Tom Jones at the Grand Final?

Remove this Banner Ad

For 2015, I want to see Huey Lewis drive a DeLorean into the MCG... will work real well if Port make it...."that's the POWER of love", then they kick 1.21 (jigawatts) for the whole game... opponents can be either Geelong or North.... the coach will be given the name "Great Scott"

"Hes going 88 miles an hour" commentary on any quick player

Is there a reason why there has to be a half-time 'spectacular' at all? Hard for me to tell from over here, but I don't think it adds anything to the day.

Would rather the sprint / goalkicking /... than a procession of geriatrics who've lost the ability to sing / even lip-sync respectably in a pseudo-showpiece.

If it is a drawcard, it would be great for Aussie acts to get the nod. Feel like a grumpy old man having written this, now I'm done. Time for my nap.

Aside from the Superbowl what other sports have a major pregame/half time show that has nothing to do with the game itself?

It's something that the AFL try to emulate on a shoestring budget and almost always come off looking unprofessional. It doesn't help that a football oval is too large for any show to be truly effective and its a lot harder to provide something spectacular during the day than it is at night or indoors

I don't understand why they just don't have a curtain raiser and some local acts can play before the main game? Tom Jones is 74! The MCG is simply not cut out for mega concerts, why do the AFL think that a singer as great as Tom Jones is, will be a spectacular event? Looking at the empty stands on the weekend leads me to believe that 'Gilligan' should consider curtain raisers at every game from next season, some value for money might not be a bad idea? I also think the daytime GF is on it's last legs, if the AFL want a spectacular then they have to play it at night with fireworks and the whole shebang or just simply leave the Saturday to the game itself and play a curtain raiser and build up from there. I remember when it was footy's greatest day and games began at approx 9am with the Under 19's GF!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Australian and is currently topping charts..... ?

Iggy :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back