Society/Culture War on Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Abusive spouse? Spouse unable to support themself?
What occasions are you talking about?

If Prince Charming suddenly turns into a deadbeat, dangerous, child-and-partner-abusing chameleon when the pinstripe turns blue, then take the kid and run like hell.

Now, if I can admit that, can YOU at least admit that there is a non-trivial number of women who get the tingles for men who are in no way cut out to be fathers?

With leg opening comes responsibility.

Ive already said. They should not be criticised on account of them being single mothers. If you want to accuse them of sucking at Battlefield or being sloppy drivers, go for it.

You would never instigate this argument when criticising married fathers.

I oppose your distorted version of equality. It's not equality at all.

Actually yes I would.

Why shouldn't they be criticised for being single parents? You keep saying we shouldn't but you don't actually say why it should be this way.

Yes sometimes single parenting is for the best. BUT NOT ALWAYS.

Are we EVER allowed to criticise single parents for poor decision they make are under their control?

Just think that the idea that a certain group should be immune from criticism because it might hurt their feelings is a pretty weak reason.
Wanting a right to criticise and shame those who already have it tough is pretty typical of your lot. Absolutely gutless.

There was a fascists protest the other week. They shared a similar love to pick on those with little power. I wonder what happened to those blokes when they took their ideas to the general public.

Wanting a right to criticise and shame those who already have it tough is pretty typical of your lot. Absolutely gutless.

There was a fascists protest the other week. They shared a similar love to pick on those with little power. I wonder what happened to those blokes when they took their ideas to the general public.

So you do think certain sections of the community should be above criticism.

I guess some rights really do end where others feelings begin.

Some people are just more equal then others I guess.

Do you understand life is more complicated?

As in, a lot more?

Yes it can be, but when you are deciding to bring another human being into this world then there are a lot of responsibility's that go with it.

Yes there are lots of cases of when the father turned abusive or violent after the baby was born or even after being in a long term relationship bailed on the mother when she got pregnant. These are fine reasons to be a single mother as the father was a scumbag.

Yet there are also lots of cases where the mother wasn't even in a relationship with the father, wasn't in a long term relationship and clearly didn't know the man well enough to be having babies with him or he was abusive or violent throughout the relationship but she still decided to stay with him and not only that have a baby with him.

Like I said, there are lots of cases where the single mother is in that position for no fault of her own and there are also lots of other cases where the single mother is in that position because she * up big time and in that case shes deserves to be criticized for her lack of responsibility not only in her own life but for the life of her own child.

You can do whatever you want with your own life, it's yours after all, but if you're going to bring another life into this world then that kid deserves to have not one but two good role models as parents in its life, or the best possible chance of that happening. This is something that needs to be said more and I couldn't give a s**t if a few single mothers feelings are hurt because of it. We are all responsible for our own actions and we are all judged for our own actions. It's laughable that you think not only some but all single mothers are above this.

Your understanding of single motherhood is beyond ignorant. It's copy and pasted straight from tabloid media.

Your views are not grounded in reality.
No actually I think you'll find there a lot closer to reality than your warped feminist view of everything which is "Men = Bad, Women = Good, Women are not responsible for anything they do and shouldn't ever be criticized because their feelings maybe hurt''.

there are also lots of other cases where the single mother is in that position because she **** up big time and in that case shes deserves to be criticized for her lack of responsibility not only in her own life but for the life of her own child.
Can you direct me to this world where women have the social and economic means to be able to exercise complete control over their lives, where they have fair equitable access to all forms of birth control, free of social pressures to stay in relationships, free of the psychological barriers of exiting an abusive relationship and all the other complexities which your orthodox bogan, middle class tabloid world view is blinded to?

Based on how peachy it seems, North would be a top 4 team in it.

This is something that needs to be said more and I couldn't give a s**t if a few single mothers feelings are hurt because of it.
You tell em' Stan! You're saying what we're all thinking! Bout bloody time those single mothers had to get a job like the rest of us!

