Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're forgetting everybody is on holidays. Sloaneys phone was probably ringing on a surf beach somewhere in south east asia for ages before he answered.

I would presume that they have sms groups to send messages? Because you are right if they are on holidays the time difference etc

This decision must have been made at least 3-4 days ago if not a week ago.

Even then should have informed everyone in the morning in time for a press conference at 2pm.

The wheels would have been in motion longer than 3-4 days ago. What we shouldn't be critical of, which we don't know, is who had or hadn't been communicated.
Whether the supporters knew at 2.00pm today or 8.00pm tonight does it really matter in the whole scheme of things?

The most important thing here is that the club makes the correct choice on the next coach to lead our club.

So much for "accepting mediocrity"

We finish mid-table and everyone loses their heads. New CEO, new head coach, new list manager, new senior assistant.

We wished for a clean out, and that's what we got.
b9tMRR0.gif

You know those times when some of us have questioned the decisions made by Sando only to be told we don't work at the club and are ill informed, well it seems some at the club agreed with us.

I don't know. I sit back sometimes and think that my instincts were spot on, but then, not many clubs are achieving true success. Was I right, or is picking the eyes out of an unsuccessful club a deceptively soft target?

No Goody unless he's assistant!!:mad:

Maybe we could go with (as an example) a Blight/Goodwin or Blight/Bassett combo? Blight 2 years with handover to Goodwin or Bassett? A bit like the Sheedy thing at GWS? Not saying it would be Blight but maybe Matthews or Bomber. I don't think Fages would allow a rookie assistant to become head coach straight away. He says he wants elite.

or jokingly how about Sir Alex Ferguson? We have our rugby CEO now a soccer manager as coach?

Think there's a very good chance McKenna will be sacked tomorrow. And if he does, nobody's going to complain because Gold Coast have managed the situation perfectly. People are aware a meeting is happening tomorrow, they're aware there's a review taking place and they're aware that decisions may be made. Because people aren't in the dark and see the process unfolding, they're going to be inclined to assume the decision was well thought out.

Half leaking a decision to Bone and Rowe then turning off your phones and half announcing it after the media have already done it for you is nothing like that. It indicates a rash decision making process with no real accountability or structure or authority. Even if the decision was correct, the process of it actually happening and being communicated to those outside the inner sanctum has been botched so incredibly badly and is indicative of just how incompetent the administration of our club is. It's argument enough as to why the board need to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I'm not interested," said Thompson when asked about the job that had opened up at the Crows. "I wouldn't go there - especially now." Sanderson worked alongside "Bomber" at Geelong, where the pair forged a close relationship. Thompson had been in contact with Sanderson on Wednesday night, when the news of his sacking filtered through.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-sanderson-20140917-10if0t.html#ixzz3Da5CP2jS

Think there's a very good chance McKenna will be sacked tomorrow. And if he does, nobody's going to complain because Gold Coast have managed the situation perfectly. People are aware a meeting is happening tomorrow, they're aware there's a review taking place and they're aware that decisions may be made. Because people aren't in the dark and see the process unfolding, they're going to be inclined to assume the decision was well thought out.

Half leaking a decision to Bone and Rowe then turning off your phones and half announcing it after the media have already done it for you is nothing like that. It indicates a rash decision making process with no real accountability or structure or authority. Even if the decision was correct, the process of it actually happening and being communicated to those outside the inner sanctum has been botched so incredibly badly and is indicative of just how incompetent the administration of our club is. It's argument enough as to why the board need to go.
This.

Right decision for me, but clearly poorly orchestrated.

Re the bolded bit. Seriously can we stop this utter rubbish!!

How on earth would you know, how the hell could you make this claim???

*puts tinfoil hat on*
perhaps they wanted it to look rash and quick to give the impression that our CEO was behind it and hes an asskicking take no s**t mutha who fires the coach two days after showin up. just like we asked.
*takes tinfoil hat off*
but I like your idea better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back