KISS to play at the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Green Day would be immense if we could somehow wrangle them!

Time of your life
Basketcase
American Idiot
Minority

There's an opening set that would be nostalgic/energetic and world class. Also works for those in their 40's and 50's, but also those in their 20's and 30's.

Make it happen AFL!!
Fall Out Boy another great option - either would be incredible

They should have got this guy to play at the AFL GF then, the redneck Ed Sheeran, he has produced one of the biggest hit songs of 2023.

Most popular songs these days are garbage, there are still some good songs these days but you won't find them in the charts or on the radio.
I promise you, go back to any week in the 70s, look at the Billboard top 20, and there will be a heap of horrible s**t in there that most people have now lost all memory of.

That’s the great thing about time - it kills off bad art.

If you didn't like KISS you would have hated Crowded House, they would have been Mark Seymour V2.

Last edited:
Just had a look at the footage.
Can anyone convince me that Kiss weren't playing to a backing track.
I don't know, maybe they do that at all of their concerts.
From what I've read, most of their records in the past have had numerous studio musicians standing in for them.

It was pretty obvious that they were lip sync with a pre-recorded live backing track, some people are defending them & saying they weren't clearly haven't seen many live bands, this isn't the first time KISS have been accused of doing it.

Last edited:
The major issue with current, is that the best current artists are completely unaffordable, and everyone else will puzzle the Middle Aged crowd
Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

It's why you end up with the Vance Joy's and Birds of Tokyo of the world. Fit the current quotation, but they're middle ground types at best.

The closest we probably got is 'The Killers' I reckon.

Perfect range for your 35-40s, while the older crowd would still have heard of them. Still got enough good tunes to be known in the 15-30 age range as well.

They're never going to be able to afford a Drake, Taylor Swift, or whatever's popular now these days anyway. Even if they could, half the audience would hate it.

To be fair to them, it is pretty tough to cover the age range of 12 to 70 odd, while still remaining 'current' but also on a major budget.

Most of them also aren't worth the high price tag either, the fact that Ed Sheeran sells out stadiums these days is just mindblowing to me.

He is a glorified English busker that has a few decent tunes but now he is made out to be the David Bowie or Elton John of his generation.

I would throw him a few coins if I saw him busking in the street but I wouldn't be forking out a few hundred bucks to see him in a stadium.

It's why you end up with the Vance Joy's and Birds of Tokyo of the world. Fit the current quotation, but they're middle ground types at best.

Perfect range for your 35-40s, while the older crowd would still have heard of them. Still got enough good tunes to be known in the 15-30 age range as well.

They're never going to be able to afford a Drake, Taylor Swift, or whatever's popular now these days anyway. Even if they could, half the audience would hate it.

To be fair to them, it is pretty tough to cover the age range of 12 to 70 odd, while still remaining 'current' but also on a major budget.
Let’s face it, the majority of the audience wouldn’t know a single line of Antihero despite it being the biggest recent hit of the biggest current megastar.

Birds of Tokyo and anyone associated with that band should be hung drawn and quartered for coming up with what is the current disgrace of a west coast eagles theme song….

No coincidence since they got that going we have won 5 games and barely heard it thank heavens

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there’s the point… none of them can hold a candle to bands like kiss, the stones, Springsteen, def Leppard etc and that’s why they keep coming back because there’s no one to fill stadiums anymore

Spot the great band who lip syncs. Where’s milli vanilla. Kiss are a great act but they are not a great band

I promise you, go back to any week in the 70s, look at the Billboard top 20, and there will be a heap of horrible s**t in there that most people have now lost all memory of.

That’s the great thing about time - it kills off bad art.

Check out top of the pops on YouTube.

So many acts who had one hit but came back on with another two or three NQR versions of the same song.

Kiss had a huge following of kids you never liked. Cult band but not taken seriously

Spot the great band who lip syncs. Where’s milli vanilla. Kiss are a great act but they are not a great band

Sorry, you don’t still sell arenas and concerts out without being a great band… you don’t make 50 years without being a great band . at the end of the day if the music doesn’t deliver no one goes

For the TV audience and the AFL is better off leaning in to what's current. Current music will tend to say something about the year we are in.
Too many people of different backgrounds to play current stuff..opening with “I was made for loving you” means 100% song recognition, and that all important nostalgia component. Glam works.

Check out top of the pops on YouTube.

So many acts who had one hit but came back on with another two or three NQR versions of the same song.

Kiss had a huge following of kids you never liked. Cult band but not taken seriously
Yep, inducted into the hall of fame by Dave Grohl. Sold close to 100,000,000 records.

Good tine fun band. We're great yesterday, crowd was having a ball. Still you need to complain.

Oh well all the doubters and haters can go move on to their next whinge.

KISS was great. The hudreds of kids dressed up made it fantastic. The little Gene Simons running around sticking their tongues out and the others playing air gitar with Ace was epic.

Crowd loved it.

Hard following up on Robbie Williams but they killed it IMO. Great set.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back