Live Event The Official 2023 NBA Playoffs Thread presented by Google Pixel (including the Play-Ins)

Who will win the 2022-23 NBA Championship?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brown probably more of a small forward (in a traditional sense) than a guard.

Definitely not a ball handler

Biggest mistake was getting rid of the coach for a goody nice coach who is way too soft. There were way too many lets call them lapses in games and in series. Having to need to go to 7 in 2 playoff series is not a good sign. Not sure there's a magic answer out there, surely you get rid of Brogdan at least, and poor old Al is looking very old now.

Spo is the main reason I give them some hope in the finals, the guy will probably turn Jovic in to Jokic this series somehow

I used to think Spo was a bit overrated, but not any more.

If Miami somehow beat Denver, he definitely is elevated into the Pop Tier of coaching greats imo.

Biggest mistake was getting rid of the coach for a goody nice coach who is way too soft. There were way too many lets call them lapses in games and in series. Having to need to go to 7 in 2 playoff series is not a good sign. Not sure there's a magic answer out there, surely you get rid of Brogdan at least, and poor old Al is looking very old now.
People are forgetting those lapses happened at times last year as well, including in the finals.

I feel like people look back on that run with some rose coloured glasses. A fit Middleton and they were probably gone in the second round last year.

That isn’t coaching because it has happened under each of the last 3 coaches. It’s the playing group

Apparently Jaylen Brown was esp pissed at Ime Udoka's firing, even though Ime had to go (wasn't just for the affair with one of the owner's wife's either)

Losing Will Hardy to Utah was a massive blow, he would have done a better job than Mazzula, whom to be fair, had a pretty piss poor assistant panel to work under him (Stoudimire left halfway though the season)

People are forgetting those lapses happened at times last year as well, including in the finals.

I feel like people look back on that run with some rose coloured glasses. A fit Middleton and they were probably gone in the second round last year.

That isn’t coaching because it has happened under each of the last 3 coaches. It’s the playing group

It’s both. A great go h would not let this happen over and over again. However you are right the playing group should be accountable too

Have to have some stones to bounce back from missing 3 series closeout opportunities, especially how game 6 ended. Unbelievable performance tonight.

Can't see them being able to compete with Denver, who just seem too well drilled but we'll see.

Convinced this has been an elaborate troll by Jimmy to make Boston fans suffer even more.
Go 3-0 up, break their hearts, then let them back into the series by suddenly forgetting how to score, give the Boston fans hope, then crushes them in a game 7 to once again break their hearts.

It’s both. A great go h would not let this happen over and over again. However you are right the playing group should be accountable too
Stevens was apparently a very good coach and it was happening. Joe maz sucks, but it’s his lack of game sense and adjustments for that. Intensity I am putting on the players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Jaylen Brown was esp pissed at Ime Udoka's firing, even though Ime had to go (wasn't just for the affair with one of the owner's wife's either)

Losing Will Hardy to Utah was a massive blow, he would have done a better job than Mazzula, whom to be fair, had a pretty piss poor assistant panel to work under him (Stoudimire left halfway though the season)

Still think it should be easier to get rid of/pay money under the carpet to someone in the backroom than get rid of a coach when you have made the finals the year prior. The last thing you want to do is annoy the playing group, heard that from Brown though it died down once they won a bit. Truth probably is somewhere in the middle. Agree on the assistants.

The refusal to take timeouts was a huge problem all season.

Delicious

Feel sorry for anyone that listens to his pod. Will now be constantly mentioned the season they were a Tatum ankle from a championship and the greatest story in sports.

From here Boston need to find a SG who can handle the ball a bit and shoot some 3s. Buddy Hield works especially since I think Pacers would be willing to move him on for picks.

Gotta let Grant Williams go and just give his minutes to Hauser

7nkw7u.jpg

Can only laugh now I suppose.

Stevens was apparently a very good coach and it was happening. Joe maz sucks, but it’s his lack of game sense and adjustments for that. Intensity I am putting on the players

Yeah look the players aren't getting a free pass but it's easier to change the coach than the whole playing roster. I feel the lack of intensity was a huge issue all playoffs, lets not forget they needed 7 to beat Philly as well. Denver have been way more impressive whereas Boston have lost more than they won at home.

Rough for the Celtics, I wanted to see history happen but alas not.

You’d imagine Denver will make light work of Miami. Can’t underestimate the Heat but how do they stop Jokic I have no idea.

Back