, but that's what I'll be doing. It's a good atmosphere. Was great at the draw last year

Hi mate. I live in Sydney and I can tell you that you definitely do not want to sit amongst the swans supporters. Almost as bet as WC fans.
It's quite easy at the SCG as when tickets become available online in ticketmaster it actually gives you the option to pick "Away team supporter". This puts you in the cheersquad block of the one next to it. I'm not sure what end it will be this year due to the redevelopment, but that's what I'll be doing. It's a good atmosphere. Was great at the draw last year

Thanks Simmo

Word of warning over here.

When you are looking at the map of the SCG on the ticket sellers website you can be very easily misled.

Sometimes, seats that appear on the map to be between the 50m line and the centre are actually very deep in the pocket.... even BEHIND the goal line.

The explanatory diagram serves to mislead you into thinking you have a better seat than you have.

Word of warning over here.

When you are looking at the map of the SCG on the ticket sellers website you can be very easily misled.

Sometimes, seats that appear on the map to be between the 50m line and the centre are actually very deep in the pocket.... even BEHIND the goal line.

The explanatory diagram serves to mislead you into thinking you have a better seat than you have.

I'm assuming we are still going to be down the end of the new stand basashi. That may change things again

I'm assuming we are still going to be down the end of the new stand basashi. That may change things again

I am going to be overseas for a 4 week stretch during the season.... twice. I miss this only Freo game in Sydney.

grrr

Sent this info through to go_the_dockers so may be helpful for others, I won't be heading up there myself. :(

Have a look at this brochure: http://membership.sydneyswans.com.au/downloads-brochures/item/scg

We have sat in the Bradman stand in the past which I think is Bay 1 or 2, fair chance with the upgrade we will have that spot again, view in the cheersquad isn't the best as you aren't even close to the goal square and far away from the ground.

Have just gone onto the Freo website to buy tickets in / near the Freo cheersqaud for the Syd-Freo game and it says there are none left in the away-members section. Can't believe it, as they weren't on sale until today! Can anybody help as the three of us (vocal and passionate Perth based Freo supporters) want to be amongst fellow Dockers devotees

Hi
Sent this info through to go_the_dockers so may be helpful for others, I won't be heading up there myself. :(

Have a look at this brochure: http://membership.sydneyswans.com.au/downloads-brochures/item/scg

We have sat in the Bradman stand in the past which I think is Bay 1 or 2, fair chance with the upgrade we will have that spot again, view in the cheersquad isn't the best as you aren't even close to the goal square and far away from the ground.
Seppo - we've just had a look at the brochure, and could we buy tickets in General Admission, and assume it's at the away members end of the ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the seating area for GA, might be up in the 2nd tier behind the goals.
According to this map the general admission area is in front of Victor Trumper stand. Have had a look at Swans Membership info and this is the cheapest area in their membership pricing, so assuming it's for away members. Any Sydney based Freo fans who can help?

Attachments

• SCG Patron Access Maps STANDS_D6_FLAT_2014.pdf
    241.5 KB · Views: 14
This game will be my brand new little girl's first freo game. An important milestone, growing up in Sydney, I fear for her loyalties. There's the threat of being a swans girl, but even worse... She might turn to NRL, so freo better impress!

By the way, my god the freo baby clothes are sh*t... Really couldn't stomach buying any of them. There's an untapped market there, surely!!!

Thanks in advance.

I went a couple of years ago...Think I sat in B6 or B7. Right in the middle of the Swannies supporters and I never shut up the entire game. Great view. We won that one. It rained on and off and we got drenched didn't care. We then walked back into the city. My mates son slipped at the top of a steep hill and fell on his erse. His old man laughed like a hyena and took ten steps and did the same. Two young swannies girls (looking very glam) stopped and helped him up by his right arm, whilst his wife helped him up by his left. His dignity in pieces but his son laughing. We got to the restaurant and I told him I thought Karma was brilliant, to which he said to his wife "Yeah and why didn't you help me up???" He had been so busy oogling the swannies girls he hadn't realised his wife had helped him. If looks could kill! That finished off a perfect day!

we just bought 3 general admission tickets, which is at the bottom of the victor trumper stand. Hopefully, we're near the cheer squad and can join the faithful - can't wait!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back