KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

They were clearly lip syncing but was the music live with their instruments plugged in?
Pretty sure the instruments weren't live either. A few times I caught Stanley playing out of sync with what we could hear lol

They were clearly lip syncing but was the music live with their instruments plugged in?
No, If you watch Simmons he’s taking his fret hand off constantly lol. None of it was live at all apart from the theatrics.

I’ve got no problem with people saying they put on a good show, they do by many metrics but they don’t play live and there’s no point arguing they do. It doesn’t have to take away from that fact that it’s good entertainment, vast majority of people seemed to enjoy it.

No, If you watch Simmons he’s taking his fret hand off constantly lol. None of it was live at all apart from the theatrics.

I’ve got no problem with people saying they put on a good show, they do by many metrics but they don’t play live and there’s no point arguing they do. It doesn’t have to take away from that fact that it’s good entertainment, vast majority of people seemed to enjoy it.

Gene removes his hands from the fret board often during concert at the end of songs It’s not the gotcha moment you think

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On the 0-5 scale, they were a solid 3 for entertainment. Cries of Best Ever are a little much. Killers and Robbie Williams were much better.

Gene removes his hands from the fret board often during concert at the end of songs It’s not the gotcha moment you think

They’ve been caught out before this definitively man, Sydney, Antwerp list goes on. Most, if not all rock bands their age do it. Like I said it has no bearing to me as to whether it was entertaining or not, I thought it was great.

For the TV audience and the AFL is better off leaning in to what's current. Current music will tend to say something about the year we are in.
google current bands, then current rock bands.

Not during “ I was made for loving you “ you can’t

That’s a heavy duty bass line that requires non stop plucking

They’ve been caught out before this definitively man, Sydney, Antwerp list goes on. Most, if not all rock bands their age do it. Like I said it has no bearing to me as to whether it was entertaining or not, I thought it was great.

Songs sure not instruments….

R u Synchin Stanley?

IMG_0793.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was pretty obvious that they were lip sync with a pre-recorded live backing track, some people are defending them & saying they weren't clearly haven't seen many live bands, this isn't the first time KISS have been accused of doing it.

Who really cares.
It was great entertainment
Gil has finally done something good and Dillon will have to raise the bar next year.
Only act bigger that I can think of would be AC/DC….

Who really cares.
It was great entertainment
Gil has finally done something good and Dillon will have to raise the bar next year.
Only act bigger that I can think of would be AC/DC….
It was entertainment that's it, but when people call it the best performance when they weren't even playing live you have to call it out.

Credit to Robbie Williams & The Killers who actually did it live. no comparasion imo

Meat loaf could have been great with similar amounts of dollars spent. Stupid old fart (rip) insisted on singing live

Yep, inducted into the hall of fame by Dave Grohl. Sold close to 100,000,000 records.

Good tine fun band. We're great yesterday, crowd was having a ball. Still you need to complain.
Sorry mate. Good entertainers but back In the day they were taken as seriously as the glitter band

Someone from Tina turner the musical? Quality pre-match? I guess that we must have different definitions.

I mean it's a step below getting the bootleg beatles.

When 10 had the footy rights and we got the strayan idol plus a few neighbours actors thrown in.

And they recon the Batmobile was bad

Call me an old boomer but some of the newer rock bands can't hold a candle to some of the older rock bands when it comes to playing live
I remember seeing a spate of younger bands who basically rolled out on stage, said 'hey, we're X band, here's some music or whatever' and then proceeded to play in the most disinterested manner possible in the early 2000s. Then I saw Iron Maiden live for the first time, Bruce SPRINTED on stage screaming like a banshee and they proceeded to ******* blow the roof off the joint.

This is exactly the point IMO.

I put KISS in a similar bracket to Bon Jovi. They're not musically groundbreaking, nor beloved by critics, but they're popular and they're fun. Yes, they rely on third-party songwriters and pre-recorded backing tracks, but that doesn't matter if you're a band like KISS. If you're a musically complex band like Queen, or act that relies on authenticity like The Clash, then yes, that matters, but it doesn't matter for KISS.

Big show, fun music, made the boomers happy, job done.

Yep, inducted into the hall of fame by Dave Grohl. Sold close to 100,000,000 records.

Good tine fun band. We're great yesterday, crowd was having a ball. Still you need to complain.
Darting in and out of the "pool of rambunctious people". we need to rest our weary minds and see that ...u r not me and I am ...

This is exactly the point IMO.

I put KISS in a similar bracket to Bon Jovi. They're not musically groundbreaking, nor beloved by critics, but they're popular and they're fun. Yes, they rely on third-party songwriters and pre-recorded backing tracks, but that doesn't matter if you're a band like KISS. If you're a musically complex band like Queen, or act that relies on authenticity like The Clash, then yes, that matters, but it doesn't matter for KISS.

Big show, fun music, made the boomers happy, job done.
Agree with most of your post

But I think you're selling Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons short as songwriters. (and Ace Frehley too.)

It's true, after KISS became an established, famous band, they worked with some "name" producers who co-wrote some of their biggest hits. But Paul and Gene still co-wrote those songs. They just had some help knocking them into shape. Not from 3rd party writers, but from the producers (which is a fairly common practise between rock bands and hands on producers.)

Paul and Gene also wrote all of the songs from their first 4 or 5 albums which made them a success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back