Preview Hawks vs $wans - Changes & Discussion. Light refreshments and Cola being served.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be shocked and dissapointed(naturally) if we lose this one.

The opportunity before us is just to big to let go. Knock over the Swans and the ladder will open up allowing us a great shot at a top 2 finish.
We have the talent and balls, just need to execute.

I recon we leave shoey back and put Spanger foward. Worked a treat last year when we played them and will always give a contest and be hard as nails.

Like this idea too. Put Shoe back. One way of ensuring their forwards do not get enough supply is by locking it in our forward 50. Spang will give better value in this area, especially with Rioli missing. There is every chance he could bob up and kick a couple as well. It too much to expect that Puopolo will apply a the majority of the forward pressure.

I also think they will leave all or one or two of Hannebery, Tippett and co. out of the side. By virtue of their soft draw they might like to take us on minus a couple of stars, leaving themselves a bit more unpredictable in September.

I like Schoey up forward if capable of doing urn I think he's more likely to kick a bag than Sprang. Which means they will have to put more time into him. I reckon Cegs might kick a few up forward. Don't have a match up if we play Schoey, Cegs and those other two plebs we have. Can't remember there names. They obviously aren't very good, because they haven't kicked as many goals as Buddy this year

I find it funny how we had 3 6-day breaks in a row when we had to travel to Sydney, but Sydney come down here after a bye.
I also find it funny how Buddy got hardly a thing from the umpires at the Hawks and now he is an free kick lord at the Swans .
Because it is good for growing the game in Sydney ! The AFL is so corrupt it is not funny .

So if the media are to be believed, Hawthorn have to win this to be a contender. But if Sydney lose, it doesn't mean anything. Presumably if they lose the premiership, there'll be excuses as well. They've got more buddies than *

So if the media are to be believed, Hawthorn have to win this to be a contender. But if Sydney lose, it doesn't mean anything. Presumably if they lose the premiership, there'll be excuses as well. They've got more buddies than *

They took our COLA away will be a Big Footy excuse, even though it's not relevant yet. If it ever will be.

I also find it funny how Buddy got hardly a thing from the umpires at the Hawks and now he is an free kick lord at the Swans .
Because it is good for growing the game in Sydney ! The AFL is so corrupt it is not funny .

Averaging 1.3 free kicks for per game at the Swans and averaged 1.2 free kicks for per game at the Hawks. Yep, "free kick" lord right there folks.

Averaging 1.3 free kicks for per game at the Swans and averaged 1.2 free kicks for per game at the Hawks. Yep, "free kick" lord right there folks.
Give us your take on the bump earlier in the year.

I can tell you as fact that he would have got 2 weeks if he was still a Hawk.

Put him in the COLA jumper and its a different set of rules.

Everyone who knows anything about footy knows this.

So stop talking s**t and enjoy your AFL sponsored cheating, young fella.

PS, what is the Rugby score?

Give us your take on the bump earlier in the year.

I can tell you as fact that he would have got 2 weeks if he was still a Hawk.

Put him in the COLA jumper and its a different set of rules.

Everyone who knows anything about footy knows this.

Everyone who knows anything about footy knows the MRP is a lottery. Fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, looking forward to this game. I think Hawks will dominate the first quarter before the Swans fightback in the second quarter. Hawks to come out strong after 1/2 time before the Swans peg the lead back to a couple of goals at the last break. Hawks to run away with it in the last and will win by about 5-6 goals.

Roughead is due for a big one and I think Gunston will also make a big contribution.

P.S. How's the weather in Tas?

I would go with Schoey back and Spangher forward now that I think of it. I thought Spangher might be a good "sacrifice" match-up on Bud. But Spangher will be great in the f50 to split packs and cause a spillage at the very least. He is a great contested mark in his own right though and may well clunk a few and end up with 2 or 3 goals. If he halves the contest we should play Burgers forward, he is dangerous in the F50 if the ball comes to ground. Add Breust and Poppy to that and we have a dangerous group of crumbers at the fall of the ball to either score or lock the ball in. Attack will be our best form of defense in the respect that the more we lock the ball in our f50, the harder it is for the $wans to score.

Everyone who knows anything about footy knows the MRP is a lottery. Fact.

I agree about the MRP but some of the other guys have a point in that the lottery always worked against Lance in the past. You can't deny the Malcieski bump and his hit earlier this year were identical. In fact, my thoughts are, this years was worse. Just an example of the way the lottery can fall. Lance does plenty of stupid things on the field and he has paid in full for them in the past.

Lol whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, looking forward to this game. I think Hawks will dominate the first quarter before the Swans fightback in the second quarter. Hawks to come out strong after 1/2 time before the Swans peg the lead back to a couple of goals at the last break. Hawks to run away with it in the last and will win by about 5-6 goals.

Roughead is due for a big one and I think Gunston will also make a big contribution.

P.S. How's the weather in Tas?

Surely better than here in Adelaide

Crisp and fresh about 14 and not a cloud in the sky.

Whats the Rugby score?

Couldn't care less about the rugby. Never followed it.

I agree about the MRP but some of the other guys have a point in that the lottery always worked against Lance in the past. You can't deny the Malcieski bump and his hit earlier this year were identical. In fact, my thoughts are, this years was worse. Just an example of the way the lottery can fall. Lance does plenty of stupid things on the field and he has paid in full for them in the past.

Lance was lucky but he will get suspended at some stage. But this crap about Buddy getting more frees because he's at the swans is, well, crap.

Lance was lucky but he will get suspended at some stage. But this crap about Buddy getting more frees because he's at the swans is, well, crap.

I agree, his free kick count is the same on average, both for and against, as it always has been. It's understandable though, that's what supporting a team is about.

Most important player will be Mc Evoy - its these games we drafted him for.

First of all our midfield has to turn the pressure dial up to eleven - give no time for lovely lace out passes from their midfield - force them to kick it in quick.

Then Big Boy has to drop into the hole and mark everything that comes his way. If it pans out this way we will win the game

Mate, you drew the short straw didn't you? A $wans fan living in Adelaide.:D

Haha, Trigg was at my local footy club the other week. I was going to attend to thank him for Tippett. Also been giving it to a few friends of mine who are Crows' supporters about Trigg. Now that he's gone, I will have to come up with new material.

I'd be leaving once Buddy rocked up with the coke, personally.

myhGKTskTUgL6nJ7gYaI94A.jpg

Oh sorry, wrong coke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back