The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Remove this Banner Ad

Fisher's wife would be a better option at point than Faton.

I'm uncertain about this appointment. How do you think he will go walking in and coaching blokes he has played against.

Blokes with egos of the likes of Melo.

Yes he's a winner but will he 'have' the players?

I'm uncertain about this appointment. How do you think he will go walking in and coaching blokes he has played against.

Blokes with egos of the likes of Melo.

Yes he's a winner but will he 'have' the players?
By all reports, the players he played with respected the hell out of him (Kobe included). Which says a bit because we all know what Kobe is like.

He was elected the players union president, so i don't think the whole respect thing will be an issue. I think the main issue will be how well he's able to teach the offense that Phil wants to use and if he's too "nice".

You can tell by those videos though that he's a good communicator and motivator. Hopefully the numb sculls on our roster, which there are a lot of, give him a chance from the get go and don't pout at the fact it's not Phil court side.

We also have to accept that next season is a write-off and not bring out the pitch forks at mid season like NY likes to do.
We will anyway.....

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That'll be us if we lose the first game of the season.

It'll be heck Fisher, heck Phil, heck Melo, heck Stat, heck MSG, heck the NBA, let's watch the football instead.

does melo have what it takes to understand and abide by the triangle rules?
No.

New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony is leaning toward leaving in pursuit of immediate championship contention, and awaits the Chicago Bulls and Houston Rockets to clear the necessary salary-cap space to sign him in free agency, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

As re-signing with the Knicks continues to fade as his priority, Chicago and Houston have emerged as the clear frontrunners to acquire Anthony, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Anthony's meeting with Knicks officials on Friday night had little impact on his state of mind, league sources said, because there remain too many uncertainties about how quickly president Phil Jackson can reshape the team into a championship contender.

Chicago and Houston front-office executives are working diligently on contingencies to clear the space to sign Anthony outright – or engage sign-and-trade scenarios with New York, sources said.

"His heart is in New York," one source familiar with Anthony's thinking told Yahoo Sports, "but he wants a chance to win now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...--bulls--rockets-in-contention-161206919.html

Catchya campaigner.

Do we really need another 3pt shooter? Unless he grows 2 feet this offseason, what's the attraction? I know he's good and hustles and all that, but at the end of the day, he's just another 3pt shooter.

Do we really need another 3pt shooter? Unless he grows 2 feet this offseason, what's the attraction? I know he's good and hustles and all that, but at the end of the day, he's just another 3pt shooter.
He has energy, he will be cheap and can shoot. These are things we need. Who would u rather have starting? him or Felton?

He has energy, he will be cheap and can shoot. These are things we need. Who would u rather have starting? him or Felton?
I'd rather have Kwame Brown starting than Felton, but I'm just saying, we need to look for big men, and with Melo likely to leave and Stat opting out, I don't think money will be that big of an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him on the team, give him a few seasons and he could be top 10 PG's in the league, but just saying, we need some miracles this off season.

Whilst Mills is miles better than Felton, i really don't want to overpay for him, which is what would need to happen. I also highly doubt he'd perform as well in NY as he does with the Spurs.

Would rather we concentrate on trying to get into the 1st round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back