Moved Thread Ben Griffiths Contract Discussion - SIgned

How much would you offer Griffiths per year (assume 2yr contract)?

• Lower

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 4.5%

Votes: 22 14.3%

Votes: 67 43.5%

Votes: 42 27.3%

Votes: 6 3.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Higher

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So back to the point of the thread? Anyone got any ideas what we are paying the kid? Also any idea what other clubs were offering? All i'm going to say is...thank goodness we played to win in the second half of the year. I can't help but feel that the attractiveness of the place is sky high atm and if we went into Melbourne mode....well who knows what the mindset of guys like Griff would be!! Very happy. Good job Tigers

So back to the point of the thread? Anyone got any ideas what we are paying the kid? Also any idea what other clubs were offering? All i'm going to say is...thank goodness we played to win in the second half of the year. I can't help but feel that the attractiveness of the place is sky high atm and if we went into Melbourne mode....well who knows what the mindset of guys like Griff would be!! Very happy. Good job Tigers
That run home might help is attract other players through free agency or a trade as well. It should also help us with coaching appointments and was so important it's not funny. We went from a destination club with great facilities last year into a club that didn't reward form and gave players free rides and paid badly for it.

The way the club turned it around is a credit to themselves . With out fixing the rot that set it we would not be a chance to persuade guys like Lenny Hayes to join us or entice players to come or in Bens case , sign on again.

Bloody fantastic turn around. Now we have to figure out the cheapest and most effective way to get Shaun Hampson off our list and then start rebuilding our ruck stocks in case Maric gets injured again otherwise we are F;&ked .

Kudos once again to the club for standing firm and keeping a player for what he's worth both in yrs and $$$$$$$$$ terms.
Next!!!!!!!
o_O I thought both parties came to a deal on terms and costs. It's called an agreement or contract
This is why it took weeks to get right
I think the club backed off more than tightened the belt. You could be right though but we will never know

Kudos once again to the club for standing firm and keeping a player for what he's worth both in yrs and $$$$$$$$$ terms.
Next!!!!!!!

You make it sound like there was some big rift.:D

What I like is that the player had x in his mind, the club had their own x. They met, they negotiated, and they got the job done with minimal fuss.

As some others have posted Richmond is a place where players want to be and are prepared to sacrifice a bit to stay. Geelong won premierships on the back of this.

o_O I thought both parties came to a deal on terms and costs. It's called an agreement or contract
This is why it took weeks to get right
I think the club backed off more than tightened the belt. You could be right though but we will never know
Well i think where Griff is atm its hard to gauge what his worth is.On field numbers don't stack up that well but the things he does do makes you think twice.Thats where i think the club is/was at with Griff.Didn't want to sell the farm to him but also didn't want to lose him,Just in case.If Griff improves on his output on the field like Dusty has this year then he'll get his rewards done the track.

What I like is that the player had x in his mind, the club had their own x. They met, they negotiated, and they got the job done with minimal fuss.

As some others have posted Richmond is a place where players want to be and are prepared to sacrifice a bit to stay. Geelong won premierships on the back of this.
Griff is no Otto thats for sure.:D

yes ,but i think the club ALSO made a sacrifice:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i think where Griff is atm its hard to gauge what his worth is.On field numbers don't stack up that well but the things he does do makes you think twice.Thats where i think the club is/was at with Griff.Didn't want to sell the farm to him but also didn't want to lose him,Just in case.If Griff improves on his output on the field like Dusty has this year then he'll get his rewards done the track.
I COMMEND THE CLUB GETTING IT DONE B4 THE SWOOPERS SET UPON US:)
fxxk cap locks:$

lol 1 million, not even close mate from what I heard. Where did you hear that figure from ?
lol 1 million, not even close mate from what I heard. Where did you hear that figure from ?
Its between WhackyTiger and me so butt out and stop spoiling my rumour :)

$1 mil over 2years is better than $1 mil over 4years:)hehhebehe
Off to the TAB boys;)
More like 2 years @ $300k per year with incentives to boost it. Also heard that is has a games clause that automatically gives him the 3rd year he wanted.

Great news, really uplifting announcement at the commencement of our finals campaign.

Awesome to secure Griff for at least the next two years, shows that we are building nicely. Will be a key this weekend.

Paul Connors doesn't manage any of our players, does he? :confused:

Great news, really uplifting announcement at the commencement of our finals campaign.

Awesome to secure Griff for at least the next two years, shows that we are building nicely. Will be a key this weekend.

Paul Connors doesn't manage any of our players, does he? :confused:
no but ralph carr does...

no but ralph carr does...

Carr and the way he handled Dusty's negotiation pissed me off, but god he was made for taking the piss out of

Have the RSCPA ever charged him for animal abuse? That gerbil on his head must be enduring all kinds of s**t

81134798.jpg

Back