Random The new and improved random chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Southerners and your anti-Rugby sentiments. :eek:
Personally, I love watching Rugby and I am a massive Tahs fan.
Granted it wasn't a great spectacle tonight, but that's the way those dastardly Crusaders like to play.
It was a record crowd for a Super XV's match @ 61,000 fans but the atmosphere was a little meh.
Methinks us Tahs fans probably got a little nervous that another choke was coming our way because we were electric in the first 15 minutes.

Yeah sorry its just dull to me grab a ball run at people 5 times or whatever then swap

Yep

Then they call it football.....

Nah, only the ignorant have ever called Rugby 'football'. Rugby is, and always has been, rugby.

Worst game ever invented, didn't even know what a tahs is

You obviously know nothing about the game, makes your opinion about it ignorant. But that's cool, you don't have to like Rugby... that won't spoil my enjoyment of the game.

I think you will find that there are a lot of Swans fans that are also Rugby fans.

That's League. Rugby you can hold onto the ball as long as you want to, if you are good enough.

True i got into league for a bit but it went downhill

Union didnt mind the wallabies for a bit

But just doest interest me cant watch without comparing to afl

But each to their own of course

I watch league from time to time, solely to watch Storm though, never watch a game as a neutral, don't love it don't hate it. Just like to see the purple pride stick it to you lot up north!

I couldn't turn a Union game off quick enough, I just don't get it. I dare say about %85 of the population down here don't either. Very rarely gets mentioned and I don't know anyone who follows it.

Those I've met north of Vic that support union have this kind of elitist persona over those who rather league, what's the go?

Whats it called when they throw the guy up in the air for a tap and is it legal to do in AFL if a player was having a shot outside 50 and it was done on the goal line?

Whats it called when they throw the guy up in the air for a tap and is it legal to do in AFL if a player was having a shot outside 50 and it was done on the goal line?

Line drop out? I hear that get thrown around a bit?

Nah pretty sure it's illegal and results in a free kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what?
A Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player or a Team where
the field Umpire is of the opinion that:
(c) a Player has lifted a Player or climbed on the shoulders
of a Player from the same Team. This Free Kick shall
be taken by a Player from the opposing Team where
the infringement occurred or where the football is at
the time of the infringement, whichever is the greater
penalty against the offending Team;

Status
Not open for further replies.