Mega Thread Port v Freo discussion - all together now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Care to explain the fact that it happened in the last quarter as other people have pointed out and he was well held the entire game?
Why? It makes no difference to my previous statement.

We got destroyed in ruck last time.Renouf was a massive hindrance and Trengove smashing Sandilands in the last was the turning point.

Why? It makes no difference to my previous statement.

This was your statement:
I have no doubt that Ballantyne will have a better game as long as his jaw remains unbroken this time.

Implying that it was the broken jaw that affected his performance. For three and a half quarters, Ballantyne did nothing. Then he gets injured, and you think that excuses his poor performance for the match against Impey who toweled him up?

If you had said "I have no doubt that Ballantyne will have a better game" people could have agreed or disagreed, but it's just an opinion. When you add the broken jaw into it...it becomes a lame excuse.

-

Jonas has played on the smalls before and done very well - he stitched up Betts - he obviously lacks a little in speed and agility, but his strength, defensive positioning and concentration are all first class which is what you need against a smart small forward. I am tipping Jonas to Ballantyne and Impey to Walters.
If that's the case, then why wouldn't you run jonas on walters and impey on balla? The match up you suggest sounds backwards.

This was your statement:

Implying that it was the broken jaw that affected his performance. For three and a half quarters, Ballantyne did nothing. Then he gets injured, and you think that excuses his poor performance for the match against Impey who toweled him up?

If you had said "I have no doubt that Ballantyne will have a better game" people could have agreed or disagreed, but it's just an opinion. When you add the broken jaw into it...it becomes a lame excuse.
Cool story bro.

Are you suggesting a broken jaw didn't affect his performance?

I have no doubt that Ballantyne will have a better game as long as his jaw remains unbroken this time.

I love Fremantle supporters thinking how great it is that Pavlich and Barlow are playing. They played the last time we met too, you know. Along with Fyfe. By any stretch of the imagination, their team is significantly weaker thanks to Fyfe's brain fade. Their only significant in from last time is Walters - but since Fyfe isn't there, getting the ball to him is going to be that much harder.

Meanwhile, we get our number one ruck in Lobbe who is going to run Sandilands into the ground (replacing Renouf aka The Inanimate Carbon Rod), Tom Jonas who is going to layeth the smackdown on whatever fool he lines up on (replacing Dom Cassisi), Jake Neade who is going to run riot on the open spaces of Subiaco (replacing Kane Mitchell - Kane had a good game against the Dockers, but Neade is the better player) and Andrew Moore who is going to crash into guys like Barlow and really test out that finger (replacing Aaron Young).

We're really scared...bring it on.

What happened way back in round 8 when Freo last played Port is pretty irrelevant. Fact is that Freo has won 11 of its past 13 games including two weeks ago against the reigning premiers. Port has won 7 of its past 13 games and in the past 7 weeks has played one very good game against a bottom 8 side and 6 very average games. That's the best form gauge to take into this weekend's game.

I love Fremantle supporters thinking how great it is that Pavlich and Barlow are playing. They played the last time we met too, you know. Along with Fyfe. By any stretch of the imagination, their team is significantly weaker thanks to Fyfe's brain fade. Their only significant in from last time is Walters - but since Fyfe isn't there, getting the ball to him is going to be that much harder.

Meanwhile, we get our number one ruck in Lobbe who is going to run Sandilands into the ground (replacing Renouf aka The Inanimate Carbon Rod), Tom Jonas who is going to layeth the smackdown on whatever fool he lines up on (replacing Dom Cassisi), Jake Neade who is going to run riot on the open spaces of Subiaco (replacing Kane Mitchell - Kane had a good game against the Dockers, but Neade is the better player) and Andrew Moore who is going to crash into guys like Barlow and really test out that finger (replacing Aaron Young).

We're really scared...bring it on.
You just keep telling yourself that.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened way back in round 8 when Freo last played Port is pretty irrelevant. Fact is that Freo has won 11 of its past 13 games including two weeks ago against the reigning premiers. Port has won 7 of its past 13 games and in the past 7 weeks has played one very good game against a bottom 8 side and 6 very average games. That's the best form gauge to take into this weekend's game.
If what happened in round 8 is irrelevant, then form against different teams (up to 13 rounds ago at that lol) is also irrelevant. I think you're just cherry picking one of two legitimate gauges of where both teams are at against eachother to suit your side.

Cool story bro.

I hate when I genuinely can't tell if someone is trolling, or just really stupid.

Bring it on brother, well b waiting for u on Saturday!
As batman put across. Bring it on. Barlow is tough and very fair and anyone that messes with him will have to sit next to hq n bateman on a trip across the nullabor.

INJURIES
Port Adelaide:
Matthew Lobbe (calf) replaced in selected side by Brent Renouf
Fremantle: Nil

so your saying he broke his jaw and was unable to play ??

This post gave me a heart attack, heck you elsler :p

Cool story bro.

I'm suggesting you're non compos mentis. His jaw wasn't broken until the last quarter...you know, the one where we ran all over the top of your team of invincible warriors with their purple superman wharfie capes? The one where the ball wasn't even down your scoring end for much of it?

So yeah...I'm suggesting he was s**t the entire match. Now jog on.

I'm suggesting you're non compos mentis. His jaw wasn't broken until the last quarter...you know, the one where we ran all over the top of your team of invincible warriors with their purple superman wharfie capes? The one where the ball wasn't even down your scoring end for much of it?

It seems then that you would be confident that Ballantyne won't have a better game this time around then. Care to back that up with a little wager?

It seems then that you would be confident that Ballantyne won't have a better game this time around then. Care to back that up with a little wager?

He may or may not have a better game, but either way it will have nothing to do with a broken jaw that he suffered late in the last quarter last time our sides met after Impey had pantsed him all day.

Who do you have as your avatar, Don Quixote? Go fight some other windmill, bub.

I wouldn't get too cocky. Considering you apparently ran all over us in the last quarter you only won by 3 goals. It's hardly a landslide victory. It becomes less impressive when you account for the fact that the fourth quarter where "you ran all over us" was mostly due to us being 2 guys down Hill went out with a knee injury and Ballantyne had a broken jaw. You guys are a good side, but you're being a bit arrogant mate. Besides that was at Adelaide oval. How'd you guys go in Round 22 last year over at pattersons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back