Preview 1st Prelim Final: Sydney v North Melbourne, ANZ Stadium, Fri 19th September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Structural, we play him in defence, so Atley can play further up.
Nope. We need Atley down back IMO. He's the run and carry our backline needs.

What's the obsession with North supporters wanting to play him up the ground?

The Joel Tippett thing always felt like psyops. Not that I didn't enjoy it.
Not having a crack mate, just letting you know that Sydney/South Melbourne have never worn a sash going from top left to bottom right. It's always gone from top right to bottom left. Sorry, I'm kind of OCD when it come to footy jumpers.

Nope. We need Atley down back IMO. He's the run and carry our backline needs.

What's the obsession with North supporters wanting to play him up the ground?
Well because he's been playing up the ground, he had 8 inside fifty against Essendon, personally rather him in defence, but if he can midfield l'm all for it. In the essendon match he switched between MacMillan and Jacobs in defence.

The statement was that North's best was as good as the Swans' best which is blatantly untrue. You beat a very disheveled and low on confidence Swans in Round 4, not the Swans who rolled Geelong by 110 points.

That's true your best is better than ours but I don't think the gap is significant hence the delusional call is over the top for mine. Equally, I'm not sure to what extent both teams will show their best tomorrow (missing key backmen doesn't help our cause).

Having said that, in your example the North which beat you in Round 4 is certainly not as good as the North you'll face tomorrow and equally I'm sure you'll agree that the sub-par label attached to your side back at the beginning of the season could be equally applied to the Geelong that lost by 110 (no Geelong team at their best in the last 7 years regardless of opposition would lose by that much).

Seems we've become distracted from the game (or any form of analysis) and whenever someone brings up a point of discussion posters seem to be quite dismissive; "herr durr we came 1st for a reason we da best". I'm predicting a 3 goal-ish loss however, this attitude of Sydney invincibility is hardly conducive to intelligent discussion and doubtless plays a role in why threads fall into a troll fest.
No. I claimed that dismissing North optimism based on ladder position isn't overly constructive for discussion/debate. North, Sydney, and Hawthorn supporters alike have not covered themselves in glory in this thread it must be said.

Come on, man. Don't try rewriting history when its all here for everyone to see.

I'm not one of those Swans fans you're taking a shot at though. I'm actually quite worried about tomorrow night. I'm hopeful Sydney will win it by a couple of goals but North are in very good form and can move the ball quickly which worries us at the best of times.

I don't buy the "there's more pressure on Sydney" argument that some are putting forward. Both teams are vying for a spot in the Grand Final and another chance to win the flag. Both teams are under the same pressure and both will be equally devastated if they lose irrespective of what expectations each team had on their season this year.

Where is the "re-writing history"?

I think there is certainly more expectation and hence pressure on Sydney - finishing top of the ladder and being in the premiership window for the past couple of years will do that. While no team goes into a preliminary (or likely any game in most cases) thinking that they'll lose from a fan's perspective we have exceeded expectations and while a loss will be devastating for barrackers and players/coaches/staff alike (as losses always are) there would doubtless be a different feeling 24 hours on from the game between the two clubs. I suspect should you lose (which as I have highlighted before I do not believe will happen), the season will be considered a failure whereas for most our season has already been marked with the seal of success.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North's best is very, very good.

But Sydney's best is better.

If Sydney don't bring their best, North are absolutely a chance to pull it off, but they won't get over Sydney at their best, no way.
Don't worry, North never win except for when other teams don't play at their best.

They probably do, we are playing North in a prelim, easy pickings.

There is a fine line between arrogance and idiocy and you have leaped over that line. ;)

No issue with Swans supporters who feel supremely confident of winning, only idiots think their team can't lose though.

There is a fine line between arrogance and idiocy and you have leaped over that line. ;)

No issue with Swans supporters who feel supremely confident of winning, only idiots think their team can't lose though.
Swans can certainly be beaten during fins just not to North. It's going to be untidy for you.

I find it interesting the bravado coming from the North camp, they seem to be everywhere in the media at the moment trying to convince everyone that they are a strong chance, it reminds me of a huge underdog boxer trying to convince themselves and everyone around them they can win. Unfortunately North will KO'd first round in this one.

I find it interesting the bravado coming from the North camp, they seem to be everywhere in the media at the moment trying to convince everyone that they are a strong chance, it reminds me of a huge underdog boxer trying to convince themselves and everyone around them they can win. Unfortunately North will KO'd first round in this one.

If you don't think you can win, you wont win. I am sure the club is just keeping a positive frame of mind, it is not like the club has been disrespectful of the Swans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back