Mega Thread Training Reports Season Proper

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently Fyfey had to keep his match fitness up during his 2 week break so they worked him hard Ross said in his pressie. He should be fine. David Mundy would only need to do enough to show that he is fine to play and they would have cotton wooled him.

I poked my head in long enough to see Fyfe will definitely play but had his knee strapped; Hill looked magnificent; Suban was playing in the back pocket and stuffed up nearly every single kick he did; and Mayne was moving freely in the main session yet afterwards was being put through a strenuous fitness test with Ross and 3 other staff looking on and rubbing their chins sagely, like they were at a yearling sale deciding whether to buy a young colt.

Plenty of watchers down there this morning. I sat with Salim & Sherriff in the Salim Malik stand. Mundy started off with the main group for a while then dropped out & ran laps with Sylvia who had similarly dropped out. All the WAFL players also dropped out after a while & left the track. Kepler participated in most of the drills probably because he won't be playing tomorrow.

Tanner Smith was walking laps and Gumby & a couple of others were running laps. Duffy was doing some running and very limited ball work with a trainer but is obviously hampered by his shoulder.

Rucks and mid field did a bit of boundary throw in practice while the rest seemd to be practicing "close to goal" work in pairs. Some match simulations and noticed Gu getting a rev up from RTB for taking the wrong option. Session ended with some shots on goal while the rucks and mid fileders had a fairly lengthy discussion apparentyly about centre bounces.

Mayne did a fairly exhausting fitness test before joining in the main group then finished off the morning with another test. Test seemed to be mainly hopping on his left foot in a weave pattern in front of RTB and others. He seemed to complete that test and the earlier one okay.

Session virtually all over by 10.30. From what I saws it looks as if Mundy is out and Mayne is in and posible Taberner out. Josh Simpson would also appear to be keeping his spot ( was doing some one on one work wit Ballantyne at the end of the session).

Good news on Josh. Not sure what to make of the Mundy reports although my gut feel is that he's just being managed and will play.
Doubt he would run laps if there was any concern over an injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news on Josh. Not sure what to make of the Mundy reports although my gut feel is that he's just being managed and will play.
Doubt he would run laps if there was any concern over an injury.

Mundy did a fitness test before joining the main squad in clearance and shots on goal drills and looked great but then left the group ran a few laps with Wood and then left the track.Hard to work out if he will play or not but Ross's mantra is no train no play.
Fyfe looked fine and unless I missed something finished the session
I did notice Duffield working with the rucks and mids so there could be a change there
Also Suban along with most of the squad missed a kick or two but hardly as Caterina reported he missed every kick:rolleyes:
There was 23 in the squad not counting Kep and Sylvia who obviously wont play
Sheridan wasnt part of the squad so hopefully Mundy is the 24th squad member

Thanks salim - so the 'test' was a bit wishful thinking then?

One of the tweets earlier today had RTB saying something along the lines of "We have a selection dilemma this week. It's a good position to be in."

I've had it a couple of times,not pleasant at all;Dan Gilmore had it badly from memory,the brain trauma lingered for months at a time when his footy was looking its best.

He was certainly whipped and indeed played out some noteworthy on field brain farts but was a bit more than a left footed Fewster in my mind.Would have loved to have seen him have a full season of his best,but alas...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back