Connecting the dots - Are we on the brink of calamity?

Three simultaneous nuclear melt-throughs, Power Raid

Yet to be contained. Should people be informing themselves of the potential consequences?

Is it serious enough for that, in your opinion?

sure, the same way you should consider the uranium that would be in your drinking water or under your house releasing radon into your house.

Again, I am not suggesting it isn't a concern. but take a look at chernobyl and you will find you will get less radiation exposure at chernobyl than you would get flying there. I am just suggesting we should put things into perspective.

sure, the same way you should consider the uranium that would be in your drinking water or under your house releasing radon into your house.
How many reactors would have to be simultaneously melting through before you would no longer put them in the same sentence as 'uranium in drinking water'?
but take a look at chernobyl and you will find you will get less radiation exposure at chernobyl than you would get flying there.
Source?

How many reactors would have to be simultaneously melting through before you would no longer put them in the same sentence as 'uranium in drinking water'?

Source?

1) melting through what? the ground.....ooooowwww
2) google yourself

So you won't even answer the question? Pathetic.

the answer is irrelevant, as it is not the number of reactors or the size that is of concern (by itself). Rather it is the ability of containing the waste and minimising unnecessary leaks into the greater environment. Why? the cost of clean up for 1 core or 10 cores will be similar and take a similar period of time.

Just so we are clear, I am against the operation of all generation 1 and 2 reactors. I am also against the operation of most of the early generation 3 reactors as the necessary geo-tech work would not have been carried out.

I do accept that a 40m tsunami, which killed 15,000 people, wasn't contemplated by engineers when building the reactor but the reality is it should have been. That said, it was built by engineers who would have served in WW2, a period where loss of life was tolerated.

What is more important is they contain the cores until they cool sufficiently, to enable reprocessing, so they can be then be wrapped in cement, then copper and then entombed in a sulphide zone (or other similar process).

I don't understand why you see this as the end of the world? As said, we accept radiation when flying, in medicine and in our fertilizer. We also accept cleaning up of hospitals is required, we also accept this waste is stored in multiple locations in our cities in sea containers or similar, we also accept hiroshima, chenobyl, negasaki, four mile and the various nuclear sub that have gone missing and the 1,000s of atomic bomb testings are although not good have not ended the world. So why all the excitement?

And what does that have to do with the world ending exactly?

both are idioms for events causing major catastrophe.

Personally although the issue is serious, it is one that can be managed better by process than hysterical arm waving. It is just an opinion though.

Major catastrophe is not end of the world.

Doesnt mean "oh well oops" is ok.

No, hysterical arm waving will do nothing.

Gaol and persons responsible being held to account would be good though.

Oh thats right, corporations can just dissappear without taking their deserved punishment.

Major catastrophe is not end of the world.

Doesnt mean "oh well oops" is ok.

No, hysterical arm waving will do nothing.

Gaol and persons responsible being held to account would be good though.

Oh thats right, corporations can just dissappear without taking their deserved punishment.

I am not defending anyone in this circumstance but you are keen to gaol people who try and do something. Should we gaol people for not doing something?

out of interest who should be gaoled for this incident?

The CEOs of all companies involved in design and construction and any idiot that didnt pipe up and say, "hang on, is this the best geographical location for this?"

They are all dead a buried decades ago

I don't know if you're a shill or not, but I thought you might like to know that I enjoy reading your posts, keep it up

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
Sometimes I confuse myself. I'm sure the world's media is watched controlled and in the USA massive paranoia is alive and well. I just think that fighting against intervention is a hopeless case, and that sometimes we all might be glad that our governments do things to keep us safe.
Haha then you have America that will keep you safe whether you want it or not in any way. Sometimes harmless sometimes deadly , sometimes badly targeted sometimes spot on hit the target.
Then we have the other type , that allows his staff to go about every dirty little cyber /mobile phone / electronic trickery , just get a story that hurts in the worst kid of way. To private individuals , we know who I mean.
I think I'm saying you'll never change it, private or government , its too late. Try not to get caught at something you shouldn't be doing . Better still don't do something you shouldn't be doing someone will catch you.

Nazi is a big long bow to draw , when that word conjures up Germany and Hitler in the 1930's to 1945. Some and I'll use the old word spys or secret security police etc, actually think they are doing what is right.

In Nazi Germany after a while they knew they were doing an evil unequaled by any one in history before , on a scale unseen. Its a big adjective when you think about it like that.
Although I've used it when describing a certain country that is as illegal and as ethnically prejudiced as any where now? So I'm as bad.

To mdizzle,
you'll have to excuse my ignorance , but a shill I am definitely not.
But to be honest had to go and find out what it meant.

I have been a union rep and have seen officials top and bottom. Some are great some are bloody terrible. But workers are not as safe as they used to be and unions are not a strong AND SENSIBLE as they should be , but some , I emphasise some, are trying hard. Not involved though now . Just saying how I see things.
So I feel pretty well middled in my outlook . Have to be in the most confusing time this planet has ever seen.

More misrepresentation. Please take it to the relevant thread.
so, what im after SB is some kind of evidence that shows your opinion on the fukushima disaster has more depth/nuance to it than "OMG 3 core meltdowns". i've looked in this and the fukushima thread and haven't been able to locate said depth. help me out?

How do you figure?

from your comment "Gaol and persons responsible being held to account would be good though."

or do you propose locking up dead people and tarnishing the family name without trial is OK?

so, what im after SB is some kind of evidence that shows your opinion on the fukushima disaster has more depth/nuance to it than "OMG 3 core meltdowns". i've looked in this and the fukushima thread and haven't been able to locate said depth. help me out?
There is a heap of information in this article and the links it provides.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contribute...ushima-nuclear-cores-scattered-all-over-japan

You and the other shill still haven't explained why three simultaneous nuclear meltdowns should not be seen as a very serious problem deserving of much greater msm scrutiny.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contribute...ushima-nuclear-cores-scattered-all-over-japan

you know zerohedge is a place for panic merchants, right? go read all their 'fiat money is doomed, gold is back baby' nonsense from ~2006 onwards. oooo booga booga booga!

You and the other shill still haven't explained why three simultaneous nuclear meltdowns should not be seen as a very serious problem deserving of much greater msm scrutiny.

your logic (and i use the term loosely) is really messed up. your questions are full of shitty premises and incorrect assumptions.

anyway...

You and the other shill still haven't explained

actually power raid explained to you that three simultaneous meltdowns could require relatively similar amounts of cleanup as a single.

three simultaneous

you're the one who hasn't explained, scientifically, why three is worth your apparent panic. i mean, presumably it's worse than 1 and not as bad as 10, right? all that really matters is how much radiation is leaking into the surrounds, correct?

can you show us the numbers of how much radiation is ending up in the surrounding environment? how much lower should these numbers be do you feel before we can rest easy?

should not be seen as a very serious problem

who doesn't think it's serious? what WE on bigfooty want to know is why YOU seem to think it's more serious than everyone else?

deserving of much greater msm scrutiny.

i dont know which planet you're on but fukushima has been pretty extensively covered. media love a good disaster story. but it won't sell papers indefinitely without new and exciting panic to sell. to people like you funnily enough.

Back