List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Greenwood would tie in with our recent trading efforts of going out and getting a player who fills a need but doesn't cost the earth to do so. I wonder if we can do a trade where we trade a later pick and a player for Greenwood. Ideally a straight swap player for player would be great to allow us to stick with early picks in the draft. In the end though I reckon it will be our second pick that gets it done.

Just looking at Greenwoods year and he would be a nice addition to our midfield. Looking at his numbers for 2014 compared to our midfielders and he stacks up very well compared to Cotchin. Cotchin on the left, Greenwood on the right.

CotchinvGreenwood.png

Last edited:

I reckon they are doing the right thing.

They need KPPS more than they need midfielders. Jacksh and McCartin would be a better haul for the Saints than just Petracca I believe.
Yeah,Dunno its a tough one.I guess with Gwilt gone,Fisher almost done,Its not a bad idea looking at it,but none the less a risk.

There is no way the roos will give up Greenwood for a 2nd round pick.
He will probably win their BnF this year.
He will cost to much.
Absolutely this. No doubt in my mind they'd ask for our first pick, which we wouldn't give.

If our second pick was involved it would have to include a McDonough or a Batchelor IMO. Doubt we'd do that also and I'm not sure how excited North would be at securing our fringe players when they made a Prelim and we scraped into the 8..

There is no way the roos will give up Greenwood for a 2nd round pick.
He will probably win their BnF this year.
He will cost to much.

I guess it will all come down to whether Greenwood walks or not. he's out of contract, so if he says I want to be traded to the Tigers - they'll take a 2nd Round pick to avoid him walking to the draft.

Trade Week radio just asked Hine if Vickery was the Pies plan B for missing out on Clark, Hine laughed at them.

Trade Week radio just asked Hine if Vickery was the Pies plan B for missing out on Clark, Hine laughed at them.
Tis the season to be silly :p

Not sure Greenwood is the right target for us. This is a guy who is at the peak of his value in terms of trade currency. We should be looking at others who we believe could provide similar output but come far cheaper, ie. Lyons.

Having said that, one thing I'd be looking at is trading pick 11 to GWS for O'Rourke and pick 20 (they'd want more but I doubt they'd get it), then on-trading pick 20 for Greenwood. Pick 11 for Greenwood and O'Rourke I could live with.

Not sure Greenwood is the right target for us. This is a guy who is at the peak of his value in terms of trade currency. We should be looking at others who we believe could provide similar output but come far cheaper, ie. Lyons.

Having said that, one thing I'd be looking at is trading pick 11 to GWS for O'Rourke and pick 20 (they'd want more but I doubt they'd get it), then on-trading pick 20 for Greenwood. Pick 11 for Greenwood and O'Rourke I could live with.
I agree with you here Stylo. Whilst he would be a nice addition were better off finding a cheaper alternative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Greenwood would tie in with our recent trading efforts of going out and getting a player who fills a need but doesn't cost the earth to do so. I wonder if we can do a trade where we trade a later pick and a player for Greenwood. Ideally a straight swap player for player would be great to allow us to stick with early picks in the draft. In the end though I reckon it will be our second pick that gets it done.

Just looking at Greenwoods year and he would be a nice addition to our midfield. Looking at his numbers for 2014 compared to our midfielders and he stacks up very well compared to Cotchin. Cotchin on the left, Greenwood on the right.

View attachment 83359

Can't agree! Greenwood is like Hampson. No more than a third rounder. Offering a 2nd rounder is overs and set us back again!

Hawthorn would never cough up a 2nd rounder for Greenwood.

O'Rourke goes to Hawks for pick 18 and we give 31 for Greenwood is utterly ridiculous!

One thing for sure, get Greenwood for 31 and Hartley will be sacked within 2 years!

Last edited:
Another thing to consider is the possibility that the Hawks trade pick 18 to GWS for O'Rourke in a straight swap. That gives the Giants picks 18, 20 and 23. I'd offer them pick 11, Grigg and pick 31 for 18, 20 and 23. Gives us a nice little cluster of top 25 picks. GWS get an experienced mid and a higher pick.

Like it but don't think GWS will go for it. We would have to offer something else. They will not want a late pick. A young fringe player would go. I would throw in Gordon with Sydney connection

Last edited:
Can't agree! Greenwood is like Hampson. No more than a third rounder. Offering a 2nd rounder is overs and set us back again!

Hawthorn would never cough up a 2nd rounder for Greenwood.

O'Rourke goes to Hawks for pick 18 and we give 31 for Greenwood is utterly ridiculous!

One thing for sure, get Greenwood for 31 and Hartley will be sacked within 2 years!

Disagree completely with this. Greenwood will finish top 3 in the B&F this year... a 2nd Round pick is more than fair...

And if Hartley can pull this one off - it would be his best pick up since Maric.

Disagree completely with this. Greenwood will finish top 3 in the B&F this year... a 2nd Round pick is more than fair...

And if Hartley can pull this one off - it would be his best pick up since Maric.

Top 3 in a Best and Fairest at an average club that was outclassed by the Swans using Scotts words, means nothing!

Jackson was best and fairest and has retired. Getting Greenwood at 25 for a second rounder is outrageously stupid! Guys like McLean, Cockatoo and so forth in the draft over 10 years plus offer far better value!

Just means one thing Hartley and co needs to be sacked ASAP if true before they destroy the club properly!

.and he mite stay at his peak for a while yet..the idea is to get in our window... With bringing good players in....as for its all down hill he is 25 ...still plenty of time..thats like sayin lets get rid of Cotchin....cause he is around that age...its insane...your logic is totally insane...you need to be permantly committed..

Not trading Jackson after winning our best and fairest was insane!

What planet are you on?

Cotch is like Hodge at Hawks. You get players younger than him like at Hawthorn to give the team and club time to grow into a realistic window thats achiveable. Wake up and smell the coffee!

If you get Greenwood and older types other players and prospects will avoid an aging RFC like the plague. Hawthorn have a younger list FFS!

How good was Langford in the high pressured GF and he is a baby!

Frawley will go to Hawthorn because they have young talent and can still win premiership!

Frawley will not go to Geelong because they are older and s..... And not near a premiership!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back