List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Prospects

Who do you want with our first selection in the National draft?

• Peter Wright

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • Patrick McCartin

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • Sam Durdin

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In time...

FB: Wright - Delaney - Roberton
HB: Webster - Lever - Savage

Allowing Bruce to go forward if we want... Yum. Has versatility, speed and good footskills... and a gorilla-tamer...
Reckon you need a bit more height in the backline with teams going in with two key forwards, resting ruckmen and the like. Webster or Wright to the midfield replaced by another key defender, or TBH I'd be having Gilbert there until someone else shows they can play that third man up/rebounding role that Fisher is playing now.

Reckon you need a bit more height in the backline with teams going in with two key forwards, resting ruckmen and the like. Webster or Wright to the midfield replaced by another key defender, or TBH I'd be having Gilbert there until someone else shows they can play that third man up/rebounding role that Fisher is playing now.
Gilbert's a bit old for 'in time' and Robbo is 194cm, even though he 'plays small'... Also, Webster tends to play taller than he is.

If we play teams with three genuine talls, then Brucey goes back and Lever shifts onto a flank.

Don't think we will be getting Lever. Won't get past the Dogs if he is really still as good as he was.

Crows, Suns and Roos would all love him too.

If Frawley leaves Melbourne could go a Brayshaw/Lever double.

I really want Petracca. Get him and then draft Reece McKenzie or somebody later on, we get a good big forward we need and the best player of the draft, win situation. And then look to try and get a Corey Ellis or Connor Blakely late first/early second round.
I like that option too.

Absolutely no doubt - although SOS played in a wholly different era - it would just be handy.

The 194cm that Mr Berry suggests he is currently is plenty. He'd be a fantastic get for us. If he's over his injury issues then I'd almost be inclined to take him at our first pick.

If we somehow snagged two first rounders then I'd be suggesting Petracca and Lever as our picks; we can survive on Roo, Stanley and Bruce as KPDS with input from Lee and White for another year if those two are on offer.
Pick 1 - Petracca
pick 10 - Lever
pick 21 - Ellis
Pick 31 - McKenzie/Watchman/Keitel
Pick 39 - Urban

Pick 10 = Joey leaving
Pick 31 = Geary leaving

pull the trigger?

Pick 1 - Petracca
pick 10 - Lever
pick 21 - Ellis
Pick 39 - Urban

Pick 10 = Joey leaving
Pick 31 = Geary leaving

pull the trigger?

Hmmm... Tough call but I wouldn't whinge if we got Petracca, Lever, Ellis, Keitel/Watchman and Urban. I think Lever will be gone before pick 10 though. Also I'd be hoping for a bigger slider than Ellis at 21; Degoey, Weller, Laverde. Optimistic I know but we got Dunstan and Acres at 18 and 19.

Hmmm... Tough call but I wouldn't whinge if we got Petracca, Lever, Ellis, Keitel/Watchman and Urban. I think Lever will be gone before pick 10 though. Also I'd be hoping for a bigger slider than Ellis at 21; Degoey, Weller, Laverde. Optimistic I know but we got Dunstan and Acres at 18 and 19.
You'd object to McKenzie....?

Pick 1 - Petracca
pick 10 - Lever
pick 21 - Ellis
Pick 39 - Urban

Pick 10 = Joey leaving
Pick 31 = Gears leaving

pull the trigger?
Pick 1 - Petracca
pick 10 - Lever
pick 21 - Ellis
Pick 31 - traded for Jordan Murdoch
Pick 39 - McKenzie
Pick 50-odd - Caleb Daniel

Last edited:
Pick 1 - Petracca
pick 10 - Lever
pick 21 - Ellis
Pick 31 & Sam Gilbert - traded to Collingwood for Ben Kennedy & Pies 3rd rounder (pick 50-odd)
Pick 39 - McKenzie

Gears to Geelong via FA; Murdoch to Saints for our compo (2nd rounder)
in:
Petracca
Lever
Ellis
Kennedy
Murdoch
McKenzie
Daniel
+Minchi
+ Shents

out:
Joey
Gilbo
Gears
Hayes
CJ
Dunell
TDL
Pierce (RL)
Maister

looks ok...heap of experience gone though.

in:
Petracca
Lever
Ellis
Kennedy
Murdoch
McKenzie
Daniel
+Minchi
+ Shents

out:
Joey
Gilbo
Gears
Hayes
CJ
Dunell
TDL
Pierce (RL)
Maister

looks ok...heap of experience gone though.
Just realised i'd sold Gears off twice.... Edited

in:
Petracca
Lever
Ellis
Murdoch
McKenzie
Daniel
+Minchi
+ Shents

out:
Joey
Gears
Hayes
CJ
Dunell
TDL
Pierce (RL)
Maister

(Should be more focussed on work today, it's quite busy & my brain just isnt coping with work stuff and Bigfooty)

Last edited:
Pick 1 - Petracca
pick 10 - Lever
pick 21 - Ellis
Pick 39 - Urban

Pick 10 = Joey leaving
Pick 31 = Geary leaving

pull the trigger?

