The race for the top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

So you're the one listener who follows him?

He is seriously the worst person in football journalism.

Whenever he comes out with a story you can bet your house on the opposite happening.

I'd have more concerns over Johnson then Ballantyne.

I repeated what I heard - I didn't claim it to be gospel
Between hagdorn and reddings (I think that's his name) it's hard to choose who I dislike more
Personally I couldn't give a toss whether he plays or not

you lot are drama queens aren't you?

Barlow and Fyfe are two of the best midfielders in the game right at the moment. To suggest you have adequate stocks who will come right in and replace them for a couple of weekends is not happening.
Mundy will now cop the tag, this places a little extra pressure on Hill and others to step it up and at the same time, you won't be getting those crucial score involvements that Fyfe has been delivering this month.

Oh well we may as well pack up our season then I guess.

Haha, North beat Hawthorn fair and square this year but in a final Hawks would have no need to worry.

I still get very very nervous - they never seem to have those psychotic moments against us
Personally I think it's pretty tough this year - no matter who you play. Going to have to be totally switched on right from the first bounce

Yeah, its an important game. The winner gets a qualifying final against Sydney in Sydney (that will be easy!!!) whereas the loser gets a home final against the side that finishes 8th. Only way finishing fourth is of any value is if you win that qualifying final. Lose and you have to take the harder road to the grand final - the same as if you finish outside of the top 4.
I don't see Freo being any chance for a flag this year unless they finish top 4 and win the QF.

Don't be surprised if there are a few late "niggles" before our game this week with our emergencies getting a run.

Port's effort tonight has made it a fight for the top four next week - winner take all. Should we not beat Port, it may well be a double whammy for us. Perhaps losing pure home ground advantage for the 5v8 final because I suspect the eagirls might slip into 8th.

Who would've guessed that the missed shot after the siren v Geelong could have such ramifications?

Don't be surprised if there are a few late "niggles" before our game this week with our emergencies getting a run.

Port's effort tonight has made it a fight for the top four next week - winner take all. Should we not beat Port, it may well be a double whammy for us. Perhaps losing pure home ground advantage for the 5v8 final because I suspect the eagirls might slip into 8th.

Who would've guessed that the missed shot after the siren v Geelong could have such ramifications?
Losing to St Kilda was the killer.

So to conclude, should the Swans beat the dogs, 1st is theirs regardless of the Richmond game because they would have to lose and drop a lot of percentage for the Hawks to catch them.

The Cats vs Hawks game is a game for top 2. Position doesn't matter for either team because it will be played at the MCG on Friday night.

The winner of the Freo/Port game is definitely going to lose the following week, but it's a massive game all the same for top 4 and a chance at a GF birth.

Personally I think the top 4 will stay exactly as it is, but I'd love the two underdogs to get up, just because it's always good to see the underdogs win.

Friday: Hawks vs Cats
Saturday: Swans vs Freo

So to conclude, should the Swans beat the dogs, 1st is theirs regardless of the Richmond game because they would have to lose and drop a lot of percentage for the Hawks to catch them.

The Cats vs Hawks game is a game for top 2. Position doesn't matter for either team because it will be played at the MCG on Friday night.

The winner of the Freo/Port game is definitely going to lose the following week, but it's a massive game all the same for top 4 and a chance at a GF birth.

Personally I think the top 4 will stay exactly as it is, but I'd love the two underdogs to get up, just because it's always good to see the underdogs win.

Friday: Hawks vs Cats
Saturday: Swans vs Freo

your forgetting the possibility of geelong beating the hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your forgetting the possibility of geelong beating the hawks.

They probably will, but Collingwood won't get near us next week and therefor we will likely finish 3rd. One way or another it's going to be a Geelong vs Hawthorn Qualifying final regardless of who wins tonight's match.

Last edited:
your all a s**t load more confident of us beating richmond then i am.

I don't think Richmond will win. They might keep up for a half against the Swans but I can't see them winning next week. If it was at the MCG then I'd give them a fair chance. Not at ANZ though.

They probably will, but Collingwood won't get near us next week and therefor we will likely finish 3rd. One way or another it's going to be a Geelong vs Hawthorn Preliminary final regardless of who wins.
qualifying you mean, because it would mean hawks or cats finish 4th if swans dont finish 1st for a hawks/cats prelim

There is one more possibility: if Freo belt Brissy and then perhaps a 5 goal win v Port whilst Cats beat Hawks by 5 or 6 goals and then Collingwood at least make it tight v Hawks in the last round - then the % gap between us and Hawks may be bridged. Highly unlikely scenario but not out of the question.

Then: SYD V Hawks
Geel v Freo

but imagine watching that game v Hawthorn minus 55 disposals (26 contested), 13 tackles, 3 goals and 2 assists plus a plethora of scoring involvements and you simply don't win that ball game.

That is what you will be missing without Fyfe or Barlow in midfield.
I know! We all know they can't be 'replaced', but you'd think the match committee would at least put another couple of blokes into the team right?:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back