No actually I think you'll find there a lot closer to reality than your warped feminist view of everything which is "Men = Bad, Women = Good, Women are not responsible for anything they do and shouldn't ever be criticized because their feelings maybe hurt''.
I think I said you're the only one who is bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet there are also lots of cases where the mother wasn't even in a relationship with the father, wasn't in a long term relationship and clearly didn't know the man well enough to be having babies with him or he was abusive or violent throughout the relationship but she still decided to stay with him and not only that have a baby with him.
So... where is the father's responsibility/blame/shame in all of this?

That's the bizarre thing.

They are more interested in criticising a woman for not leaving an abusive relationship than criticising the abuser.

It's disturbing how much hatred they have.
Look man, if the woman can't even stop being hated then what more can she expect?

So... where is the father's responsibility/blame/shame in all of this?

But what about the MEN!?!?!?!?!?

Plenty of blame to go around.

There is huge criticism of an abuser (even just an accused).

The primary responsibility lies with the abuser. But one would assume women are adults and at some point they would leave an abuser rather then continue to have sex and then babies with them.

Do women have any responsibility at all? Can women ever be questioned over their actions? According to some people they cannot be criticised under any circumstances. Do you agree with that view?

But what about the MEN!?!?!?!?!?

There is huge criticism of an abuser (even just an accused).

The primary responsibility lies with the abuser. But one would assume women are adults and at some point they would leave an abuser rather then continue to have sex and then babies with them.
You have no idea whatsoever.

Err. I'd think all of it rests with the abuser.

As I said, show me this paradise where choices are acted on as easily as you think they are.

You have a very minimal grip on the realities of life.

Just to back over your idiocy, a woman very close to me was in a neglectful and emotionally abusive re;ationship for decades. She was unhappy, miserable and left with primary care for a special needs child. She is the strongest person I know yet a complex variety of circumstances meant she couldnt leave for 2 decades. It took her 2 decades to navigate her way out.

Can you comprehend 'just getting up and leaving' is fantasy stuff?

Haven't watched the video nor have I read any posts.

But I think it's worth pointing out that basically the only things on a young guys mind during school years is sex, food and footy.

As a guy matures, money is added to the list, taking at least some of the attention of the above three and providing some focus.

There's some talk involving scenarios with violent dads and so forth in this thread, but there's also Baby Mummas/Centrelink mums who churn out kids as part of a strategy in not having to work for a living who're also worthy of criticism. So, too, are the women who use getting sole/majority custody of the kids in a divorce/relationship break down as a means of getting him to prop up her lifestyle and/or her not having to work. Given the lack of oversight in child support in ensuring that funds are spent solely on the child, CS is more or less alimony in disguise. Alimony is one of the last forms of legalized slavery in the world, for a man doesn't get any benefits that otherwise would be had in the relationship but is still legally forced into paying much of his former missus' and children's way.

A man paying his fair share for kid(s) is well and good, but I believe how much a man should pay should be weighted by how much he gets to see his kids, as well as only paying his fair share for the kid(s) needs, not wants, when the kids are with her. Take the cash and prizes incentive away from women to frivolously divorce/dissolve the relationship with him in this day and age of no fault divorce and we'd soon see women changing their easy come, easy go strategy to relationships and see more kids getting more well rounded, thus better, upbringings by having both parents around to provide the benefit of both masculine and feminine characteristics and perspectives. There needs to be strict oversight for CS, for no moneys whatsoever should be allowed to be used by the former missus' own wants and needs with the funds he provides; but such won't happen in this backwards, politically correct, gynocentric society we currently live in that panders to women's every whim, whether rational or not.

There's some talk involving scenarios with violent dads and so forth in this thread, but there's also Baby Mummas/Centrelink mums who churn out kids as part of a strategy in not having to work for a living
Where ARE these people? How many of them are there?

I think you've been watching too many 'current affairs' TV shows.

Where ARE these people? How many of them are there?

I think you've been watching too many 'current affairs' TV shows.

This thread has some talk as to why single mothers leave the father of their children. Hence "There's some talk involving scenarios with violent dads and so forth in this thread".

It's been suggested ITT that there's no reason to criticize and/or shame single mothers. I raised a point or two in which cases single mothers should be criticized.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back