2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 2 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

******* lolle

I personally love that the prophecy has come to pass and that we've ruined the SANFL.

Really glad to see Butch getting amongst it. He needs to be considered this week, especially if Glass comes back in

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Butch was a bit unlucky in the first quarter although to be true he did not present all that much. He made 2 good leads and one was licked over his head and one was half-volleyed by a fraction. he kicked 2 nice goals in the third quarter including a monster from outside 50 and he rounded it off with some good leads and a Stevie J special in the final quarter. He kicked 5 goals as did Hitchcock and Harvey kicked 3.

Wow! Couldn't go as had a social engagement down Seaford way but heard the results on the radio on the way home. Results are almost too good in terms of judging options for the Power. Moore must be a chance against West Coast, Butch and Hitchcock may need to perform like that for another week.

Choke on that, Nicky S.

The Titanic could have sailed freely through his neck without so much as a scratch so I'm thinking he ain't choking on anything real soon.

Graham Cornes will be spinning in his grave.

Oh wait...
Cornesy is on 5AA just after 5pm on Fridays (probably Thursday this week, given the fact it's Good Friday). I might send an e-mail, which says something like, "Hey Graham - looks as if the Tigers might miss the top 8 this year." :)

Glenelg v Crows reserves would be a competitive game right now.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An excellent result and hopefully the start of big things. Norwood are always hard at Norwood and even in our glory years we lost a few out there. What a dream debut for the reconstituted Port Magpies at Alberton.

Butcher booted 5 goals out of 29 which is a good effort. Realistically though in that score I would have been disappointed had he kicked less. Maybe Butcher also had several score assists to go with his five. Perhaps someone who was at the game might like to elaborate? I did not see the game so I am assuming Butcher booted 5 as a key forward because if he booted these from CHB I would agree that it was awesome.

Well done Maggies maybe this is the start of big things. Like Port 81 I suspect that we are going to have to get that Premiership in early because too many big wins like this will have the bastards wanting to change the rules.
I think everyone just has unrealistic expectations on the lad, he presented well all day with some rather poor delivery, then in the second half they kicked the footy to the grass infront of him and voila, Butch kicks 5.1 and 2.1 on the left, 1 from well outside 50 that carried 65m and 4 straight from set shots!

He isn't a Power Forward in the Brown, Carey, Tredrea ilk, nor is he a Full Forward like Hodges, Lynch, Bradshaw, nor is he as naturally gifted as Westhoff. We need to judge him on his effert and willingness to compete, not marks, not goals, not goal assists. I can't see him ever being the #1 Forward option, however he will be a great foil for Harvey/Shaw/Who ever.

He tackled well today and turned blokes inside out at ease.

I just checked the ladder on Sanfl website, how is the percentage calculated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got home, the Maggie's pressure on the gay bays was incredible, that pressure forced turnover after turnover, and we had a player on hand to take advantage almost every time.

Renouf played the best game I have ever seen from him, he must have had over 50 hit outs, plus he ran to make position for handball receives and short kicks, and apart from one absolute Barry Crocker that cost a goal, he used the ball well.
You have to take into account though that his main opponent was a 32 yo playing his first SANFL game, ( unbelievable recruiting by the gays), plus you can add ex chook Clint Alleway to their list of hacks.

Butch did ok with 4 goals ( I think ), including one from a towering mark from just outside 60, but on the downside he continually mistimed his leads, and must have run under the ball at least a dozen times, but the good news is he never stopped having a crack.

Mitch Harvey is a keeper, he did some sensational stuff for an 18 yo of his size.

My best

Mitchell - he was in absolutely everything
Newton ( as requested lol )
Logan
Renouf
Clurey
Harvey
Stewart
Haren
Hitchcock

But no Port player had a stinker, and another person at the game could easily find another 5 or 6 names.

Last edited:
I just checked the ladder on Sanfl website, how is the percentage calculated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your score as a percentage of the total score of games you've played in. Eg in round 1 if you win 100 to 50, your percentage is 66.6% (100/150).

I just got home, the Maggie's pressure on the gay bays was incredible, that pressure forced turnover after turnover, and we had a player on hand to take advantage almost every time.

Renouf played the best game I have ever seen from him, he must have had over 50 hit outs, plus he ran to make position for handball receives and short kicks, and apart from one absolute Barry Crocker that cost a goal, he used the ball well.
You have to take into account though that his main opponent was a 32 yo playing his first SANFL game, ( unbelievable recruiting by the gays), plus you can add ex chook Clint Alleway to their list of hacks.

Butch did ok with 4 goals ( I think ), including one from a towering mark from just outside 60, but on the downside he continually mistimed his leads, and must have run under the ball at least a dozen times, but the good news is he never stopped having a crack.

Mitch Harvey is a keeper, he did some sensational stuff for an 18 yo of his size.

My best

Mitchell - he was in absolutely everything
Logan
Renouf
Clurey
Harvey
Stewart
Haren
Hitchcock

But no Port player had a stinker, and another person at the game could easily find another 5 or 6 names.

No love for Newton Fitty ?? Wow... :(

Newts reminds me of Mitch Grigg from the Crows. That's a compliment. Big bodied inside mid with a deadly left leg.

Grigg took his time breaking into the side but he's been very good since he did. I predict that (barring injury) Newton will be in the same boat by the end of this year, if not sooner.

Good comparison... However I feel Grigg is better on the outside whilst Newts does his best work in the packs.

Newts reminds me of Mitch Grigg from the Crows. That's a compliment. Big bodied inside mid with a deadly left leg.

Grigg took his time breaking into the side but he's been very good since he did. I predict that (barring injury) Newton will be in the same boat by the end of this year, if not sooner.

If that turns out to be an accurate comparison I think we can be pretty happy with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back