Nostradamus Lives Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For *s sake he never even said he wasn't happy with the direction the club was heading. Danger will stay, we have a good young list.

Both are restricted free agents next year. Tex is apparently very happy at the club and will re-sign at some point after he returns to the field while Dangerfield doesn't like the direction the club is headed and will test the free agency waters at the end of next year.
Gee, isn't it coincidental that your secret inside source told you this, just after that silly story on the AFL website?

It's been a long time since I've posted on BF, but I can say that the word from a VERY good source down on the Surf Coast is that the Danger will be looking at moving to Geelong as a free agent at the end of season 2015 when his contract with the Crows is up. He likes Adelaide but is keen to move back home.

It's been a long time since I've posted on BF, but I can say that the word from a VERY good source down on the Surf Coast is that the Danger will be looking at moving to Geelong as a free agent at the end of season 2015 when his contract with the Crows is up. He likes Adelaide but is keen to move back home.
Yer but he thinks the list will be successful

Yer but he thinks the list will be successful
He might say that publicly but unfortunately for the Crows it looks like they could be in for some pain having lost Tippett for nothing and also having the draft sanctions, especially considering the massive leg-up some clubs have been given.

Dangerfield leaving has briefly crossed my mind. Now, I don't know his contract situation, FA eligibility etc, but if he was to leave, one would have thought it would be a return to Victoria? Who would be in the box seat to land him? Hawthorn perhaps?

If cash really is no issue for him, Cats would have to be in the box seat if he leaves the Crows

Family is close to Geelong and his partner is apparently the mayor of Geelong's daughter.

Remember he is restricted so what ever is offered Adelaide will match, he could take a large slice of somebody's cap.

Question is would you pay over 1 mill a season for Danger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember he is restricted so what ever is offered Adelaide will match, he could take a large slice of somebody's cap.

I would!

Is he restricted? I thought given he would be in their top 25% of earners that means he is an unrestricted? Or have I got this mixed up?

Is he restricted? I thought given he would be in their top 25% of earners that means he is an unrestricted? Or have I got this mixed up?
I'm not 100% but will be come restricted at end of 2015 if new PA laws go thru.

He might say that publicly but unfortunately for the Crows it looks like they could be in for some pain having lost Tippett for nothing and also having the draft sanctions, especially considering the massive leg-up some clubs have been given.
We've got some good up and comers in our club aged 21 and under. It's more likely we will keep him than lose him and what if he have a great 2 years?

I wouldn't get too worked up about threads like this - Adelaide supporters are about to go through what Hawthorn went through with Buddy, Collingwood with Cloke, Geelong with Ablett Jr -

There will always be speculation with the best players once their FA rolls around. It's going to be a long two years however if the rumour mill has already started -

He'd be mad to re-sign a new contract 14 months into 3 year contract - But this thread would exist regardless of whether Dangerfield's was staying put or leaving

I'm not 100% but will be come restricted at end of 2015 if new PA laws go thru.
Okay, a few things need to be made clear here. Firstly, no rules need to be changed for Dangerfield to be eligible for free agency at the end of next season. The current rules state you must serve eight seasons at one club and Dangerfield will have fulfilled that criteria at the end of next season (count them - 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015). Secondly, unless Adelaide heavily front loaded his three year deal similar to James Frawley, Dangerfield will definitely be in the top 25% of earners at the Crows and therefore will be classed as a restricted free agent.

Thirdly, there are a few reasons that no club has matched a free agency offer to date. One of them is the compensation pick that clubs will receive when losing a free agent and the other (perhaps even more important) reason is that clubs accept that once a player has submitted a FA offer, it essentially means they have rejected the original club's offer and no longer wish to be with that team. You can't force a player to sign a contract even if the FA offer is matched. The player then has the option to request a trade or enter any of the drafts. In the future I expect clubs to match FA offers - not to keep the player but to force a fair trade and ensure all three parties are happy with the outcome. It's called a sign-and-trade in the NBA.

But but but Adelaide is so much cheaper to live than Melbourne, so following COLA logic, wouldn't players be climbing each other to head TO Adelaide?
there are some things that people won't do for money - moving to Adelaide could be one of those things

Secondly, unless Adelaide heavily front loaded his three year deal similar to James Frawley, Dangerfield will definitely be in the top 25% of earners at the Crows and therefore will be classed as a restricted free agent.

This is where it would be good if the crows have used some money we were going to spend on tippett and heavily front load contracts. I imagine they did a similar thing getting betts (~500k a year for three years of whatever, maybe getting 700, 500, 300 each year).

It would be disappointing to lose him, especially if the club gets nothing in return

This is where it would be good if the crows have used some money we were going to spend on tippett and heavily front load contracts. I imagine they did a similar thing getting betts (~500k a year for three years of whatever, maybe getting 700, 500, 300 each year).

It would be disappointing to lose him, especially if the club gets nothing in return
I would be surprised if Dangerfield wasn't in the top 10 highest paid players at Adelaide next year. Restricted status helps but it by no means keeps him at the Crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back