Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Have the AFL said why they wont work with you?
They know that Mero will be doing the pictures even if he isn't involved with the AFL. As was said before in this thread their isn't any money in the history of the AFL, so why would they employ someone to create the images that they can't make money from.
Mero's site is probably safe while there isn't money in the history of the AFL because www.footyjumpers.com keeps the history of the jumpers together and they don't have to pay for it. But if there is money to be made from the history of the AFL, then they will be coming after Mero's site to shut it down because whoever has the internet rights for the AFL won't want someone using AFL property.

Oddly though, because of fair use (which I probably could have argued with USAFL about for an historical website), you can see their logo just fine on Wiki. And AFL/USAFL can't do anything about it.

I love the addition of the stars. It wouldn't be American unless there were stars! ;)

They know that Mero will be doing the pictures even if he isn't involved with the AFL. As was said before in this thread their isn't any money in the history of the AFL, so why would they employ someone to create the images that they can't make money from.
Mero's site is probably safe while there isn't money in the history of the AFL because www.footyjumpers.com keeps the history of the jumpers together and they don't have to pay for it. But if there is money to be made from the history of the AFL, then they will be coming after Mero's site to shut it down because whoever has the internet rights for the AFL won't want someone using AFL property.
That's basically what happened around Heritage Rounds.
People from AFL Merchandise Dept were writing to me asking about different jumpers, what they looked like, did I have old pics etc.
These were from the 70s and 80s themed Heritage Rounds.

One thing was especially pleasing from that is I have a match worn Essendon jumper from the 1980s.
This was used for the sash on 2006 Heritage and then 2007 Home jumpers Essendon used.
Then adidas took over and buggered up the sash completely.

What a load of s**t, the afl is slowly rewriting the history of the game, this wouldn't be a bad thing if they were actually trying to correct mistakes. But it seems the AFL is keen on changing history to suit its own agenda. Pre 1897 football in Melbourne belongs to the VFA it should stay that way. A part of me thinks this just an attempt to fix the "problem" that the vfa sanfl an wafl all predate the afl/VFL.

Because Mero needs more work...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...uld-be-turned-on-its-head-20140620-zsglu.html

1897? Bor-r-r-r-ring. Let's go back to 1870!

What a load of s**t, the afl is slowly rewriting the history of the game, this wouldn't be a bad thing if they were actually trying to correct mistakes. But it seems the AFL is keen on changing history to suit its own agenda. Pre 1897 football in Melbourne belongs to the VFA it should stay that way. A part of me thinks this just an attempt to fix the "problem" that the vfa sanfl an wafl all predate the afl/VFL.

I posted the following on the main board; being a stats/history lover, this is really pissing me off.

--------------------------------------------------------

All credibility of this article is thrown out the window by merely mentioning the "Champion of the Colony" award. The whole thing is a myth.

Frankly, the whole exercise of rewriting history is a ludicrous one. I've grown up reading a whole lot of footy books with a particular love for statistics and history. It's always been maintained that the VFL in 1897 was a "breakaway league" that basically rebelled against the Association (VFA). It's not like the VFA ended and the VFL started and there was great continuity, either. The VFA continued and is still continuing now albeit under the VFL name. To suggest that an entirely different league should simply be "merged" because it makes it nice and easy for the AFL is preposterous.

When have the AFL cared about honouring the game's early greats anyway? Rarely have I seen mentions of Burns or Coulthard by the governing body. Not to mention that the Hall of Fame is terribly skewed towards the modern era.

Overall, it feels like an attempt to just include more Victorian history in the Australian competition. And I've been a Victorian my whole life. It's not right.

Anything that shows that Carlton (22 premierships) is better than Essendon (20)

But in all serious, it shouldn't be counted. We don't count the premierships won prior to the formation of NRL or Premier League, so why do the AFL want to do it?
Unless they take Blainey's suggestion of 1877, in which case Essendon would have 20 and Carlton17

should call it the pre history of the VFL/AFL (formation years). should have all the records (like grand final wins) by eras too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's it look now?

Still need to add the adjustment on front, like you've added for the normal home jumper.

Screenshot 2014-07-01 17.50.27.png Screenshot 2014-07-01 17.52.56.png

Also thinner side panels on the back as well for 2014 as well.

Here it is flat on the ground

Screenshot 2014-07-01 17.57.17.png

Also, I'd have the panels on the back more straighter than you have it. They seem to have too much angle on your site.

Screenshot 2014-07-01 17.59.48.png

Your version of 2014 Crows home jumper back
Screenshot 2014-07-01 18.01.19.png

And last years are too straight, they do go on an angle.

Screenshot 2014-07-01 18.02.48.png

Your version of 2013 home jumper back
Screenshot 2014-07-01 18.03.18.png

Last edited:
should call it the pre history of the VFL/AFL (formation years). should have all the records (like grand final wins) by eras too.
the AFL should have eras for the grand final like this:
1897 to 1914 (Pre WWI)
1915 to 1924 (WWI and Post WWI)
1925 to 1939 (First Expansion Era/Pre WWII)
1940 to 1949 (WWII and Post WWII)
1950 to 1981 (Golden Era)
1982 to 1989 (Second Expansion Era/Beginning of Modern Game)
1990 to 2001 (Third Expansion Era)
2002 to Today (Modern Era)

would say for the WWI and WWII Eras that there were less teams due to war (Fitzroy won the flag in 1916 with only 4 teams in League).

1897 to 1914 (Pre WWI)

would say for the WWI and WWII Eras that there were less teams due to war (Fitzroy won the flag in 1916 with only 4 teams in League).
Why? What good would that do. To me, that just clutters things up, it'd be too confusing to remember all the eras

1897 to 1914 (Pre WWI)

Hahaha as if the AFL would officially define a 'golden era'. They think today is the golden era!

I reckon they're flags for the Demon Army, the official cheer squad for Melbourne.

Here's a better look at the logo:
309820_406643826088698_102455894_n.jpg

I can't find one that includes the text though.

This article explains why there's a difference on the guernsey. Has any team done something like this before?
Western Force did this with their sponsors in the Super Rugby. Every player is sponsored by a different company.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back