Preview Pre-match v Port Adelaide - Sunday 4:40 (MCG) (out: Seeds, Young, BenKen; In: Armstrong, Fas, Dwyer)

Remove this Banner Ad

Put the Sack on notice due to form and contract talks and give it to him. He would also be a good impact player when required with the vest

He'd be a poor choice. He averages about 10 possies a game. Your sub needs to come on and get it 8-10 times in the last quarter and a bit. It's clearly going to be Marto or Dwyer.

Goldsack will be required down back this week on Stewart/Westhoff or even a Monfries.

he did against Gold Coast and then got made sub again and sorta looked bemused. To be honest he needs a couple games under his belt. Cant keep being a sub all the time. Feel for him, one of the few blokes who actually shows that they are giving 100%.
He isnt going anywhere, he was always going to take a while cause of his size but he will be a beauty.

Good post. I can only think that he picked up a minor niggle/injury or pulled up really sore after the suns game. Well enough to still play but they decided to manage his workload for the following month. Who knows he might even be a late in on Sunday. If not I have no doubt he will go back and carve it up at VFL level. He's a little ripper. What I saw live at Metricon was a star being born. The kid can seriously play and from next year onwards he will be doing it on a weekly basis at AFL level.

He has started in one game, GC. He seemed to do well and his kicking problems were non existant. It seems that he struggles to get in a game off the bench, no surprise there as he has to get into the tempo and warm up.

Bucks is an idiot, he does not rate skills and x factor, just battlers and work horses.

Ironic. You're an idiot if you truly think that.

Armstrong and Fasolo kicking it to the same forward line, Cloke and Reid will be licking their lips.

He has started in one game, GC. He seemed to do well and his kicking problems were non existant. It seems that he struggles to get in a game off the bench, no surprise there as he has to get into the tempo and warm up.

Bucks is an idiot, he does not rate skills and x factor, just battlers and work horses.

Yes, Tony Armstrong and Sam Dwyer, both widely known for their lack of skills and famous for being a 'battlers and a work horses'.

FWIW I think we will lose as our issues in the past 6 games tap right into Port's strength. We lose the clearances and struggle to shut the opposition run due to our inability to close spaces and our midfield's inability to defend as a unit.

But I think the selections are interesting. A way to reward VFL form, putting pressure on AFL players who are underperforming. And clearly we have identified foot skills as a huge weakness and I agree. Unfortunately I think our problems won't be solved so easily. Our team is currently unbalanced. We'll see how we go and that will help us in determining our direction for the rest if the season, pre season, and draft and trading period.

Yes, Tony Armstrong and Sam Dwyer, both widely known for their lack of skills and famous for being a 'battlers and a work horses'.

FWIW I think we will lose as our issues in the past 6 games tap right into Port's strength. We lose the clearances and struggle to shut the opposition run due to our inability to close spaces and our midfield's inability to defend as a unit.

But I think the selections are interesting. A way to reward VFL form, putting pressure on AFL players who are underperforming. And clearly we have identified foot skills as a huge weakness and I agree. Unfortunately I think our problems won't be solved so easily. Our team is currently unbalanced. We'll see how we go and that will help us in determining our direction for the rest if the season, pre season, and draft and trading period.

We actually won the clearances and contested footy last week. It was just Adelaide did more damage on the outside with their run. Hopefully Dwyer, Armstrong and Fas can help us in this regard. Hence why they've been selected.

Enjoy everyone :)

Tony Armstrong VFL Highlights (Past Two Games)

I for one am going to enjoy seeing someone in a black and white jumper lowering the eyes and having the ability to spot up a nice short target.
Robert Harvey made a career out of it;)

Good luck to him, not convinced he's earned a spot but I hope he rips it up and makes all us doubters look more than a tad silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be disappointed if Kennedy left but I can understand if he was homesick after playing VFL for most of the year. He has been here for two years with little AFL game time, so I would understand his frustration and him considering and offer if a SA team was interested.

Having said all that, he is close with Grundy so I don't think he would be that homesick after being with one of his best mates but then again that is just an educated guess.

I doubt he leave and you said a major reason with the 2nd Paragraph. He is close with Grundy and they are BFF’s so I doubt he would leave

Enjoy everyone :)

Tony Armstrong VFL Highlights (Past Two Games)

I for one am going to enjoy seeing someone in a black and white jumper lowering the eyes and having the ability to spot up a nice short target.
Robert Harvey made a career out of it;)

Yeh cant wait to see his precision 20-30 sideway kicks, also cant wait to see any of wingard, monfries or gray tear him a new one.

Cant defend !!!

Kennedy has the talent and will probably have a longer career but Dwyer is really trustworthy in his disposal and decision making - his only shortcoming is his kicking length and speed.

Dwyer's form seems to have taken a hit since he copped that knee injury early in the year. Hopefully it's something he can overcome and he's back to his creative best as we certainly need it.

We actually won the clearances and contested footy last week. It was just Adelaide did more damage on the outside with their run. Hopefully Dwyer, Armstrong and Fas can help us in this regard. Hence why they've been selected.

It's quite a tricky stat though. Last sunday you felt that everytime there was a contest or melee Adelaide would end up on top and running out of it.

he did against Gold Coast and then got made sub again and sorta looked bemused. To be honest he needs a couple games under his belt. Cant keep being a sub all the time. Feel for him, one of the few blokes who actually shows that they are giving 100%.
He isnt going anywhere, he was always going to take a while cause of his size but he will be a beauty.
Hey Pricey as a SA native, what's your take on the Broomy wants to head home rumours ? Rubbish or some basis ?

Kennedy has the talent and will probably have a longer career but Dwyer is really trustworthy in his disposal and decision making - his only shortcoming is his kicking length and speed.
Also Dwyer is the same age as Lumumba and Young so can still be of use to us for another 2-3 years. I don't understand why posters don't think Dwyer is worthy of game time.
Although they play different positions I would also rather back Dwyer's future at the club than Young's. I don't see Young featuring in our best 22 next year and if Armstrong shows something Sunday and beyond then it would be enough in my eyes to play him over Young for the remainder of this year.

Hope Pendlebury doesn't bugger up.
He stuffed up in the first quarter the other day, missing two easy shots at goal that would have given us some breathing space and put then on them back foot.

We had the Lead vs Frankston in the 4th and TA did his best Heath Shaw chucking a Tanty Impersonation and Gave the Dolphins are Easy Goal and they went on to win easily. Because of that Momentum Changers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back