Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're right, I suspect the whole coaching panel will be gone. The only one I can see potentially surviving the chop, rightly or wrongly, will be Bickley, but I suspect he'll go too.
Rowey said it will be brutal, Harper has to go as well

My fiancee was clearly excited to hear the news.

egExr2k.png
I'd take that sort of reply if it got me bangers and mash for dinner!

We need to know how Sanderson lost the players. Is Sanderson too soft and the players want the bar raised? It does sound like a revolt by the players, but the Board has a lot to answer for. They are responsible for strategy. Why have we decided to change strategy so soon after giving Sando a contract extension?

Right, that completely blindsided me. Was not expecting that at all.

Now that I've digested the news, I'm not 100% against it. I loved Sando the bloke. He was a genuinely nice guy. However I had started to come around to the view here that he probably wasn't the guy to take us to our next flag.

IMO the club took a step forward on Monday with Fagan's appointment. It's also my opinion that if we don't have an experienced person lined up for this job, it's going to be another step backwards. Another rookie coach is not the answer.

Rowe just said they spoke to Truck Rutten off air and what he said set off massive alarm bells about Sando and players relationship.. Rowe didn't want to go deeper into it..
Do people need any more convincing?
Even the Truck said it..

I feel for Sando but he treated some like golden children and others - he barely spoke to..
Even in his pressers you could hear the love for his favourites..
Hinkley loves all of his players and is all about team..
Hence the passion they play with for him and TOGETHER..

This x1,000,000

All we want is a coach that is invested in ALL of his players and actually talks to them a ALL on a weekly basis.

You would have to think with the trade period fast approaching they would have to have someone in mind or already lined up. No coach, no list manager, soon to be no assistant coaches, with our most important trade period coming up.
Noble just keeps getting busier!

We need to know how Sanderson lost the players. Is Sanderson too soft and the players want the bar raised? It does sound like a revolt by the players, but the Board has a lot to answer for. They are responsible for strategy. Why have we decided to change strategy so soon after giving Sando a contract extension?
Maybe the s**t he come up wasn't just confined to his press conferences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extension was done before he lost the players.
Nope.

There's not a day where every player is on board then then next day he's lost them all. It's a gradual process over a long period of time. Seeds would have been sown in 2013.

Senior players ?? So Sauce, Truck, Thommo........ the big 3 as well ??

Well, the rumours seemed to indicate that he played the blame game too often with the players and they got a bit sick of it and told him that he needed to take a good hard look at himself and his assistants before he started on them again.

Dew is a winner though.

Has won a Premiership with every club he has been involved with. Salisbury/Pooraka/Centrals/Port/Hawthorn/Sydney.

What's playing in a premiership, particular amateur football, got to do with being capable of coaching an AFL team to a flag? The only one of relevance is Sydney. How much has he had to do with their success? From an outsider looking in, not a huge amount. They were good when he started there and they're good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back