What's your preferred Grand Final match up?

Your preferred grand final match up

• Sydney vs Hawthorn

Votes: 87 20.9%
  • Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Votes: 78 18.8%
  • Hawthorn vs North Melbourne

Votes: 74 17.8%
  • Port Adelaide a North Melbourne

Votes: 177 42.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

By default people seem to want what is least likely to occur. It gives the illusion of an exciting match up.

Personally, I want to see the two best attacking teams of this year go at it at full strength in front of 100,000 football fans. Because upsets are only fun until you see a thrashing the next week.

1. North vs. Port
2. North vs. Hawthorn
3. Sydney vs. Port
4. Sydney vs. Hawthorn
Just curious, do you prefer North v Port to North v Hawthorn because a win is likelier? To an extent I'd have thought you'd rather see North v Hawthorn - risk is higher but a) it's all Victorian (I usually prefer this to watching interstate sides) b) you get the chance to knock off Hawthorn in a GF and c) it'd be more memorable to beat a top side.

By default people seem to want what is least likely to occur. It gives the illusion of an exciting match up.

Personally, I want to see the two best attacking teams of this year go at it at full strength in front of 100,000 football fans. Because upsets are only fun until you see a thrashing the next week.

We had Hawthorn/Sydney GF in 2012 of course people want something different.

Just curious, do you prefer North v Port to North v Hawthorn because a win is likelier? To an extent I'd have thought you'd rather see North v Hawthorn - risk is higher but a) it's all Victorian (I usually prefer this to watching interstate sides) b) you get the chance to knock off Hawthorn in a GF and c) it'd be more memorable to beat a top side.

Hmm I'd give us a slightly better chance against Port since we have had a bit of experience on the G this finals series.
Hawks would also be a good matchup, either way I'd be stoked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember it being a pretty fantastic match to watch. If (when) it eventuates this year, it'll be the two best teams going at it. That's what a grand final is supposed to be.
If they're the two best sides they'll both win next week. Simple.

I remember it being a pretty fantastic match to watch. If (when) it eventuates this year, it'll be the two best teams going at it. That's what a grand final is supposed to be.

If North or Port made to the GF they would give it a real go.

Too simplistic. Even if the Pies kicked an extra goal in the 2007 prelim, Geelong were still the best team that year.

Geelong losing that PF to Collingwood would be akin to Essendon in 1999, Port would have won the GF over a tired Pies outfit
Would make Geelong 2008 = Essendon 2000 and win the flag easily, angry fueled flag

Back