How much longer can Priddis be debated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, which proves my point that the AFL players list shouldn't really be taken all that seriously. Certainly not as an authoritative source for player rankings.
Exactly mate!

I wish the Eagles and AFL would read the Eagles board more and especially this thread - some great insights here. Really appreciate you sharing it with us guys, thanks!

His peers voted him 47 because of his ability to get the ball. Even Simpson said anyone who gets the ball as much as Priddis gets it demands attention.
He never gets tagged because his possessions don't penetrate effectively. They just stand off him knowing he will turn it over.

Good points Smotie. I haven't seen all games this year so can't be sure re the tagging this year.

He did seem to be getting tagged a bit last year though didn't he - e.g. O'Keefe, Wallis etc?(god knows why - I agree with all you guys he's a total dud!). Sorry if this bit isn't on point.

Yep, which proves my point that the AFL players list shouldn't really be taken all that seriously. Certainly not as an authoritative source for player rankings.

It just goes to show that these so called professional football reporters do not watch the game and simply scan the stats (usually just possessions) for "the best on ground" without actually being critical on the other facets of the players performance.

It just goes to show that these so called professional football reporters do not watch the game and simply scan the stats (usually just possessions) for "the best on ground" without actually being critical on the other facets of the players performance.
Was referring to the Top 50 AFL players list voted by the players themselves. But yeah I agree about the general reporting of AFL games by "professionals" are pretty damn poor.

This has already been said, but 15 of the 18 teams have midfielders higher on the list than Priddis at 47(Many teams have more than one). Only the lowly teams- GWS(Ward), Melbourne(Jones) & Brisbane(Rockliff) do not have midfielders ranked on that list.

If you look at it that way, Priddis being ranked at 47 and around the twenty-something best midfielder on that list is not high, in fact it is pretty dam low.

Also due to the nature of how these rating lists gets voted on (players probably only told to rank who they think are the top 50 players), there are going to be some pretty damn good players that will be forgotten about and hence get ranked(wrongfully) lower than Priddis.

I mean, how many AFL players would actually sit down and and give serious thought on where they would rank 50 players(or perhaps more), particularly beyond the first 20? I would just like to think they would just chuck in Priddis' name around the 40-50 mark because he is often regarded as our top midfielder and thus gets remembered more than Shuey for instance.

That explains it then.
He got ranked 47th because some players forgot some other players.
Silly, silly them

That explains it then.
Silly, silly them
Yep, he is totally better than Dayne Beams and Callan Ward :drunk:

edit: And that wasn't my main point. My main point was why I thought that being ranked 47th really wasn't that high. The fact that guys like Beams & Ward are ranked lower than Priddis just confirms my point that players better than Priddis (And better than a lot of other players on that list) were bound to miss or be ranked lower than they should because of the nature of the voting system.

Last edited:
:)

Dead right mate. You guys seem more knowledgeable than anyone in the media, and I'm including ex-players and ex-coaches. I also rate your opinions higher than current coaches and players - those coaches votes etc are just popularity contests right!!

Keep the great insights coming mate, it makes thins so much clearer

Dead right mate. You guys seem more knowledgeable than anyone in the media, and I'm including ex-players and ex-coaches. I also rate your opinions higher than current coaches and players - those coaches votes etc are just popularity contests right!!

Come out from behind your alt account.
Don't troll a troll it's what I am good at.

What are you talking about Champ?? I'm with all you guys.

Hey, if I 'like' one of your posts, could you 'like' one of mine? It's great how you and Smotie and all the guys support each other with 'likes' and stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That explains it then.
Silly, silly them

Tracker you still havent answered my question.....either you are avoiding it or have no I dea what you are talking about.

At what number would you pick Priddis out of all the midfielders in the comp?

Hey, if I 'like' one of your posts, could you 'like' one of mine? It's great how you and Smotie and all the guys support each other with 'likes' and stuff.

iAwfubL.gif

Yep, I thought something was fishy as well. Clearly trolling.

Trolling badly too. Laying it on too thick me thinks.
Only one thing happens to trolls...they get deleted.

Anyone who thinks Priddis should be dropped, ask a former player and see what they think.

Better yet, call Sports Today tomorrow night and I guarantee you that they'll confirm Priddis is an inside mid, and does his job quite well.

Looking for players to drop? Look at Gaff and Masten. In their fourth and seventh year respectively and DO NOT hurt sides with their constant 30 touches.

The difference between the top four and us?

Top four sides have premium on-ballers who use the ball smartly and hurt sides with their possessions.

We simply don't have an A grader.

And Wellingham hasn't been the winger we would've hoped for.

Glassy is quite pissed off with his effort, he was one of a few players who took a pay cut to get him at the club.

Tracker 101 sure has come a long way within a few days. He couldn't even quote properly 2 days ago let alone make troll accounts :p

Come on guys?? What's wrong?
Was going to suggest you all come over to my place on Wednesday night and burn an effigy of Ploddus and watch a vid of his worst clangers. How about it?

p.s. Please give me some more 'likes'

That explains it then.
Silly, silly them

The troll returns ...

Still waiting for you to address that "horseshit" post...

Unless you are actually just a troll?

Which would be kinda sad for a 60+ year old ...

Yep, he is totally better than Dayne Beams and Callan Ward :drunk:

edit: And that wasn't my main point. My main point was why I thought that being ranked 47th really wasn't that high. The fact that guys like Beams & Ward are ranked lower than Priddis just confirms my point that players better than Priddis (And better than a lot of other players on that list) were bound to miss or be ranked lower than they should because of the nature of the voting system.

It is not my list but it is how his peers rate him.
He is actually rated 26th best midfielder.
Of this top 26 hE would be rated in my humble opinion as top 10 "in and under ,fight like a dog extractor".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back