FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 (MANY book spoilers) *you have been warned*

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I got that mixed around.

Hopefully they leave us in episode 10 with Ayra wandering around without the hound and going up to the boat with the coin and giving the bloke a bit of Valhar Morghulis and just leave it at that without spelling out whats going on.

Then Cut to SH doing her thing and fade to black and watch the internet go crazy.

It fascinates me people who speculate endlessly about TV shows like GoT and TWD when the answers to all their questions are so easily accessible

Charles Dance is doing such a fine job. He is really going to make me miss Tywin, which says it all, because Tywin is such a ******* scumbag.

I hope they keep the Stannis storyline interesting (or begin it being interesting) without giving away the fact that they're eventually heading to the wall.
I've only just finished season 3 (obviously read the books), but they said that at the end of S3.

I want to say ep 9, as that episode has been the most deadly, but due to Oberyn dieting in that episode, ep 8 will probably see it happen.
Gonna be torture to watch as the Rep Viper strives to shed those last few kilos.

NO MORE BIRD PIES FOR YOU!

Oberyn could strap another oberyn to his back and still not be in the same weight class as the mountain.

With everything that happens later especially with the mountain I don't think they have really mentioned Qyburn enough

OK, I'm normally one to defend the book changes, but that rape scene was a definite WTF moment.

That aside, there was some awesome stuff going on - the Tywin/Tommen scene was particularly good. Charles Dance just nails the absolute s**t out of the part.

Charles Dance is doing such a fine job. He is really going to make me miss Tywin, which says it all, because Tywin is such a ******* scumbag.

I know AFFC gets a pretty bad wrap, but watching just how badly Cersei ****s everything up without Tywin there to help her is one of the particularly satisfying story arcs. Going to make for really interesting viewing next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the Jon may be R + L = J stuff. I know Ned was very honourable but why keep it from his wife so long, especially as it seemed she resented Jon for so long? How would it (i.e Ned not telling Catelyn)protect her? Catelyn didn't seem the type to let the cat out of the bag.

Bran controlling the dragons is a shoe-in.
Really going to miss the Hound and Tywin.

Oh and found Stannis rather unappealing in the book. As for hnourable, the guy wanted his brother and nephew dead. Will kill anyone for the throne.

Oh and found Stannis rather unappealing in the book. As for hnourable, the guy wanted his brother and nephew dead. Will kill anyone for the throne.
Unsavoury sure, but well within Stannis' reason. He is the rightful heir, his brother and everyone else should have bent the knee and accepted that. They did not and thus they were his enemies.

Just on the Jon may be R + L = J stuff. I know Ned was very honourable but why keep it from his wife so long, especially as it seemed she resented Jon for so long? How would it (i.e Ned not telling Catelyn)protect her? Catelyn didn't seem the type to let the cat out of the bag.

I've read a few theories as to why Ned didn't tell Cat:

1) Fear of the Spider finding out because he has eyes and ears everywhere, even as far as Winterfell. With only Ned and Howland knowing (that we know of), the secret was guaranteed to remain with them
2) That if he told Cat and Robert ever had issues with the Starks, she might spill the beans to him in order to protect her family by sacrificing Jon instead
3) Cat behaving civil towards Jon might raise suspicion. Generally woman don't treat their husbands bastards with much respect or civility.
4) Ned had only just married her, got her pregnant and left for a war straight afterwards. He didn't really know her when he returned and how she would react to his secret
5) Ned promised Lyanna and he kept it

All these are of course just theories that I've picked up over time from the Westeros.org forums.

We'll just have to keep waiting for the next book (whenever that might be haha :p:drunk:) and hopefully we'll get some answers

Unsavoury sure, but well within Stannis' reason. He is the rightful heir, his brother and everyone else should have bent the knee and accepted that. They did not and thus they were his enemies.

Doesn't explain his behaviour towards Gendry. Needed a true honourable man such as Davos to save him.

I've read a few theories as to why Ned didn't tell Cat:

1) Fear of the Spider finding out because he has eyes and ears everywhere, even as far as Winterfell. With only Ned and Howland knowing (that we know of), the secret was guaranteed to remain with them
2) That if he told Cat and Robert ever had issues with the Starks, she might spill the beans to him in order to protect her family by sacrificing Jon instead
3) Cat behaving civil towards Jon might raise suspicion. Generally woman don't treat their husbands bastards with much respect or civility.
4) Ned had only just married her, got her pregnant and left for a war straight afterwards. He didn't really know her when he returned and how she would react to his secret
5) Ned promised Lyanna and he kept it

All these are of course just theories that I've picked up over time from the Westeros.org forums.

We'll just have to keep waiting for the next book (whenever that might be haha :p:drunk:) and hopefully we'll get some answers

Yeah well they seem like good reasos, especially point 3.

Yep, Stannis values what is "right" over everything, even family.

Doesn't explain his behaviour towards Gendry. Needed a true honourable man such as Davos to save him.
You mean Edric Storm? Gendry has had nothing to do with Stannis so far in the books. As far as I recall Stannis didn't actually give in to Melisandre's wishes to burn Edric. Davos just feared he would, so took the precaution of getting Edric out.

Bran controlling the dragons is a shoe-in.
Really going to miss the Hound and Tywin.

Google the Hound is alive theory as the gravedigger at the monastery, theory has some genuine merit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back