List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we keep Maric or Miles? Can't really afford to lose Houli at the moment either.... I think Grigg and Chaplin have done alright too. Need to be replaced in time but only 1 on the whole list... virtually no club has that in the AFL. Or do you mean 1 more?

I meant each year. In other words we don't go out and get 2 delisted players from other clubs and stick them on our senior list. It was unrelated to trades or good quality free agents.

Although I wouldn't mind doing away with Grigg and Chaplin...

Honestly what would you have wanted for him before his breakout year? This year I'd value him around 20ish our first is to high our second to low
Before this year I wouldn't have wanted north to trade him. (Still don't) Was a jet in the vfl and played a few good games for north last year had crazy upside just had shocking disposal so we would have got s**t for him this year he's disposal has got 100x better. I wouldn't want to trade him for a pick unless it's under 5 only because were trying for a cheap flag tilt b4 gws and gc get going so anything else really wouldn't help that. Obviously know he's not worth that.

How do people feel about trading Deledio?

My logic:
- Grigg needs to go
- Deledio loves Grigg
- Grigg has little value
- Deledio + Grigg has lots of value
- Deledio 27 (28 early next year) will not be any more valuable than he is now.

If a club say GWS would offer Shiel and O'Rourke would you take it?

Apparently O'Rourke making his mind up between the hawks and north

Pies think they can get danger. Also trying to get 22 for Harry O

Waite and Higgins will be announced as north players as soon as the free agency windows open

Forget about what his true value is, Luke Ball was worth a top 20 selection but collingwood had #31/32

Whats our 2nd selection , Thats what he is worth ............. Player wants to leave and is uncontracted take a loss and sell slightly unders

Ben Jacobs wanted to go to North Melbourne and kangaroos port wanted a early 20's pick but roo's only had #37

Originally recruited by Port Adelaide with pick No.16 in the 2010 NAB AFL Draft, the defender sparked significant interest when he announced he wanted to return to Victoria.

After 26 games in two seasons, the left footer departed Port Adelaide with no compensation when a trade couldn't be arranged.

North Melbourne then selected Jacobs with pick 37 in the 2012 National Draft.

Sorry in advance for the intrusion.
Just wondering what you'd think Levi worth would be? Keeping in mind that he had a statistically better year than danger was our best inside mid (arguably best player) should finish top 3 bnf and is still relatively young
Also this isn't the first year we have been after greenwood I'm sure we had a go last year as well. I don't think he will leave you guys but if for some reason he wants too I think we're as good a chance as any as he seems to be close to a few of our boys

Apparently O'Rourke making his mind up between the hawks and north

Pies think they can get danger. Also trying to get 22 for Harry O

Waite and Higgins will be announced as north players as soon as the free agency windows open
I thought we had a chance with O'Routke , he's good mate with Ellis and he grandad played for Richmond .

I thought we had a chance with O'Routke , he's good mate with Ellis and he grandad played for Richmond .
I thought we were too. Just passing on what I heard. But if both those clubs are willing to offer there first rounders it will trump us. And apparently fj doesn't rate him

Anything over pick 20 is unders I think. So you would want our first (11) but don't think he's worth quite that. Somewhere between pick 11 - 20 for mine.

For Levi Greenwood?!?! Sorry...

4802159+_ee64d257b33e0b916d02f726a7a97253.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant each year. In other words we don't go out and get 2 delisted players from other clubs and stick them on our senior list. It was unrelated to trades or good quality free agents.

Although I wouldn't mind doing away with Grigg and Chaplin...

Yeah rito.... makes far more sense! We need Chaplin for a couple more years (on the list, as insurance for Astbury/Grimes). Grigg could be gone if we can use him in some trade. If not is reasonable depth.... should no longer be an automatic selection....

Wowweee! Last few pages, I've never seen the Tigers board like it. Normally full of respect and understanding....so unless it's an in joke i'm missing....fuuuu.

IMO Tiger71 isn't a troll, his track record isn't perfect but it's as good as any in terms of providing mail on these dynamic situations. Even BH, FJ wouldn't know if some things will work out until they do...and at other times would be hopeful and then it falls through. The Dustin Martin mail last year was spot on and the other stuff provided us information here before the media outlets.

Anyway...Everyone reeelllaaaxxxx and wait for the big fish doozy war chest spectacular! :)

How do people feel about trading Deledio?

My logic:
- Grigg needs to go
- Deledio loves Grigg
- Grigg has little value
- Deledio + Grigg has lots of value
- Deledio 27 (28 early next year) will not be any more valuable than he is now.

If a club say GWS would offer Shiel and O'Rourke would you take it?
Generally whenever someone suggests trading Deledio I tend to skim over any further comments they make. Would be one of our bigger trade bungles of the century if we did.

If Lids played for another club and was on the trade table we would want him. I think it's ridiculous to even think about trading him. People say we need to improve our list but then contemplate trading one of our best? I think we need to get rid of the cannon fodder before we get rid of Lids.
Hes a star of our club, a life member already and will play 300+ games for the yellow and black. We now have the luxury of playing him on a HFF where he was instrumental for us in the 9 game streak. Im really excited to see how he goes there all season long. But lets not make this thread about Lids, its a trade thread and there is no way in hell we are trading him.

2nd rounder max for Levi.

Put together one good season in 8 years and without injuries to teammates wasn't considered in norfs best 22.

Had a very good 2014 but massively overvalued for a bloke that has been a fringe player for most of his career.

Agreed. Pick 31 or no dice

I don't know much about this years kids so for people that have a bit of knowledge would you trade pick 12 for Orourke or do you think we can get a better kid in the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back