2014 Non Eagles Discussions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think they will, they still lack a tall forward target who can kick a decent amount of goals on a regular basis. I believe that although they played well against Geelong last year, a full strength Sydney would of beaten them and stopped them from making the GF last year. As it was it wasnt to be the case and they made it, but they didnt convince me they are the real deal. Hawks absolutely dismantled them a few weeks ago and showed what truly skilled sides can do to a side thats too defensive.

Irregardless they are in a much better position than us.

I hate it when people use this word.

The-Dude-Deal-With-It.gif

I dont think they will, they still lack a tall forward target who can kick a decent amount of goals on a regular basis. I believe that although they played well against Geelong last year, a full strength Sydney would of beaten them and stopped them from making the GF last year. As it was it wasnt to be the case and they made it, but they didnt convince me they are the real deal. Hawks absolutely dismantled them a few weeks ago and showed what truly skilled sides can do to a side thats too defensive.

Their best goal kicker in Walters is probably gone for the year as well.

True, but they were never a high scoring team. The onus is now mainly on Pav and their midfield to score most of their goals, unless Sylvia rapidly improves.

Freo could have won easily last year without a proper KPF if they kicked straight. The only side that has shown the ability to 'dismantle' them is Hawthorn, so if they avoid them in the finals series they could easily go all the way.

They seem to have the wood over Geelong and Sydney hardly look like a dominant side this year.

If it's Geelong v Hawthorn in one prelim and freo in the other, then they are a pretty good chance

Their players aren't even that much better than other sides' objectively but damn does the coach have them playing out of their skins.

Pav is also probably up there with the best leaders in the comp.

God damnit we need some leadership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irregardless they are in a much better position than us.

They're not really. 20 years in the comp, havent won a thing and are below us on the ladder. I'd say that puts us in a much better position right now. :D

If they actually win a premiership, they'll still be well behind us and their stars are getting old and wont last much longer. If it doesnt happen soon for them, they will have to rebuild and thier window of opportunity will close. I'd kind of like Pavlich to win one for his loyalty and his talent, but i cop so much abuse from thier clueless nuffy suporters (who dont even know things about thier own team like Johnson being done for possession), just for being an Eagles supporter, so i'd prefer they dont win a flag. ;)

The more I see of Freo the more it reminds me of the Saints when they were up their. Its like Ross puts everything he has into a 2-3 year window and after that it all falls down

The more I see of Freo the more it reminds me of the Saints when they were up their. Its like Ross puts everything he has into a 2-3 year window and after that it all falls down

It's the way the AFL system dictates clubs to develop. If you're not a genuine contender, you may as well be down the bottom getting top draft picks. It's not good getting stuck midtable.

It's the way the AFL system dictates clubs to develop. If you're not a genuine contender, you may as well be down the bottom getting top draft picks. It's not good getting stuck midtable.

Good point, It should be like the NBA lottery

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for briefly going off topic but I couldn't find anywhere else to put this. Today I was able to buy tickets for the ANZAC Day game at the MCG but I bought one too many so if anybody is travelling over for that weekend and would like to go to the game PM me. I don't want to make any money out of it and I will sell it at face value price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back