Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways, all the best to Sando. Take your 1.4 mill and go on a big holiday with your tidy wife knowing you leave with the best Win/Loss record in Crows Coach history.

Was interested to read your last comment so thought I'd look up the actual numbers. I know 1999 was real poor but am shocked to see how low Blight's overall % was.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/coaches/adelaide.html

no they haven't, the problem is free agency. hawthorn will be an attractive place to play, its why I don't like it.
I don't think they will be. They are not a big 4 and when they drop away onfield, they tend to do it properly and rebuild based on drafting. They might get the odd FA like the next Frawley type but Clarko/Board looks like he's coaching/acting for their own legacy and not next

Maybe it was out of their control? By the time the all the players were told, the story had leaked I imagine.
There is no right way to give someone the bullet, and it will be forgotten in a few weeks.

IMO it is a positive sign of a strong board that we have acted with the information received from the end of season review.

Good on the players for being honest about standards and loss of direction.

Wash all the emotion away and I think its pretty clear the correct thing has been done.

Clean sign that the players want success

He was still playing well, bled for the club and was adored by the fans.
Blight walked in and gave him his marching orders.
Oh he's pissed alright. He will never forgive.

He was part of two players groups that had sacked two coaches, Blight came in and got rid of those he thought were counter productive to the club, Bone, Root rat and Jars

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that explain the losses in key games?

From my understanding there were key issues with relationships. I think if we look at the way we went missing at key moments during many games may explain the players mental application with regards to their relationship with their coach.

If the relationship is strong they will go that extra yard, if its not players wont tough it out for their coach.

Which is why they should have informed players staff etc in the morning for an afternoon press conference.
There is never a perfect way of doing things when an employee gets the flick. Differing emotions, personalities, etc all play a part in making it an uncomfortable situation no matter what. Getting the timing right for all parties involved is almost impossible.

I don't think they will be. They are not a big 4 and when they drop away onfield, they tend to do it properly and rebuild based on drafting. They might get the odd FA like the next Frawley type but Clarko/Board looks like he's coaching/acting for their own legacy and not next

well we don't know what their strategy will be seeing as last time they dropped away free agency wasn't here. agree with clarko coaching for his own legacy tho so they will fall but I don't think they'll have to fall all the way down like the real undesirable clubs will. I still think free agency is gonna be skewed in favour of the big clubs and big cities

Which is why they should have informed players staff etc in the morning for an afternoon press conference.
But you're forgetting everybody is on holidays. Sloaneys phone was probably ringing on a surf beach somewhere in south east asia for ages before he answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back