Preview Pre-match v Port Adelaide - Sunday 4:40 (MCG) (out: Seeds, Young, BenKen; In: Armstrong, Fas, Dwyer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Armstrong *sigh*

All the ins and outs 'sigh'
Hav to say, buckley has definately sucked the fun out of football for me this past 12-18 months. Very disenchanted with whats going on down there

Wouldnt suprise me the least if kennedy decides he wants to return home. Thats a slap in the face for him being replaced by the likes of armstrong and dwyer.

No grundy or thomas in the side , players like blair, white, armstrong and dwyer getting games. we will get done by a lazy 5 goals

Armstrong *sigh*

All the ins and outs 'sigh'
Hav to say, buckley has definately sucked the fun out of football for me this past 12-18 months. Very disenchanted with whats going on down there

Wouldnt suprise me the least if kennedy decides he wants to return home. Thats a slap in the face for him being replaced by the likes of armstrong and dwyer.

No grundy or thomas in the side , players like blair, white, armstrong and dwyer getting games. we will get done by a lazy 5 goals

An assessment needs to be done on Armstrong to see if he's worth persisting with next year or not. He needs to get a chance at some stage this year to prove that. I think it's a good time for him to come in. Everyone bitch's about our efficiency so with both him and Fas coming in may be the positive coaching move with reasoning that we've been waiting for. God knows Buck's has been pour in this department lately.
Dwyer IMO offers more at this stage than Kennedy or JT so happy to have him back in for some balance. Hope Martin was read the riot act during the week and gets a full game to settle and shows us his capabilities.

Another week with the same forward line would also be a positive thing. Gotta give Cloke, White, Elliot & Reid more than a week to Gel.

Come on Pies lets do it.

Armstrong in and Kennedy out pisses me off. A kid who has, (and deserves) a go vs a 3rd club player who doesn't really have a go.
It's all well and good to say TA can kick blah blah, of more importance to me is what the hell we are doing to the young kid's confidence!
I can only pray that Blairy trips up the stairs and pulls his hammy, (certainly out for 8 weeks then) and Kennedy gets his chance.

Positives
The past two weeks Bucks has given those players who are performing in the VFL and opportunity Armstrong and Martin
Young is being held to account for his form.

Negatives
Why Kennedy (I am thinking of many conspiracies)
Why not Blair.

Very happy with the changes feel the committee although forced has got it right this week.

Firstly to all you haters Kennedy is not staying in the side for seedsman/Langdon, I'm not having Kennedy play back pocket.

Point two. Reality and fact is Kennedy is not fit enough to play at AFL level yet. So two things can happen. A. He gets dropped for someone who is (Dwyer, fas whoever) or B. He is the sub.

Both of these outcomes get your panties in a knot and you start cracking the shits anyway. Buckley is in a no win situation here.

If a player wants to leave because he can't get a regular game in his second year, cya later. We're not a bottom 4 side, games aren't gifted to people just because your young, especially because we're still fighting for a top 8 spot. These are good changes, be positive.

Last week everyone was upset because no one at the club can kick, we bring in 2 of our best users at the club and another good user and still not happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does Dwyer give us that Kennedy doesn't?

Dwyer has a good footy brain and is very handy around the forward 50 mtr arc.
His delivery to our forwards is normally very good.
He lowers his eyes instead of just bombing it long and high.
He also has very clean hands around the pack and seems to find space when needed.
His defensive side of his game sometimes goes wanting though.

Over all, I'm happy with the changes, because BK definately needs a full game, which he will get in the reserves.
Looking forward to seeing how Armstrong goes.
If his kicking is as good as some people on here rave about, he will be a handy inclusion.

All of Armstrong, Dwyer and Fasolo are good users of the ball, which is what every one on here has been bitching about for some time now.
Hopefully they live up to their reputation and give our forward some good delivery.
God knows they deserve it.

So who out of Dywer, Blair, Armstrong and Martin gets the green vest of death this week?

I'd like to see Blair given it, but have the feeling K-Mart or Dwyer will get it, which will be a mistake.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwyer named in the squad, even as sub.
His sure hands and smart use of the footy around the 50m arc is exactly what our side need now.
Especially as we now have 3 talls plus Elliott in there.
I like Dwyer as a sub option. As you mentioned, clean hands and smart with the footy. One of our better thinkers when moving the ball into the forward line

I like Dwyer as a sub option. As you mentioned, clean hands and smart with the footy. One of our better thinkers when moving the ball into the forward line
So why wouldn't you want him on the field? Considering our forward line entries have been terrible most of the season

Dwyer has a good footy brain and is very handy around the forward 50 mtr arc.
His delivery to our forwards is normally very good.
He lowers his eyes instead of just bombing it long and high.
He also has very clean hands around the pack and seems to find space when needed.
His defensive side of his game sometimes goes wanting though.

Over all, I'm happy with the changes, because BK definately needs a full game, which he will get in the reserves.
Looking forward to seeing how Armstrong goes.
If his kicking is as good as some people on here rave about, he will be a handy inclusion.

All of Armstrong, Dwyer and Fasolo are good users of the ball, which is what every one on here has been bitching about for some time now.
Hopefully they live up to their reputation and give our forward some good delivery.
God knows they deserve it.

Fas yes, and I am hopeful he can do good work back or forward. Needs to be persisted with I think, get confidence back in his play and his teammates in him.

Dwyer hasnt been so good in recent weeks, that was one of the noticable things, his formerly good disposal into 50 went astray before he got dropped and made his lack of defnsive side stand out. Which is why im surprised he is back frankly as I dont think he is any better than Kennedy or JT on more recent form. Frankly this is the puzzling one for me, and troubling to me. Frankly, every week for several weeks now, Ive seen one selection at least that appears obviously wrong, and this is the one for me this time. Its one reason Ive been disillusioned.

Armstrong has looked better when played forward in the 2nds, and you are right, there has been good disposal into the forward line on occasions. The price has been a continued defensive unacountability that gets punished when forced back and sometimes off half forward. If we play him back, it could get ugly. If we play him off half forward, will need to keep an eye on his man to see if the disposal outweighs their influence. I'm sceptical, but I am glad to see Bucks trying it. WOrth a look to see what he can bring under AFL pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back