Trigg replacement? who will it be

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, my bad.

What has he done that would bring him in as list manager?
Nothing from what I can see. Is currently thee General Manager AFL Talent at Elite Sports Properties, but before that he worked as a Loan Manager at a Credit Union and Account Executive at Southern Cross Austereo. Seems more tailored to the CEO role than as List Manager.

Nothing from what I can see. Is currently thee General Manager AFL Talent at Elite Sports Properties, but before that he worked as a Loan Manager at a Credit Union and Account Executive at Southern Cross Austereo. Seems more tailored to the CEO role than as List Manager.

Player manager - contract negotiation experience - list manager ....... makes sense.

I shudder to think that we would actually let a Port person have control of the club.

Wasn't he there when they hit rock-bottom and needed to be bailed out by the AFL and SANFL?

Haysman has always been a passionate Crows Supporter - other than that fateful (for him) period when he mistakenly took on the impossible job of salvaging Port Adelaide under the administration of that club's Chairman and Board of the day, while not having enough finances to buy a half eaten pasty, let alone do anything else. That club was technically insolvent at the time and if it were a business would probably have gone straight into liquidation.

Yes, he was there during that period, but the club was well and truly fkd before he got there. I know applicants for that position who either withdrew once they became aware of the state of Port's finances or who gave thanks to God for missing out on the appointment. :)

Haysman has an otherwise excellent CV, which is now marred by being associated with the basket case that was Port Adelaide at that time.

For that reason, I think his chances of getting the job are Buckley's and none.

If we were to sum up the CEO job at AFC it looks fairly attractive ...
  • under performing on-field
  • no further draft sanctions on the club (sad that this is a benefit)
  • good batch of marquee players like Dangerfield, Sloane and Walker
  • big membership base
  • massive attendance figures
  • good corporate $ base
  • possibly the best oval in Australia
  • no huge debts
  • less than impressive recent profit results
It would look pretty good when compared to other options for a potential AFL CEO - lots of upside that could be seen as almost low hanging fruit to a good operator.

Can someone lay out the downsides? I would say that any perceived problems with the current board etc... is a moot point, that is par for the course for any top level job.

I know that Brisbane is in the market - but can they compete with us on this? Is this a chance to actually flex some influence - and get the absolute top person? I would say yes, but I guess we'll find out in the coming months.

I'd say Roo's got a plan and is executing it ... and part of that plan would be to get someone at the top who takes no prisoners. We want to be a head-hunter not the hunted. I see some rumours about Rendell and top-notch trades like Cameron are surfacing - and I say about time. We should be a club that brings in players and administrators that make our club stronger, no matter what the history or perception outside. That should start with the top job.

If we were to sum up the CEO job at AFC it looks fairly attractive ...
  • under performing on-field
  • no further draft sanctions on the club (sad that this is a benefit)
  • good batch of marquee players like Dangerfield, Sloane and Walker
  • big membership base
  • massive attendance figures
  • good corporate $ base
  • possibly the best oval in Australia
  • no huge debts
  • less than impressive recent profit results
It would look pretty good when compared to other options for a potential AFL CEO - lots of upside that could be seen as almost low hanging fruit to a good operator.

Can someone lay out the downsides? I would say that any perceived problems with the current board etc... is a moot point, that is par for the course for any top level job.

I know that Brisbane is in the market - but can they compete with us on this? Is this a chance to actually flex some influence - and get the absolute top person? I would say yes, but I guess we'll find out in the coming months.

I'd say Roo's got a plan and is executing it ... and part of that plan would be to get someone at the top who takes no prisoners. We want to be a head-hunter not the hunted. I see some rumours about Rendell and top-notch trades like Cameron are surfacing - and I say about time. We should be a club that brings in players and administrators that make our club stronger, no matter what the history or perception outside. That should start with the top job.
Good post.

CEO of AFC would be an attractive job option - stable organisation with lots of upside... so we should be able to attract a quality candidate. Further we would be more attractive than Brisbane job & probably more attractive than the Gold Coast job over the long term (unless warmer weather is important).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard from a reliable (i think) source who works at the club, that Roo does not get on at all with Smart. At all

Would make it hard for Nigel then I reckon
Roo is street smart.

Nigel is NotSo...

Ray Gunston
Graeme Swann
Trevor Auld
Chris Davies
Keith Thomas
Mark Haysman

from other sports ? soccer, tennis, cricket ??

Left Field
Rod Hook

Hell I might apply for it
Lol. Ray Gunston... As long as he comes in a package with his son.

I've heard from a reliable (i think) source who works at the club, that Roo does not get on at all with Smart. At all

Would make it hard for Nigel then I reckon
One think is certain.....I've got more of a chance of getting the gig than Notso.
I'd like to think it will be a low profile, highly credentialed long termer who has a 10 year vision of making the AFC a juggernaut. Maybe a woman even...dare I suggest it:)

One think is certain.....I've got more of a chance of getting the gig than Notso.
I'd like to think it will be a low profile, highly credentialed long termer who has a 10 year vision of making the AFC a juggernaut. Maybe a woman even...dare I suggest it:)
Slippery Pete approves, as long as she's hot.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back