Looks good but......

Lever will likely be gone by 10 and Ellis by 15....And we aint getting 10 for Joey.

Pick 1 - Petracca
pick 10 - Lever
pick 21 - Ellis
Pick 31 - traded for Jordan Murdoch
Pick 39 - McKenzie
Murdoch's appeared a bit in this thread.... He's played 17 games at Pussytown this season; he ain't going anywhere.

If you're looking at a team like Geelong you'd be better off looking at blokes not getting a game; Schroder (21, 183/88), Stringer (23, 182/82) and Smedts (22, 189/84) have all played less than 5 games this season... I'd be keen on any of them, though Stringer would struggle to beat the NDs policy...
Not object to picking him up, just not at pick 31, maybe a pick in the 40's. I know he had that 10 goal game, but I'd rather we look at guys who performed consistently before we picked him.
Consistency comes with experience; I'd absolutely take him in the 30s.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schroder in particular I'd be hugely interested in. Massively-built unit, and one of the winners in the Liston Trophy last season.

286313-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Known as 'Brick'. Much more obtainable than someone like Shiel, and while not as talented, would form a fearsome wrecking crew with the Manimal...

Was in the top 10 for the kicking test at the 2010 Combine too.

Schroder in particular I'd be hugely interested in. Massively-built unit, and one of the winners in the Liston Trophy last season.

286313-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Known as 'Brick'. Much more obtainable than someone like Shiel, and while not as talented, would form a fearsome wrecking crew with the Manimal...

Don't forget Urban, tackling machine. Only a few months now and we're back around to trade and draft period. Geez didn't this year fly?! :D :p

( :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: )

Don't forget Urban, tackling machine. Only a few months now and we're back around to trade and draft period. Geez didn't this year fly?! :D :p

( :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: )
Difference is a few years in probably the best AFL nursery in the game...

Murdoch's appeared a bit in this thread.... He's played 17 games at Pussytown this season; he ain't going anywhere.

If you're looking at a team like Geelong you'd be better off looking at blokes not getting a game; Schroder (21, 183/88), Stringer (23, 182/82) and Smedts (22, 189/84) have all played less than 5 games this season... I'd be keen on any of them, though Stringer would struggle to beat the NDs policy...

Consistency comes with experience; I'd absolutely take him in the 30s.
Why do/would we want blokes not getting senior games though? It's like 2009/2010 all over again. * that s**t!

Let's grow some ******* balls & make a play for someone who's a best 22 player :thumbsu:

Everyone else can pilfer players from our best 22 (Ball, BJ, Dal, Cripps), time to put the arse-kicking shoes on our own bloody feet!

Why do/would we want blokes not getting senior games though? It's like 2009/2010 all over again. **** that s**t!

Let's grow some ******* balls & make a play for someone who's a best 22 player :thumbsu:

Everyone else can pilfer players from our best 22 (Ball, BJ, Dal, Cripps), time to put the arse-kicking shoes on our own bloody feet!
All for having a crack at em, but let's be realistic in doing so. Gotta have other eggs in other baskets.

Schroder, as a Liston Trophy winner at 21, is a helluva lot better a prospect than Gamble, Polo and Peake.

Besides, Mitch Duncan would be my target at the Cattery.

Schroder went from flakey half forward flanker to Liston Trophy winning goal kicking inside mid in a single season under Matty Knights. I'd be all for getting him on board.

I'd also talk to Matty Knights about catching a ferry across the Bay and coaching our reserves side. He was hard done by at Esseondon and while I wouldn't have him as a senior coach, his youth development and Essendon and Geelong has been very good.

Why do/would we want blokes not getting senior games though? It's like 2009/2010 all over again. **** that s**t!

The five recruits we got over last summer from other clubs, were all just outside the best 22 at their respective clubs.
  1. Longer was kept out by Leuenberger.
  2. Savage was the 23rd man on GF day for the Hawks.
  3. Bruce couldn't get a game either end for the Giants, because of all their talent.
  4. Delaney was stuck behind Scott Thompson.
  5. Mav Weller was behind Gablett and all the cool kids at the Suns.
All five of those players were instrumental in our win on the weekend. All are easily in our best 22 now, and probably will be going into our next tilt (maybe Delaney won't be because of age, but right now, he'd be in the top-3 to get the Trev this year).

Why pay the kind of expense (either in terms of money, or trade) for a best 22, when an under-utilised best 25 at another club can be just as valuable, for a heckuvalot less? Them's gold in them thar hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back