FTA-TV GAME OF THRONES season 4 (MANY book spoilers) *you have been warned*

Remove this Banner Ad

Good episode by the way. Tywin and Tommen was excellent as was Tyrion and Pod. EVEN DANY WAS GOOD IN THIS ONE!

I hope they keep the Stannis storyline interesting (or begin it being interesting) without giving away the fact that they're eventually heading to the wall.

The director has said that that's what he was going for, but I don't really think it comes across as well as he intended.
Haha yeh definitely not. It's frustrating how things have become more and more black and white as the show goes on. Renly being undoubtedly gay, Oberyn's rampant sexuality, Stannis being a pussy-whipped douchebag, the Thenns being evil cannibals; very frustrating. I'm still enjoying the show overall but as a book fan it's becoming quite difficult to handle un-explainable changes and useless added material, especially when we've all seen how well they've nailed a lot of the stuff from the books.

Meereen looks freaking awesome.

Pod is such a bro, he will be missed although I'm looking forward to his adventures with Brienne in a season or two.

Is it just me or is Emilia Clarke actually a better actress when speaking Valyrian? I know it's not saying much though.

Last edited:
And that ladies and gentlemen is how you ruin a season and a half of character development. I can't believe the Jamie 'rape' scene was edited like that. Not only does it ruin Jamie's transformation as a sympathetic character, but in the context of the show, makes no sense. Moronic.

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you ruin a season and a half of character development. I can't believe the Jamie 'rape' scene was edited like that. Not only does it ruin Jamie's transformation as a sympathetic character, but in the context of the show, makes no sense. Moronic.
Maybe because he never got anywhere with Brienne, they have had to do this.

Do you need more context than "Cersei has been blue balling him since he got back to KL"?

Do you need more context than "Cersei has been blue balling him since he got back to KL"?
A character who went to save Brienne from a bear pit cos he was afraid of her being raped, rapes his own sister. Yeah ok... makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was afraid of her being raped by the bear?
Hahaha, I can't be bothered outlining every plot point to you. When he went back to Harrnehal to rescue her, it was because he feared he would be subjugated and raped by the sketchy guards. He didn't know they would "only" toss her in a bear pit to inevitably die :p

Is it just me or is Emilia Clarke actually a better actress when speaking Valyrian? I know it's not saying much though.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The way the language sounds just makes it easier to deliver.

A character who went to save Brienne from a bear pit cos he was afraid of her being raped/quote]

Re-read and edit accordingly mate.

Hahaha, I can't be bothered outlining every plot point to you. When he went back to Harrnehal to rescue her, it was because he feared he would be subjugated and raped by the sketchy guards. He didn't know they would "only" toss her in a bear pit to inevitably die :p

I was originally being half serious, and not at all serious with my second post. However you said "he went back to rescue her from the bear pit because he thought she'd be raped", you set yourself up for that haha.

I agree that it's a setback for his character but it will soon be forgotten when he completely severs ties with the bitch. Looking forward to the "letter into the fire" scene.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The way the language sounds just makes it easier to deliver.

Re-read and edit accordingly mate.
I meant he went back to Harranhall because he thought she would be raped, clearly by the time he saw her in a bear pit he knew that wasn't the case, but the point stands. This is a character in the middle of a redemption arc (as us book readers know in the context of what's to come) and this scene was entirely out of context and poorly conveyed. Book Jamie was against rape, and to rape his own sister is out of character for him, show and book.

I was originally being half serious, and not at all serious with my second post. However you said "he went back to rescue her from the bear pit because he thought she'd be raped", you set yourself up for that haha.

I agree that it's a setback for his character but it will soon be forgotten when he completely severs ties with the bitch. Looking forward to the "letter into the fire" scene.
Haha I know you were joking hence why I like your post :p
And as for your second point, I do agree somewhat but at the same time, it feels like a cheap and lazy way to make Cersei appear sympathetic, which usually I wouldn't have a problem with, but to make her sympathetic at the expense of Jamie's character development is extremely annoying, especially considering one of his biggest moments is the scene you mentioned (letter in the fire scene) which might come across as more douchey and less powerful if he goes around raping her.

My memory is shitty but did the Hound steal silver from poor farmers in the book? It's almost like he and Jaime were becoming "too good" in the show so they've been dragged back into that gray area which most characters seem to reside in.
I definitely don't remember that particular scene, but I felt it was important in establishing that the Hound isn't an out and out 'good guy' like the show has been portraying him as. It was a better, more in character way of showing the shades of grey in the Hound's character than the way they handled the Jamie scene.

My memory is shitty but did the Hound steal silver from poor farmers in the book? It's almost like he and Jaime were becoming "too good" in the show so they've been dragged back into that gray area which most characters seem to reside in.

Was that scene even in the book? It's been a while since I have read them so my memory is hazy but I have no recollection of that scene.

Haha yeh definitely not. It's frustrating how things have become more and more black and white as the show goes on. Renly being undoubtedly gay, Oberyn's rampant sexuality, Stannis being a pussy-whipped douchebag, the Thenns being evil cannibals; very frustrating. I'm still enjoying the show overall but as a book fan it's becoming quite difficult to handle un-explainable changes and useless added material, especially when we've all seen how well they've nailed a lot of the stuff from the books.

the show is still good but they are sure doing their best to screw things up

why do less talented people think they can do a better job than the source material?

combining some unimportant characters is fine but the other stuff is just so unnecessary

the show is still good but they are sure doing their best to screw things up

why do less talented people think they can do a better job than the source material?

combining some unimportant characters is fine but the other stuff is just so unnecessary

Just wait till they get ahead of Martin on the books....

I want to say ep 9, as that episode has been the most deadly, but due to Oberyn dieting in that episode, ep 8 will probably see it happen.

Episode 8 is called the mountain and the viper so I would hazard a guess most of the episode will be the duel between them with oberyn dieing at the end.

Episode 9 will be the escape and Tyrion taking care of business

Remove this Banner Ad

Back