Exodus Watch 2014 - Go hard or go home

Remove this Banner Ad

More great news.

Would it be wrong to turn this into a challenge.

What would happen for example, if I were to offer a "valuable prize"* to the first member of our board to get themselves banned from the Adelaide board, through their wanton triumphalism, once Aish's re-signing is announced.

*"valuable prize" is a technical term and may in this instance refer to a prize of little or no value, or no prize as the case may be

Last edited:

On McStay I think he has shown enough to get a pretty good upgrade. At this point in time I think he would be playing a lot of games next year.

Very pleasing on the back of all the stuff that seems to indicate our off-field is on the improve, that we can re-sign a lot of the boys who will be responsible for the improvements onfield.

Think back only 12 months ago, disjointed board, sacked coach, rumours of young talent disgruntled / leaving. Now look.

A very big week on the back of a big month rounding out a big year. Now we need a big offseason and some onfield gains in 2015, with Bigger things after that.

More great news.

What would happen for example, if I were to offer a "valuable prize"* to the first member of our board to get themselves banned from the Adelaide board, through their wanton triumphalism, once Aish's re-signing is announced.

*"valuable prize" is a technical term and may in this instance refer to a prize of little or no value, or no prize as the case may be
We could say the prize is priceless. And we wouldn't be lying.

Quite uplifting really. Especially in regards to Marco. Glad to see that Gardiner and Taylor have resigned as well. Things like this just make that dark cloud that has been hanging over our club less so IMO. Quite jack of the 'five' and stoked to be moving on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got off a plane to the news of Squizzy and Dizzy re-signing. Great news and a great way to return from North Queensland.

Now if my wife has foreseen enough to have booze waiting when I get home I'll have won the trifecta!

This thread is single handedly responsible for these three signings IMO
It was true leadership by one man to create this thread when the Lions needed it most.

It was true leadership by one man to create this thread when the Lions needed it most.

Went back to page one expecting to see ZoBlitz as the initial poster or otherwise make a 'helpful' comment ... I think maybe I should just keep quiet! :cool:

aka Hail Zoblitz!

Went back to page one expecting to see ZoBlitz as the initial poster or otherwise make a 'helpful' comment ... I think maybe I should just keep quiet! :cool:

aka Hail Zoblitz!
Well create might have been a strong word, maybe "move some other posts into a new thread and call it the Exodus Watch"...

There's a lot of talk about how Aish slipped to 7 because of potential homesickness, more so than the usual draftee because of family links. How much of it was because of that though?

Boyd and Kelly fit into the GWS trend of drafting Vic Metro players.
St. Kilda took Billings which was no real shock as he was rated that highly plus he was Victorian.
Bulldogs of recent times have gone for a Victorian to fight off the 'going home' risk (regardless of how much a risk the interstate options were) even if it involved reaching a bit.
Gold Coast love their Tasmanian players, and Kolodjashnij fitted their need for a running HB.
Collingwood had the choice of two South Australians, and took the one they rated the highest.

The teams above us seem to have trends that involve drafting players from specific states prior to this draft and Aish being available. I don't feel they specifically passed on Aish because he specifically was known to be a flight risk.

Last edited:
Especially when we look back at previous drafts and there are always players that slide. Usually the ones that are rated highly at the start of the year, and they either don't live up to hype, or are simply overtaken in the hype stakes by newer players who explode onto the scene late, making those players drop down a bit. Rich and Aish are both cases of highly rated players that slipped down, and I don't believe Aish was for purely homesick reasons either.

Aish doesn't strike me as the type to sign a contract early though. Having such strong links to SA and the Crows, I can see his manager making us sweat a bit and try get the best contract available. On the back of what Swann said about having to overpay players to keep them here, perhaps what we need to do is get on the front foot a bit more and offer them a bonus if they sign in their first year. Give them a signing bonus of 50k for each additional year they extend their contract, but make it very clear to the managers that this only applies for the first year. Next year that offer will be going to the next crop of youngsters, and they will still have a contract on the table, but it will be minus the early signing bonus.

I read lots on the forum about how James doesnt smile much, how he still has a red and blue mouthguard etc etc. Heres an alternative on James. My mate was in Melbourne for Richmond and had his 12 year old son with him at the last training session. Photos with Zorks, Greeny, Goose et al. James pipes up and says "Hey how bout getting your photo taken with me!"
Just putting it out there that we read far too much into snippets of what we see. I too am nervous after last year, but cant believe the club a) would'nt have done a lot of due diligence prior to the draft and b) would'nt have put different structures in place around player retention.
So, have just finished watching the replay......using the James not smiling index as a measure of whether he is going to stay with us...........he was high fiving the kids after the game, laughing as he went into the rooms and I do believe he broke into a jig when singing the song (that could have been Goose getting him in a headlock though).....surely a signature soon!!

So, have just finished watching the replay......using the James not smiling index as a measure of whether he is going to stay with us...........he was high fiving the kids after the game, laughing as he went into the rooms and I do believe he broke into a jig when singing the song (that could have been Goose getting him in a headlock though).....surely a signature soon!!

Red and blue mouthguard which lined up with our guernsey on the weekend...

...or the Crows. The mystery deepens!!!

Rich slid to us and he was rated higher in his junior year then aish was. Players slide, wouldn't be too worried about aish unless it's this stage next year and there is still no pen to paper!!!

More great news.

Nah you wont get banned on our board if you post on it saying "haha, you didnt get Aish". Its one of the least moderated boards on big fòoty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back