Operation - Get Sanderson

Remove this Banner Ad

No more sacked duds, unproven former players or mates of coaches at the club.

Sanderson was a very successful and highly rated assistant coach. In his first year as a senior coach he got his team from 12th to 2nd in the home and away and narrowly missed out on a grand final berth. Despite the last 2 years of mediocrity from the team he's coached, he's still more well-credentialled than anyone on our coaching panel - including Buckley. Who would you prefer as an assistant coach?

So we recruit Sanderson and go back to having no ruck coach. That really worked well for us prior to Ceglar's departure from the club.
It was a tounge in cheek comment, hence the wink. Chill out sweetheart.

I didn't think that was a criteria for "Operation Get (insert name of player or coach here)"
No, but at the same time this and the Cox thread are being realistic. How do you propose we convince a player who turned his back on free agency this year to completely change his mind about moving clubs?

So, midfield coach, forward or back?

I hope either Harvey takes up a position at another club or we move him on, make Sando senior assistant
Fingers crossed he gets the top job at the Crows or GC if McKenna gets the boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, that couldn't be any further than the truth, what Bucks actually said on ABC tonight was our coaching panel for 2015 is selected, complete, done, and will be announced on Monday.

Bucks was simply admitting he felt sympathy for Sanderson, and that if he could he would try and get him on board, but it won't be for 2015.
Am glad you raised this - I didn't think Bucks did anything more than express his sympathy. Of course he would like him at the club but his panel had already been finalised.
Nonetheless, I preferred the Age's version - would love for Sando to come on board

Just in terms of having room to bring Sanderson on board, having recently shed Lappin - didn't we do that to manage the football department spend?
Or was that just a convenient excuse?
If it was genuine, what implications would bringing in Sanderson have from a 'luxury tax' perspective due to the re-increased spend?

He will come to the pies, as if he would say no to he's god child jet :)

So we have:
Bucks
Harvey
Hart
Burns
Tapping
Lockyer?
McRae?
Anyone else in the coaching department?

Lost/Cut:
Hudson
Lappin

Want:
Sando
Cox
try to cut spending

Who else is included in football department cap? Davoren? Hine? Rendell? Medical staff?

Football Department

Rodney Eade - Director of Football

Marcus Wagner - Football Operations Manager

Tracey O'Connor - Executive Assistant

David Stiff - Psychology and Wellbeing Manager

Shane Joules - Opposition Analyst

Jarrod Harkness - Football Analysis Manager

Ashley Collins - Senior Football Analyst

Ashley Close - Football Analyst

Emily Walker - Dietitian

Christian Stagliano - Player Development Manager

Luke Gatti - VFL General Manager

Wayne Connor - Property Manager

Graham Bechley - VFL Property Coordinator

Football Department - Coaching Staff

Nathan Buckley - Senior Coach

Robert Harvey - Senior Assistant Coach

Ben Hart - Assistant Coach (Backline)

Scott Burns - Assistant Coach (Midfield)

Dale Tapping - VFL Coach

Craig McRae - Development Manager

Steven Grace - Development Coach (Backline)

Tarkyn Lockyer - Development Coach (Midfield)

Anthony Rocca - Development Coach (Forward line)

Football Department - High Performance

Bill Davoren - High Performance Manager

Michael Dugina - Strength and Conditioning Coach

Marty Girvan - Weights Coordinator

Kevin White - Sports Scientist

Blake McLean - Sports Scientist

Rohan Bownds - Head Trainer/Player Appearance Coordinator

Chris Howley - Rehabilitation Coordinator

Dean Filopoulos - VFL Conditioning

Football Department - List Management

Derek Hine - General Manager of List Management

Matthew Rendell - Senior National Recruiting Assistant

Dominic Milesi - National Recruiting Assistant

Adam Shepard - National Recruiting Assistant

I don't know a thing about coaching but I can't say I've ever been overawed by anything Pebbles has said in a report or interview.

One of those cases of having to trust the club I guess. Ha... Like pretty much every other decision they make, really!

Great point Bucks makes about this being such a wasteful industry. As he pointed out, Collingwood are forced to make cuts to avoid this tax while the Crows blow a million bucks in two years on a bloke who will make zero contribution.

Nuts.

Anyone think that with us announcing Lappin's replacement, that if it isn't Tapping, then it could be someone form Port or North given that they have just bowed out of the finals?

I don't know a thing about coaching but I can't say I've ever been overawed by anything Pebbles has said in a report or interview.

One of those cases of having to trust the club I guess. Ha... Like pretty much every other decision they make, really!

Great point Bucks makes about this being such a wasteful industry. As he pointed out, Collingwood are forced to make cuts to avoid this tax while the Crows blow a million bucks in two years on a bloke who will make zero contribution.

Nuts.
I know what you're saying mate , but I think he'd be great at teaching the young blokes how to use their body's in marking contests .

Anyone think that with us announcing Lappin's replacement, that if it isn't Tapping, then it could be someone form Port or North given that they have just bowed out of the finals?
Bucks made the comment about the "Monday announcement" before last night's game though, so doubt it's anyone from there.

Seems we are promoting from within thanks to the AFL's new cap on spending, what a brilliant idea that was, less people will be employed by Collingwood because of yet another stunning Demetriou idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back