Preview 1st Prelim Final: Sydney v North Melbourne, ANZ Stadium, Fri 19th September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for an upset.

Though if it is North who get up, they are going to get creamed by Hawthorn in a blowout 07 style. Hawks v Swans would be the better GF.... Just remember the hawks swans H&A clash? Epic..

Fenkin permutations I hate you.
Thanks for the support, Alyssa. I think.

We'll worry about getting over the line tomorrow night first, of course, but that's a remarkably confident prediction this far out that a Hawthorn v North GF would be a "blowout".

Presumably it's not based on North's form against Hawthorn this year.

Thanks for the support, Alyssa. I think.

We'll worry about getting over the line tomorrow night first, of course, but that's a remarkably confident prediction this far out that a Hawthorn v North GF would be a "blowout".

Presumably it's not based on North's form against Hawthorn this year.

It's based on like freo last year, you will completely exhaust yourselves just making the granny and leave nothing in the tank.

It's based on like freo last year, you will completely exhaust yourselves just making the granny and leave nothing in the tank.
Oh, OK.

But who knows - maybe Hawthorn will have a tough time of it against Port too? Or even lose to Port?

Whether our boys have another game left in them or two, so long as they have a dead set crack tomorrow night, the club will be pretty proud of them. And with a lot to look forward to next year.

Oh, OK.

But who knows - maybe Hawthorn will have a tough time of it against Port too? Or even lose to Port?

Whether our boys have another game left in them or two, so long as they have a dead set crack tomorrow night, the club will be pretty proud of them. And with a lot to look forward to next year.

Port winning is remote rather than unlikely, they were looking very rocky last week Hawks would have killed them playing like that.
Port require good ball delivered to fwd's on the lead more than most teams. Hawks don't let that happen, everyone raves about ross but the fact is the Hawks have the best back 6 in the game.

I think North could win by a little or lose by a lot. I thought the same last week, but Sydney have everything in their favour tonight. Hope rather than confidence for me - but that's not how the players and coaches feel, and as long as they play with that confidence, I'll be happy.

Wonder where that last post went... Anyway, nervous about this game because if North show up, I still expect the Swans to win, but they'll give us a few issues.

Apart from the Brisbane game in 2003, we've won every final at ANZ by a comfortable 3-4 goal minimum margin. Our last prelim at the ground was against Collingwood which we won by 4 goals in 2012, and Fremantle in 2006 winning by 6 goals.

Wonder where that last post went... Anyway, nervous about this game because if North show up, I still expect the Swans to win, but they'll give us a few issues.

Apart from the Brisbane game in 2003, we've won every final at ANZ by a comfortable 3-4 goal minimum margin. Our last prelim at the ground was against Collingwood which we won by 4 goals in 2012, and Fremantle in 2006 winning by 6 goals.

I think I might have offended the Mods. Oh well, my point still stands for those that actually read it.

Charmen and Keating worked Goodes over in the ruck all game in '03
He was well and truly stuffed by the last quarter and that's when the got away
I remember it too vividly :(

Excited but a tough ask for the roos.

The key to success IMO:

Back our strong inside mids head to head with Goldstein giving first use

Shut down Hannebery - Bastinac or McDonald to run with him

Stop the drive from Macevski

Take the game on!

I reckon if both teams play at their peak, Swans will win, factoring in the week off etc. I'm nervous enough to feel that if we're below our absolute best we will get done though.

Either way North have overachieved IMHO, (it's a compliment) which of course means they will go in knowing they have nothing to lose so to speak. Which makes me nervous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you were that OCD you'd know in the early days South Melbourne players uniforms weren't uniform and many players went out in jumpers with the sash going the other way.

10 minutes and 30 seconds in.

I'll definitely mention this to Mero who runs www.footyjumpers.com , it's a site dedicated to the history of football jumpers. Thanks mate

2005 was a fairytale. Lose first final arguably due to poor umpiring, Nick Davis in the semi, come from behind and smack Saints in the prelim, then beat the 'evil' Eagles who rolled you in the QF, ironically with the player being shafted with the worst free I've seen in a decade take the best mark I have seen in a decade. I'm an eagles supporter and I kinda wish I was a neutral in that game because it would have been amazing for the neutral viewer. Oh, and the whole 72 years since your last flag thing as well.

Actually you're spot on there. That was a fairytale. It was an amazing time to be a Swans fan. I also got married a week after the GF so I was really walking around on Cloud 9. My idiot groomsman had us sing the Swans song during the speeches at the reception.

Thinking back on that great time I really do hope that the Roos fans....don't get to experience it this year :D

Either way North have overachieved IMHO

Being inconsistent for 3/4 of the season and dropping games to teams like Brisbane and Carlton makes it hard to define the season as overachieving.

We finished the season where we deserved on the back of those sorts of losses. However couple with some consistency run of wins, we defeated Essendon as we should, and kept at bay a bruised up Geelong as we should.

Not a crack as you've made a fair and respectful post, while you guys are deserved favorites, im surprised how much we've been written off this week.

Here's hoping we have 1998 Adelaide type year o_O, although September of that year is a total blank....

Swans talls have a major advantage in height over our defenders, which concerns me.
I think the midfield contest will be a close battle.

I read it and reported it. It was a rubbish post. You should have thought twice, or better yet, deleted it.
Maybe.

But when Sydney fans start behaving like Bay 13 flogs, they get what they deserve on the main board.

So you support Swan's trolling North, and then get upset when someone responds in kind.

There is a word for that.....

Maybe.

But when Sydney fans start behaving like Bay 13 flogs, they get what they deserve on the main board.

So you support Swan's trolling North, and then get upset when someone responds in kind.

There is a word for that.....

Don't feed them then. The saddest moment for a troll is when nobody responds to their posts. They go and curl up in the fetal position on their little cots in their parents' basement.

There's still plenty of quality discussion in amongst all the garbage. Rise above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back